News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: R&R  (Read 17885 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:R&R
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2006, 07:09:01 PM »

Quiet as a mouse...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2006, 07:10:06 PM »

Betsy Palmer was a great Nellie Forbush!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2006, 07:11:42 PM »

Is this a slow news day at HHW?  Everyone must be resting up for tomorrow evening.

DRJENNIFER I am hoping to tape the PBS PIAZZA......if I can do it, DRTOMovOZ of course you will be getting a copy.  IF another HHW is however placing it on DISK, that might be more convenient for you.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2006, 07:12:50 PM »

Hello DRDAKOTACELT!

I hope DRJOSE takes plenty of pictures before/at/after the Tony Awards.  We need PHOTOS!!!!

After reading the notes, of course I want to watch THE OMEN on DVD....I have the 4-disk set......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2006, 07:13:20 PM »

MORE work tomorrow....whew!  But I should be home by 6:30 pm....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2006, 07:14:48 PM »

I did spy this mouse on my desk though...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2006, 07:18:22 PM »

Perhaps the cat got hte mouse...

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2006, 07:27:50 PM »

We are watching Lawrence Welk here.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2006, 07:29:12 PM »

When is Light in the Piazza on?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2006, 07:30:28 PM »

Hello Jrand... I hope Jose does too..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2006, 07:31:46 PM »

I remember when my grandparents would watch. I have watched a little of it here and there. it is broadcasted on the local public telly.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2006, 07:32:22 PM »

Maybe it was DR Laura's kitty that got the mouse? :)

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2006, 07:34:26 PM »

Maybe it was DR Laura's kitty that got the mouse? :)

I'm not sure what he'd do with a real mouse!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2006, 07:47:19 PM »

LOL Laura... A cat I used to have at one time loved to try and take my computer mouse... Crazy cat... I had to hide it from her.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2006, 07:51:27 PM »

DR Sandra is coveting the Lawrence Welk dancers' flapper dresses.

MBarnum

« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2006, 08:01:33 PM »

Are you still coming to Ashland in July?

Yes! The last weekend in July.

MBarnum

« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2006, 08:12:24 PM »

Since I discovered that I have a Kevin Spirtas movie (Green Plaid Shirt), and since I really know nothing about this actor other then he has worked with BK recently, I think I will watch it tonight so I can be a bit more in the know!

I imagine if BK thinks he is talented he must be and I will soon find out for myself.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2006, 08:33:51 PM »

Just back home from the movie night at my friend's house. We watched CAPOTE. I, of course, have seen it multiple times, but neither he nor his wife had seen it and really wanted to, and since it IS such a wonderful film, I didn't mind watching it again. They really liked it, too.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2006, 08:35:41 PM »

OPA!  I just got back from the Greek Festival. I was there about 5 hours (OMG) anyway, great food, great ouzo and this clear stuff in a sprite bottle that someone brought back from Greece....I think it was homemade there. WHOOO! I called it rocket fuel. I didn't drink much of that. I did buy a nice herb garden in the silent auction with herbs already in really good shape.  It really was a blast

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2006, 08:36:28 PM »

After that went off, we watched a new episode of THE EVIDENCE in high definition which I didn't even realize was on tonight. I guess ABC is going to burn them off on Saturday nights. Anyway, it dealt with the murder of a poor Chinese businessman. Both John and I identified the identiy of the killer before it was revealed, but I still enjoyed the episode. I'm sorry this show didn't make ABC's schedule for next season.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2006, 08:37:49 PM »

It's only 55 degrees out, so they had a fire at the festival to keep warm. I smell like a campfire. I must go take a bath and get clean.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2006, 08:39:22 PM »

When I get the local TV supplement in the newspaper tomorrow, I will see if any of the local PBS stations are carrying LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA. Strange as it may seem, the local PBS stations here (all 3 of them) often don't show certain PBS programming. For example, BROADWAY'S LOST TREASURES III was never shown on two of the three stations, and the other station showed it only once.

I'd say I will definitely be making a copy of the show, but I can't be sure we're even going to GET the show, so I will hold off making any promises until tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2006, 09:18:24 PM »

Off to bed now.

Good night!

FJL

« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2006, 09:40:54 PM »

TCB - Is there any schedule you've found online showing which performances of Phantom in Vegas will feature Brent Barrett and which will feature Anthony Crivello?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2006, 10:19:22 PM »

Okay, all ye errant and truant, this will NOT DO!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2006, 10:20:03 PM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!  Good Evening!

Well...  Here's the short version of the past 36 hours or so...

-Checked my lottery tickets from Thursday night.  Turned out I matched 4 out the 5 numbers in the Take Give game.  :D  So...

-Since a tux rental was going to run my around $120, I decided to go ahead and buy one.  Macy's was having a crazy good sale, and I ended up getting a nice basic tux for only $149.00.  Not bad at all.

-I went to Brian Stokes Mitchell's CD signing at the Virgin Megastore at Time Square.  I got my CD signed, and Stokes was taking his time chatting with everyone.  It was nice catching up with him.  I can't believe his "baby son", Ellington, is already two and a half years old!  -Neither can he.  ;)

-Went to see "Xanadu" with James, Jason, Rodzinski and TPunk.  Ah, the glory of the 80's!  Roller skates for everyone.

-Went to Sym's over on Park Ave earlier today...  I picked up a nice tux shirt and some other accoutrements.  And I believe James has a new favorite store.  :)

-Went to Spanky's BBQ for dinner.  Had an amazingly yummilicious dinner.  Suprisingly yummilicious.  *The S'Mores dessert was sooooo good.

-And now, I'm getting ready for bed.  I shall catch up in the morning over my morning coffee.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Vibes All Around!
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2006, 10:32:02 PM »

I would bore you all to tears with a report of my day.

MBarnum

« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2006, 10:39:09 PM »

GREEN PLAID SHIRT was pretty good. Kevin Spirtas is a very good actor and the other lead, Greg Phelan was quite good also...the movie was pretty low budget and thus the sound quality suffered making it sort of difficult to sometimes understand the dialogue. Also, sometimes I got a bit confused on what was going on (lots of flashbacks...only it wasn't always obvious that it is a flashback)..but it was fun to finally see who this Kevin Spirtas is that BK keeps talking about.

FJL

« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2006, 11:11:44 PM »

Ran into a very fine young fellow at the Talkin' Broadway party (who was also part of an impromptu after-party dinner about nine people went to) who said that he'd seen my picture somewhere on the internet.  Since a couple of friends insist I look like Deepak Chopra, I suggested that maybe he'd seen Deepak  :)  , and I couldn't imagine where he might have seen my picture, but then it turned out he had seen the pictures that I had taken with vixmom, vixter and Jose that appeared on this here site.  What are the odds of that?  I guess not that unlikely, given that a good number of theater enthusiasts read this here site, but still I found it interesting.

FJL

« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2006, 11:13:41 PM »

Will page 5 ever get here?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up