Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: JEWS AND BASEBALL  (Read 18862 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: JEWS AND BASEBALL
« Reply #270 on: November 20, 2010, 06:24:53 PM »

A FaceBook friend just asked this question

"If I press 1 for English, why do I still get someone I can't understand??"

Just had to share. :)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #271 on: November 20, 2010, 06:27:27 PM »

Tummy, Travel & TSA VIBES for Elmore
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

« Reply #272 on: November 20, 2010, 06:29:22 PM »

Has anyone read THE LACUNA?  It is my next discussion book and I'm really not looking forward to reading it.

Ginny

« Reply #273 on: November 20, 2010, 06:30:27 PM »

Has anyone read THE LACUNA?  It is my next discussion book and I'm really not looking forward to reading it.

It's in my "to read" stack - should I read along with you?  I've been trying to decide what to read next...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #274 on: November 20, 2010, 06:33:55 PM »

never heard of it
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #275 on: November 20, 2010, 06:37:08 PM »

We are on the phone with Craig discussing the weather.  Kitty is entertaining him.  She enjoys exploring the hotel rooms every night.
Is he in a motel room?  Hope he's not risking it if the weather is bad

Cillaliz

« Reply #276 on: November 20, 2010, 06:40:17 PM »

DR Vixmom - thanks for the photos!! I like Vixter's dress the best, although they are all very beautiful

Cillaliz

« Reply #277 on: November 20, 2010, 06:40:40 PM »

We are under a freezing drizzle warning until 6 AM.  Glad I don't have anywhere to go tonight

Jane

« Reply #278 on: November 20, 2010, 06:49:51 PM »

I won't be getting the book until I go into town again.  I don't have to finish reading it until December 13th so there is plenty of time.  It would be fun to read it together.

I will probably finish reading a book tonight & begin THE NEIGHBORS, the third book in the series DR Jennifer got me started on.  Neighbors should be a quick read or I will have to put it aside to begin Lacuna.

Laura

« Reply #279 on: November 20, 2010, 06:54:32 PM »

Our Vixter is all grown up.

I guess she was last year, too.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #280 on: November 20, 2010, 06:55:20 PM »

We are on the phone with Craig discussing the weather.  Kitty is entertaining him.  She enjoys exploring the hotel rooms every night.
Is he in a motel room?  Hope he's not risking it if the weather is bad

No he is not risking it.  Yes he is in a motel, hopefully for no more than two nights.  Craig asked if he can put chains on a trailer.  Keith did some research & couldn't find a definite answer & told Craig if he does put chains on & drives not to tell us.  We don't think he will but you can tell how badly he wants to get back on the road.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #281 on: November 20, 2010, 06:56:48 PM »

TOD:

The Andrea Doria

I had a partially finished book I was writing that took place on the Andrea Doria on that fateful cruise.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #282 on: November 20, 2010, 06:57:25 PM »

Tell him not to take the risk, Jane. He is safe in a motel room. He may not be safe if he gets on the road.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #283 on: November 20, 2010, 07:03:46 PM »

Good morning, all! This is my pre-flight day and, since flying terrifies me, I'll need a lot of vibes tomorrow morning! Today I slept late;one reason may be the fact that the Oaf Above Me arrived home with a door slam around 1:30. stomped around for a bit in heavy shoes to a lot of clatter and then left with another door slam. When he came home later, he walked around with his shoes off, quieter, but he's got a heavy tread or maybe there are fewer carpets now that he's packing.

TRAVEL VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #284 on: November 20, 2010, 07:05:01 PM »

I assure you, Craig knows we don't want him driving & he knows he shouldn't.  If it looks like he will be trapped more than a day I think he might head to the coast & take the long way to us.  Tomorrow he will try and sleep in.  Yogi, the dog, is still on east coast time so we shall see.

