Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COUGHERS  (Read 4376 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE COUGHERS
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2019, 05:01:16 PM »

Cell phone users.  Of course talking or the phone ringing is very annoying.

Jane

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2019, 05:01:49 PM »

Texting is bad enough with the bright light but why can't they dim the light if they are going to text.

Jane

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2019, 05:05:18 PM »

Speaking of dimming the light, I did that the other night when we were at the event to hear the author.  Not knowing what the sound would be like, and since the lights were not completely turned to movie setting, I wanted the option to adjust my hearing aids with my phone app.  Boy did I need to as the speaker was not using the microphone correcting and had a soft voice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2019, 05:32:17 PM »

David Winters has passed away.  He's been in and out of hospitals for years with heart problems but has managed to survive all of them save for his last.  I took dance from him at fourteen years of age, he choreographed me in one of the Donny and Marie shows and put me in his film, Racquet.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2019, 06:04:26 PM »

David Winters has passed away.  He's been in and out of hospitals for years with heart problems but has managed to survive all of them save for his last.  I took dance from him at fourteen years of age, he choreographed me in one of the Donny and Marie shows and put me in his film, Racquet.

Sad news. 

David was one of my very first publicity clients, and was also responsible for my getting other clients (e.g. Pat Harrington, Jr., etal.).

R.I.P., my friend.
You can dream…or you can do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2019, 07:43:49 PM »

My condolences, BK. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2019, 07:47:08 PM »

I had a major breakthrough with little Thatch this morning which was quite wonderful.  The Thatch in the stories is not the actual Thatch at all, more my wishful projection, but he becomes more trusting and less paranoid daily.  I did develop a headache this morning, so I took some Tylenol and lay down for a bit.  Thatch joined me, and the longer we lay there, the more curious about me he became.  He started climbing and walking over over me as he would get on and off the bed.  I think he wanted to sleep in the cat tree, but Annabelle has appropriated it today.  He would occasionally walk to the foot of the bed just  to see if she were still there.  Usually, she's up in the book cases.  Then he'd wander about, come back and lie down with me.

Around 1:15, he started his perambulations again, climbed up on my chest, and then lay down on it.  He stayed there for maybe ten minutes when he rose, continued his walk off my chest, and plopped down in the space between my right arm and my chest.  He curled up, decided he liked it, and then spect the next 15 minutes or so grooming himself there.  He's usually so frightened of  anyone getting too close to him, much as he craves the affection, that he likes to be petted but not enclosed.  This is good.

What a wonderful story, Elmore.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2019, 07:47:44 PM »

My sympathies, BK.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2019, 07:49:58 PM »

Back to The Bookshop. I'm not enjoying it. So, I'm going to skip to about the end.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2019, 07:50:11 PM »

I have to be up early tomorrow.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2019, 07:50:22 PM »

Gratuitous post No. 100!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2019, 07:51:29 PM »

I have to take the car in for repairs, then get a chest X-ray (a followup to last year's surgery). Then it's off to a daylong meeting that is a real dog-and-pony show.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2019, 07:51:45 PM »

Then tomorrow night it's ushering for Spamalot.
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2019, 08:04:06 PM »

Last night on HBO was the first episode of the miniseries GENTLEMAN JACK.....it just happened to come on at the right time....I watched it.

Most entertaining - very good show....if someone has HBO and is looking for something to watch.

Oh, I've seen previews and I want to watch that. :)

We don't get HBO.

Then how do you watch Game of Thrones?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2019, 08:04:44 PM »

Then I had a good email from the State University of New York (SUNY) in New Paltz, and I called Joshie so we can plan our trip there for this Friday.  Too much excitement today!

Did I miss an important announcement?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

John G.

« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2019, 08:11:38 PM »

The reviews tonight for Tootsie have been excellent. David Yazbeck has grown better with each show. I'm really interested in hearing this one.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2019, 08:24:18 PM »

Good night, all. 
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2019, 08:29:13 PM »

Last night on HBO was the first episode of the miniseries GENTLEMAN JACK.....it just happened to come on at the right time....I watched it.

Most entertaining - very good show....if someone has HBO and is looking for something to watch.

I haven't seen it, but the screenwriter, Sally Wainwright, is one of my favorites. I don't have HBO, so I'm hoping it comes to Netflix or Acorn.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2019, 08:30:12 PM »

good news on Thatch.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2019, 08:30:54 PM »

I haven't seen it, but the screenwriter, Sally Wainwright, is one of my favorites. I don't have HBO, so I'm hoping it comes to Netflix or Acorn.

Oh, and I think PBS will be showing it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2019, 08:32:41 PM »

I got my car waxed today. Long overdue.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2019, 08:34:49 PM »

Bruce, I'm amazed that TWO people came out to deliver your new phone and set it up. I didn't know they did that at all; I thought you bought it in the store or they mailed it to you.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2019, 08:36:08 PM »

I'm very tired and barely functional.

Good night.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2019, 10:21:43 PM »

We don't get HBO.

Then how do you watch Game of Thrones?

LOL, we don't.   

Keith read the first novel as we watched the fist season.  He enjoyed both the book & the show.  I think it was too much at once and he didn't care if we continued watching.  Sorry all of you fans out there but I did not want to watch any more of the show so we stopped.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2019, 10:22:21 PM »

We have been to 2 or 3 of the beautiful locations where it was filmed.

George

« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2019, 11:00:57 PM »

The reviews tonight for Tootsie have been excellent. David Yazbeck has grown better with each show. I'm really interested in hearing this one.

Me, too! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2019, 11:03:44 PM »

I saw a short montage of scenes from the show on Playbill.com

George

« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2019, 11:15:35 PM »

The one line that I'm going to miss from the movie can't be in the show because in the movie, "Dorothy Michaels" becomes an actress in a soap opera on TV, and in the musical, she becomes a Broadway star. 

George

« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2019, 11:15:45 PM »

My favorite line is the cameraman's:

Rita: I'd like to make her look a little more attractive, how far can you pull back?
Cameraman: How do you feel about Cleveland?

:))

George

« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2019, 11:25:45 PM »

And now, since we're so close...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up