Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: IF I SEW CHEWS  (Read 15121 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:IF I SEW CHEWS
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2006, 05:22:43 PM »

And one for Mahler! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2006, 05:54:41 PM »

This is NOT Blue Moon - but she looks a lot like this!  I have been using the "browse" feature to post pics - I am going to try the insert image in the menu above and paste the url....  8)

Thanks to MBarnum I have seen your beautiful Blue Moon.  Are you sure she is a husky and not a malamute?  I LOVE both breeds.

I recently attempted posting a photo without success.

Jane

« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2006, 06:15:32 PM »

Vixmom tell the Vixter I understand.  It’s very difficult to give something enjoyable up, best never to begin which is why she shouldn’t even try one cigarette.

Jane

« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2006, 06:17:16 PM »

Woody and DerBrucer, OMG is she cute.  Of course Keith had to take a break from his computer game to see the photos.  Her feet don’t look so large, in the photo anyway.  

Jane

« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2006, 06:22:23 PM »

DakotaCelt the photos of the flooding are beautiful, hate to say so but they are.

You will often find Jewish words spelled differently, as in Matzo or Matzos.

Penny I don’t care for the dry Passover Matzos, however I eat Manischewitz Motzos almost every day of the year.

Gosh how I hate doing nothing for Passover, wish Bryan were here or we could go to him, or to L.A.  In L.A. I’m sure of two homes we would be invited to for a Seder.

Jane

« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2006, 06:23:13 PM »

I sure hate carrying on a one way conversation.

CP has the lovely wife returned home?

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2006, 06:28:54 PM »

Hi Jane are you still here?

Jane

« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2006, 06:30:15 PM »

Hi Cilla :D

How is Nilla doing today?

Jane

« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2006, 06:30:47 PM »

I see CP left.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #189 on: April 11, 2006, 06:31:49 PM »

Well the trial went very well. My client was convicted, but the jury was out A LOT longer than anyone expected.  I really had a much better case than I dreamed I would. I made the prosecutor nervous and the case agent mad. Now that's a good day.  The main problems in the case were the apartment in my client's name that was empty except for all the necesary stuff to cut methamphetamine oh yeah, and a 1/2 pound of pure meth in a bag with his fingerprints on. A hand to hand sale and testimony of trips to California to pick up dope.  But, I put up a great fight and my client wasn't too upset with the outcome.

Cillaliz

« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2006, 06:33:04 PM »

Hi Cilla :D

How is Nilla doing today?

Sleeping at the moment, I think. He's had a bit of a personality change, so quiet and docile. Maybe it's just not being in pain and recovering from the surgery. He's eating and drinking and being very loving.  He's really happy to be home

Cillaliz

« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2006, 06:34:44 PM »

Callie is trying to figure him out, I think she's beginning to realize that she can make a power grab because he's not being mean anymore. I'm waiting for a coup

Jane

« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2006, 06:35:10 PM »

Cillaliz, very interesting.  

Have you read PEACE LIKE A RIVER?  I would have enjoyed your input at my book discussion gathering this morning.

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2006, 06:36:33 PM »

No, I haven't what is it about?

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2006, 06:38:45 PM »

Just heard the Salmon story on The Weather Channel of all places.  Well a teaser for the salmon story...."You may be paying more for that salmon dinner...details coming up next"

Jane

« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2006, 06:42:08 PM »

Here is a link for the book:

http://www.gettysburg.edu/library/onebook/

Jane

« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2006, 06:43:31 PM »

DakotaCelt should like this book-it's set mainly in rural Minnesota and the Badlands of North Dakota during the early 1960's.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2006, 06:44:01 PM »

I was looking at it on Amazon. Sounds interesting.  I need to re-read To Kill a Mockingbird before all the festivities on April 22-23.  Think I'll do that this coming weekend.

Jane

« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2006, 06:47:45 PM »

While not as good, so little is, many reviewers compared it to TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD.

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2006, 06:49:49 PM »

Hmmm, I'm ordering it on Amazon. I'll let you know when I get it.  I think things may slow down enough at work for me to actually read a book. Plus I'm making trips to Philly and San Francisco in May so I'll need some good reads for the planes

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: April 11, 2006, 06:50:33 PM »

You should see the stack...I should say shelves of books I haven't read yet

Jane

« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2006, 06:56:30 PM »

I have a stack like that too.  I hope you enjoy the book.  I thought the poetic, lyrical writing was beautiful.  

I must admit when I’m on a plane I like to read thrillers, they help keep me distracted from my problems with motion sickness.

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2006, 07:02:06 PM »

When I travel, I just want something that totally captures my attention.  I love being able to read for hours (being in the middle of nowhere, it takes hours to get anywhere from here) without interruption.

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2006, 07:03:25 PM »

Think I'm going to sign off.  I'm very tired. I think a nice hot bath and going to sleep early sounds like a fabulous plan tonight.  Nice talking to you tonight, DR Jane.

Jane

« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2006, 07:07:53 PM »

That sounds lovely, think I'll sign off too.

I enjoyed the company, thanks.

'night.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2006, 07:19:16 PM »

Jane, The Lovely Wife is still in sunny California.  Of course, it is also sunny and quite warm here in Kentucky. I have the back door to the balcony open and Mosby is lolling in the moonlight last I looked.  

I'm living the bachelor life.  Dirty dishes in the sink, clothes on the floor, out to see the Lexington Legends, single A minor league ballclub, with my two of my oldest friends and theatre cronies last night.  Julieanne can't leave LA until she and BK have their Crab Louie, slathered in Thousand Island dressing, at Musso and Frank's first.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2006, 07:42:50 PM »

DakotaCelt the photos of the flooding are beautiful, hate to say so but they are.

You will often find Jewish words spelled differently, as in Matzo or Matzos.

Penny I don’t care for the dry Passover Matzos, however I eat Manischewitz Motzos almost every day of the year.

Gosh how I hate doing nothing for Passover, wish Bryan were here or we could go to him, or to L.A.  In L.A. I’m sure of two homes we would be invited to for a Seder.

In a way I do agree with you Jane about the pictures. They are amazingly beautiful in one respect
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2006, 07:44:01 PM »

Cillaliz, very interesting.  

Have you read PEACE LIKE A RIVER?  I would have enjoyed your input at my book discussion gathering this morning.

Yes, I have read that by Leif Enger and I have even met him. I work with his sister in law
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2006, 07:45:47 PM »

Callie is trying to figure him out, I think she's beginning to realize that she can make a power grab because he's not being mean anymore. I'm waiting for a coup

Glad to hear things are a bit better Cilla...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2006, 07:46:39 PM »

DakotaCelt should like this book-it's set mainly in rural Minnesota and the Badlands of North Dakota during the early 1960's.  

Yes, I have read it. I know Leif Enger
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up