Cillaliz

« Reply #285 on: November 20, 2010, 07:17:26 PM »

Glad Craig is in a motel.  I've been snowed in more than once. I always really want to get going, but later am always glad I didn't

Ginny

« Reply #286 on: November 20, 2010, 07:18:15 PM »

Well, tonight's batch of caramel corn is a hit!  I'm going to fix a tin to take to the cardiac rehab nurses on Monday (my last day) and the rest is for Richard and Rob.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #287 on: November 20, 2010, 07:20:07 PM »

Yes, Craig is doing the right thing by staying put.

Jane

« Reply #288 on: November 20, 2010, 07:23:24 PM »

Glad Craig is in a motel.  I've been snowed in more than once. I always really want to get going, but later am always glad I didn't

I'm sure.  Of course a nice hotel is more fun to be stranded ;)  He doesn't have a pair of waterproof shoes and his umbrella broke in the wind.  I suggested he ask at the desk if they have an umbrella he can use.  I don't know if motels provide them like hotels do.

Jane

« Reply #289 on: November 20, 2010, 07:23:44 PM »

Well, tonight's batch of caramel corn is a hit!  I'm going to fix a tin to take to the cardiac rehab nurses on Monday (my last day) and the rest is for Richard and Rob.

Lucky people.

Jane

« Reply #290 on: November 20, 2010, 07:26:05 PM »

If Craig had known he would have a room with a frig he would have purchased more at the market.  To go anywhere he has to put the pets in the car and pull a trailer.  Last Keith checked it was beginning to snow in Redding.  I hope there won't be much snow tomorrow.

Jane

« Reply #291 on: November 20, 2010, 07:29:07 PM »

I have a minor complaint/statement.... I prefer doing the injections in my thigh vs my stomach.  I'm supposed to rotate locations during the month to avoid problems.  I might change the pattern after I complete the first month.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #292 on: November 20, 2010, 07:30:59 PM »

Yup. It was a typical Barbara Kingsolver novel. Very leftist, but dense and good. Great portrait of, among others, Frieda Kahlo, Diego Rivera and Trotsky. In addition to communism, it deals with gay rights, the McCarthy era and great food. I hope you have more than a couple of weeks to read it, because it really can be dense and shouldn't be rushed.

It wasn't my favorite of her books, but it's her best fiction since "Pigs in Heaven."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #293 on: November 20, 2010, 07:33:23 PM »

I have a minor complaint/statement.... I prefer doing the injections in my thigh vs my stomach.  I'm supposed to rotate locations during the month to avoid problems.  I might change the pattern after I complete the first month.
It's OK to complain about having to do that. It doesn't sound pleasant.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #294 on: November 20, 2010, 07:37:51 PM »

DR Jane - you have every right to complain about the injections.  I think you're very brave to be doing them at all.

Cillaliz

« Reply #295 on: November 20, 2010, 07:43:16 PM »

I agree with Ginny and John G

Cillaliz

« Reply #296 on: November 20, 2010, 07:43:58 PM »

Is it my immagination or has there been a big upturn in violence lately

Cillaliz

« Reply #297 on: November 20, 2010, 07:45:36 PM »

CNN is doing a special right now on the murder of Ronni Chasen

Ginny

« Reply #298 on: November 20, 2010, 07:48:50 PM »

CNN is doing a special right now on the murder of Ronni Chasen

I saw a story about her on MSNBC in the cardiac rehab gym yesterday - yes, the TV was tuned to something other than Fox News.

Jane

« Reply #299 on: November 20, 2010, 07:48:51 PM »

Yup. It was a typical Barbara Kingsolver novel. Very leftist, but dense and good. Great portrait of, among others, Frieda Kahlo, Diego Rivera and Trotsky. In addition to communism, it deals with gay rights, the McCarthy era and great food. I hope you have more than a couple of weeks to read it, because it really can be dense and shouldn't be rushed.

It wasn't my favorite of her books, but it's her best fiction since "Pigs in Heaven."

Thanks.  Honestly it still doesn't appeal to me.  I'll let you know when I'm done reading, and thank you for the tip to begin the book sooner than later.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up