Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I LOVE LUCIDITY  (Read 34709 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:I LOVE LUCIDITY
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2007, 11:24:26 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page FOUR Dance!![/move]

The Electric Slide ;D

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 11:26:18 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2007, 11:26:46 AM »

OK, folks, I'm about to make my way over to the funeral home.  In perfect conditions, it's only about a 10-minute drive.  Today - who knows?

Bye for now.
Please give Larry a big hug from me
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2007, 11:29:56 AM »

The Marvelous Matt (painter/handyman/restorer) just left.

Can I have Marvelous Matt when you're done with him? ;D
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2007, 11:32:31 AM »

Is he cute??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2007, 11:33:44 AM »

Is he cute?? ;)

I'm sure the sheetrock he works with is well-hung.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2007, 11:37:28 AM »

I'm sure the sheetrock he works with is well-hung.

:o

Good enough for me! :D

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2007, 11:39:43 AM »

Please give Larry a big hug from me

I did, DR Vixmom, and was proud to represent HHW.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2007, 11:40:03 AM »

Well just a few minutes ago I finished reading Teen Idol by Meg Cabot, the Vixter read it last week and asked me to red it so we could discuss it... we do that a lot.....last night I read A Day with a Perfect Stranger by David Gregory and on Thursday night I read Dinner with a Perfect Stranger by the same author, Wednesday I finished Mary, Called Magdalene by Margaret George, last week I read The Autobiography of Henry VIII also by Margaret George  and in January I read The Constant Princess,   The Other Boleyn Girl , and The Boleyn Inheritance all written by Philippa Gregory... in between I have been dipping into Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris reading a chapter here and a chapter there...

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 11:42:34 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »

I did, DR Vixmom, and was proud to represent HHW.

Thanks!  Did the McBeths behave?

vixmom

« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2007, 11:41:51 AM »

and me next?  For some reason nothing ever seems to get done around here......

vixmom

« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2007, 11:43:44 AM »

oh yeah... been reading....

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2007, 11:44:29 AM »

TOD - yesterday I finished 2 books:

Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger, which I read with my ears

Mozart's Women by Jane Glover, which I read with my eyes

Now I have to catch up on my C. S. Lewis reading - I'm behind the syllabus for the once-a-week course that's being offered at Nashotah House
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2007, 11:48:32 AM »

Thanks!  Did the McBeths behave?

After giving Larry a hug and paying my respects, I just sat quietly toward the back.  And I didn't go on to the cemetery.  DR Elmore will have to give us the "inside scoop."

But, like I said, it was quite sweet and seemed very civilized.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 12:06:04 PM by Ginny »

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2007, 12:00:46 PM »

Off to make fruit salsa for the Tres Leches Cake

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2007, 12:01:14 PM »

Maybe the MacBeths will turn out to be slinkey people at the grave.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2007, 12:01:39 PM »

Time to head to work.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2007, 12:11:03 PM »

The last book I finished was "The Glass Castle" which was awesome.  ...

DR Matthew - The Glass Castle is the Dayton area's Big Read 2007 selection and the author will be here the weekend of March 30-31.  I read it last month for my book group and one of my co-workers said, "Don't you just want to smack those parents up the side of the head?"  After I repeated that to my group, we went around and each of us had a different "smack 'em" moment.  When I told the Big Read discussion leader trainers about that, they decided to make "At what point did you want to smack the parents up the side of the head?" one of the official discussion questions.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 12:12:07 PM by Ginny »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2007, 12:23:35 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I continue to sit here like so much fish.  But ain't that what Saturdays are for?  Huh?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2007, 12:26:47 PM »

Oh... FreshDirect did make a delivery about an hour ago for one my roommates.  Who's not here today.  So... She called to apologize for forgetting that her groceries were coming today, and she said to go ahead and leave the boxes outside so they would stay cold until she got home.  Well, since it didn't seem like she had ordered that much, I went ahead and started putting away some of the perishables... At least until the fridge was filled.  And there's still a full box of stuff to go - which is sitting just outside the back door.

-Guess I'm not going to make a grocery run today... since there's no more room in the fridge.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2007, 12:27:33 PM »

DR Matthew - The Glass Castle is the Dayton area's Big Read 2007 selection and the author will be here the weekend of March 30-31.  I read it last month for my book group and one of my co-workers said, "Don't you just want to smack those parents up the side of the head?"  After I repeated that to my group, we went around and each of us had a different "smack 'em" moment.  When I told the Big Read discussion leader trainers about that, they decided to make "At what point did you want to smack the parents up the side of the head?" one of the official discussion questions.

DR Ginny - LOL   I thnk that's how most people feel when reading this book.  I found myself loving the parents and hating the parents with each page turn.  ESPECIALLY toward the end when that little "secret" is revealed about a certain oil field.  I'm all for "family" and such, but there is a limit!!!  (that was a smack moment!)  It's an amazing story, though.

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2007, 12:30:08 PM »

This was taken from our living room window this morning.  Don't you think if you'd left something this big somewhere on Tuesday morning you'd miss it before Saturday?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2007, 12:30:15 PM »

Like DR Cillaliz, my cleaning jags come and go in waves.  And, frankly, I feel a wave coming on - either tonight or tomorrow.  Although, since I'm known for my nocturnal organizing and cleaning binges, I'm suspecting that I may be  up late tonight emptying the contents of various boxes.

However, in the meantime, I believe I shall start on the big(!) box of kitchen stuff that's been sitting by the dining room table.  -And, hopefully, that will lead to another box.. and another box... and so on.. and so on... and so on...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2007, 12:32:19 PM »

While I'm posting pictures, here are a few from my workplace.  This is the display unit I'm responsible for this month.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2007, 12:32:50 PM »

This was taken from our living room window this morning.  Don't you think if you'd left something this big somewhere on Tuesday morning you'd miss it before Saturday?

DR Ginny - Well.. Do you have a big rock or a brick?  Or how about pocket knife?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2007, 12:33:57 PM »

And here's a close-up.  See how I've put a heart sticker on each book?  Well, I discovered this week that those stickers sure went on a lot more easily than they come off  :P

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2007, 12:34:12 PM »

Off to make fruit salsa for the Tres Leches Cake

Fruit salsa with Tres Leches Cake?  Hmm... Sounds a bit "healthy" to me.  I'd opt for a generous drizzle of dulce de leche instead.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2007, 12:35:21 PM »

And here's a close-up.  See how I've put a heart sticker on each book?  Well, I discovered this week that those stickers sure went on a lot more easily than they come off  :P

Maybe later on, you could come up with a Library Scavenger Hunt of sorts, and have people find the books with the heart stickers on them.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2007, 12:36:18 PM »

OK... Time to unpack my KitchenAid kitchen...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2007, 12:36:53 PM »

And here's the area of the library that I'm responsible for all the time.  See the chair in the lower left-hand corner?  It's occupied all day, every day by the same homeless guy, who gets very indignent when I'm there working with patrons or when other people sit in any of the other 3 chairs at that same table.  I took this before the library opened.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2007, 12:36:58 PM »

Yes, EDI, of course you may. Last week I told him that everyone should have a Matt!

If I could just figure out how to clone him...he really can do almost anything. today I jokingly asked if he can fix clothes dryers--I've been putting off calling the repairman for ages. Matt said, "What's wrong?" He thinks the lint, which of course goes everywhere, had jammed up the works. We'll give it a cleaning and then see if I'm still having the problem (things take much longer to dry).

I just wish I'd found him sooner. If you only knew how the problems I've had with contractors!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up