Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN  (Read 26600 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN
« Reply #240 on: December 25, 2008, 05:34:47 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to Miss Cissy Wechter's home environment for a Christmas Day partay.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #241 on: December 25, 2008, 05:34:58 PM »

At long last, page nine.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: December 25, 2008, 05:39:36 PM »

I missed the Pogues at the Do.  In fact, I miss the Pogues, period.

Michael

« Reply #243 on: December 25, 2008, 05:40:30 PM »

I hope everyone had a wonderful day and got everything they wanted and had delicious food and great family time.
Never stop dreaming.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #244 on: December 25, 2008, 05:46:42 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to Miss Cissy Wechter's home environment for a Christmas Day partay.

I just this afternoon watched the great "A&M" Hollywood Palace show from 1967, with some wonderful moments featuring Julius.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #245 on: December 25, 2008, 05:47:11 PM »

Whoever was the boom operator that night had been drinking, I can tell you that.  :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 05:53:29 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #246 on: December 25, 2008, 05:53:56 PM »

My Christopher Norman chocolates from New York are delicious!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #247 on: December 25, 2008, 06:23:17 PM »

Good evening everyone.  We have returned safely back across the mountains to Tacoma, after a wonderful Christmas.  Yesterday DH Jed and DS Toby and I had Christmas dinner with my parents, and opened our presents.  Then Jed left to do his Christmas Eve traditions with his family, and my parents and I left to do the 7 pm and 10 pm church services.  My mom was filling in for the organist and my dad was conducting the choir, and I sang (sight-reading the two pieces with no difficulty at all)  DS Toby was as good as gold during church, charming everyone with big smiles, and falling asleep in the wrap and staying there until almost the end of the service.  Then he woke up and I took him into the church office to nurse, and we were back for the closing hymn.
This morning we woke up and went over to DH Jed's house for presents and Christmas breakfast, as per the tradition. 
With excellent food and great presents, a wonderful time was had by all.  Toby nursed and slept and smiled at everyone, and charmed the entire family. 
Toby slept the whole way home (a little over 2 hours) He also slept the whole way there on Tuesday.  What a champ.  We're now watching A Christmas Story on TV and contemplating some dinner soon.

I hope everyone has had very merry holidays full of great food and family.  A VERY Merry Christmas to all!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #248 on: December 25, 2008, 06:26:56 PM »

There are many Christmas pictures, but I think I left my camera at Jed's mom's house, so until I find it, you all are spared :D

Laura

« Reply #249 on: December 25, 2008, 06:34:13 PM »

Aww, Ann. I was hoping for some pictures.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #250 on: December 25, 2008, 06:43:37 PM »

Next we have a lovely grouping of people.  From left to right: PennyO, Druxy, Mrs. Druxy (Sandy), John Holly, and his friend, whose name I don't remember.

What a lovely group of freinds and guests! I am glad your gathering went well bk!

ON that note.....

Merry Christmas to one and all!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #251 on: December 25, 2008, 06:47:43 PM »

Lovely pictures!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #252 on: December 25, 2008, 06:51:17 PM »

DF Jon arrives tomorrow for a week's visit. Not sure what I am getting from him but I am intrigued. He is taking me out for my birthday later in the week but I am not sure where I want to go for dinner on my birthday...

My choices are Grazies (Northern Italian), Santa Lucia (Greek) or Saffron (Northern Indian/ Punjab)....

Tough decision...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: December 25, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »

I have to say that TV is a "doldrums" this Christmas Day.

Yep although there is a new Christmas episode of Y&R later for me (in the US it will be shown tomorrow).

However Jennifer, It was fun to see the classic eppie of YR today in the US. I think it was from the late 1980s. Gotta love the 80s hair!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #254 on: December 25, 2008, 07:00:55 PM »

RIP Eartha Kitt!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: December 25, 2008, 07:01:47 PM »

TOTD:
Gregory Maquire: Son Of A Witch

I plan on reading this book during break....

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #256 on: December 25, 2008, 07:05:24 PM »

Good Evening

Today was really lovely.

Fred, please thank Skip for the cooking advice - the prime rib steaks smelled and looked beutiful and I was reassurred by thr Vixter and Vixdad both verbally and by the speed with which they consumed them that they were also delcious.  Unfortunately I found I was not able to eat mine and settled for creamed spincah and a Carnation instant breakfast

I hope you all had a very lovely time at your Christamas partay.  It was wonderful speaking to you  and Skip and Jose and Julie
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #257 on: December 25, 2008, 07:06:20 PM »

It has been a busy month. This past week has been two trips up to my mother's place and back for differen activities and events.

I did get a lovely gift certificate for BN... I will have to do some serious thinking on on what I want... Oh the choice...  :-)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: December 25, 2008, 07:07:20 PM »

I did finish the beast and turned taht in over a week ago. Thank god!  If anyone is brave, you are welcomed to read it.

vixmom

« Reply #259 on: December 25, 2008, 07:07:21 PM »

Larry thanki you for the lovely box of Godiva chocolates.  Chocolate is thr one thing now that I can still taste properly.  What a wonderfula nd unexpected treat.  The box was also decorated with a beautiful crystal snowflake ornament which will grace my tree for years to come and always remind me how very lucky I am to have a friend like you

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #260 on: December 25, 2008, 07:07:52 PM »

Good evening dear Vixmom....

You have been in my thoughts and I hope all is well... I send many vibes!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: December 25, 2008, 07:09:40 PM »

Mother nature the last few weeks has been unpleasant. WE have had horrendousy cold temps and several storms and blizzards. Not fun!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #262 on: December 25, 2008, 07:11:27 PM »

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

From OZ - Happy Boxing Day. (I think DR Jennifer will know and celebrate the holiday)

Happy St Stephen's Day.  (Not a reference to Mr Sondheim as good King Wenceslas would have known)

Oh yes it is my favorite holiday!

Well actually i'm not sure if anyone here would say "happy boxing day". But it is a huge day here. I"m guessing the 26th must be a fairly big shopping day also in the US. But in Canada it is the biggest shopping day of the year! :)

Jennifer, I have been to Winnepeg on Boxing day and never again. It is not because of the shopping but because of the cold. The one time I was there it was -40.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #263 on: December 25, 2008, 07:14:11 PM »

RIP Harold Pinter and Eartha Kitt....

vixmom

« Reply #264 on: December 25, 2008, 07:15:22 PM »

Yesterday (Christmas Eve) and teh day befoe I felt so well that I went to work and worked for the full day (well yetserday the boss sent us home at 3 PM after a catered lunch)

Then yesterday evening we gathered at my parents house, the Vixfamily Trio, my brother from Ohio with his wife, three daughters, Japanese exchange student and his inlaws.  Then my other brother and his girlfriend arrived and  announced that an hour earlier my brother had proposed and she had accepted.  We are all very pleased and excited.  I had announced when I became ill that I was going to forego exchanging gifts this year.  Everyone decided to follow suit and we each ended up each getting something small for each of the girls    (my brothers 3 and his exchange student and the Vixter)

I am sure the engagement celebration helped - and it is also that sanme brother's birthday today so we celebrated that as well - but the whole eveing just seemed so much nicer just watching the girls each open  a couple of small gifts and remving teh hassel of teh exchange betweent eh adults.  I think I may just suggest that we continue this as a new tradition

vixmom

« Reply #265 on: December 25, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »

As far as prezzies in this household we were planning on a very lean Christmas present wise.   I do shop during the year and put things away so I had a few small items for the Vixter and for Vixdad.  I took advantage of the DVD sale at DDD and ordered a full boxed set of every episodeof RED DWARF as a present for the family and a certain DR sold me (very reasonably priced may I add, and thank you again!!)   some DVDs and I expected that to be that.

Now back in September the Vixter had expressed her hope for a Wii or a IPOD  but since my diagnosis she has not asked for a thing .  When pressed for a list she insisted that she couldn't think of a thing that she wanted or needed.   We looked into getting the Wii but the price of teh uit and a game was well beyond our  budget.  We were looking for sales to see if we could at least get her an IPOD when we had a little Christmas miracle - the bank statement arrived

vixmom

« Reply #266 on: December 25, 2008, 07:31:43 PM »

It seems that 3 years ago I had signed up for a  "points system" on my debit card - every time I use it as a credit card  I get 4 points for every dollar I spend.  Occassionally they have special months where you get doub;le point s for supermarket sales, or for shopping at a particular store.

I never paid any attention to the point accruel but I do use that card for everything - gas, groceries, pharmacy, paying thw water bill, cable bill, telephone bill, etc. and I have never exchanged a single point.

When I opened the statement it annouced that I had 523,000 points!!  So I perused the  "Rewards Catalog"  I had enough points to get the Vixter the Wii  AND a 8GB Nano.  It didn't cost us a cent  - they didn't even charge for shipping.

You should have seen her face when she opened them.  I was so pleased we coudl do it for her .  She has been working so hard, vacuuming. cooking . cleaning , laundrey along with her school work and all her otehr activicties at church and school.  She hasn't complained and does it all with a  smile.

I am such a  very lucky woman to have such a  supportive family and such a wonderful group of friends here at HHW - thank you all for the cards and the words of comfort and support,

I thank God daily for each and everyone of you.

vixmom

« Reply #267 on: December 25, 2008, 07:32:22 PM »

and now I shall shut up for a while and catch up on what all of you have been saying!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #268 on: December 25, 2008, 07:37:05 PM »

Vixmom!!! Merriest of Merry Christmases! So glad for the kazillion points that made it possible to grant the extraordinary and saintly Vixter her fondest wishes!!!
PennyO

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #269 on: December 25, 2008, 07:40:58 PM »

Debra, thank you for that heartwarming Christmas "memory".  That's truly what the spirit of Christmas giftgiving is about.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up