Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I LOVE LUCIDITY  (Read 34675 times)

Ginny

Re:I LOVE LUCIDITY
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2007, 12:38:21 PM »

Maybe later on, you could come up with a Library Scavenger Hunt of sorts, and have people find the books with the heart stickers on them.

Oooo, I like that idea!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2007, 12:39:31 PM »

Is he cute??

;)

Oh, I guess I didn't get Edi's joke. George, you'd have to decide for yourself. He's nice-looking, dark hair, early 40's--and married.

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2007, 12:39:52 PM »

Finally, here's my cubicle.  This was taken before the installation of my new flat-screen monitor, but notice what's on the screen  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2007, 12:40:48 PM »

I can't believe I'm out of sugar!!!  I had just enough to make the icing for the cake but I over cooked the sugar/water while separating the eggs.  So, I have no more sugar.  The DP should be on his way home soon, I sent a txt message saying we need sugar.  I'll need more for the salsa which is now on hold.

DR Jose re: fruit salsa vs. dulce de leche sauce - I've never had it that way, always with fruit.  I've always thought this cake was light and the sauce would probably  take it from light to "not quite" heavy.  It calls for a fruit garnish (papaya and mango) but I opted for the salsa. (strawberries, mango, pinapple, fresh lemon and lime juice and a little simple syrup - DP says to add mint, I'm not a fan)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2007, 12:41:20 PM »

and me next?  For some reason nothing ever seems to get done around here......

Of course.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2007, 12:45:29 PM »

This was taken from our living room window this morning.  Don't you think if you'd left something this big somewhere on Tuesday morning you'd miss it before Saturday?

Some people are VERY absent-minded. :)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2007, 12:54:24 PM »

This was taken from our living room window this morning.  Don't you think if you'd left something this big somewhere on Tuesday morning you'd miss it before Saturday?

OH!!  THAT'S where Ileft my van!!! I'll be right over
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2007, 01:00:50 PM »

LOL, DRs Jeanne and Vixmom!

Vixmom, be sure to stop in and say HI (and have some hot chocolate) before you drive away.

vixmom

« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2007, 01:01:35 PM »

where can I get the Vixter a sailor style Japanese schoolgirl costume that will not make her look like she's working the street corner?  She wants to dress as her favorite manga character for our visit to  ICON this March

I have been searching the internet  as I am not handy with a needle and most of what I am coming up with is NOT what my 13 going on 14 year old will be wearing while I draw breath

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2007, 01:04:38 PM »

If you only knew how the problems I've had with contractors!!

Which is why we haven't hired any. Which is why we're proceeding at a snail's pace and haven't moved!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2007, 01:07:44 PM »

Oh, I guess I didn't get Edi's joke. George, you'd have to decide for yourself. He's nice-looking, dark hair, early 40's--and married.

No...I wasn't joking! I need someone to hang sheetrock in our entryway.

I need a mudman
To fix up my wall
To repair the ceiling
And patch up the hall!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2007, 01:10:56 PM »

elmore, was it Mr. Gardner you spoke to?

No, I'd mentioned it to George de Marco, who produced The Singing Nun, and, of course, to Steven Jones.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2007, 01:14:40 PM »

Hi Elmore!! How are you doing?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2007, 01:17:51 PM »

John Kerr?  THE John Kerr?
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2007, 01:27:31 PM »

John Kerr?  THE John Kerr?
[/b]

Is there ANY other??

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 01:27:42 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2007, 01:31:19 PM »

Howdy, everyone!  It was a nice surprise to see our DR Ginny at the funeral home.  She looked great and represented HHW splendidy.  A lot of wonderful friends and family, including cousins I had not seen in over 20 years showed up.  My best friend from grade school came and was introduced to the wife (DR Ginny) of my best friend from junior high and high school.  The Macbeths were very well-behaved, although neither of Macbeth's evil daughters showed up.  The pallbearers were my nephews Cory, Matt, and Tim, Matt's friend Ryan, and two employees of the family business, one of them, Damian, a son of one of my dad's best friends.

I thought the service was tasteful and not too long, although my dad's beloved bluegrass music goes a long way fro me with some of its very raw tones and pitches.  The minister, whom we met on Thursday, did his homework and I liked him a lot.

After the service, we followed the hearse through the snow to the cemetary, where the minister said a brief blessing in the chapel after the American Legion Color Guard fired a salute and played taps.  My brothers and only a few friends followed the coffin on to the gravesite, and I must say it was beautiful and very Charles Dickens: mourners in black, colorful flowers, and everything covered in thick falling snow.  My brothers, I, Cory, Damian, the pallbearer whose name I didn't get, and the cemetary workers carried the coffin to the grave from a gurney that carried it from the hearse.  I watched it lowered into the ground and we all returned to our cars.  All in all, it was a very gothic and romantic burial.

I'm sorry I didn't get to spend more time with our DR Ginny.  I wanted to learn how she liked the Mozart book and what her book group thought of it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2007, 01:34:10 PM »

((((LARRY)))))

I am glad the funeral went well... I have been thinking of you all day

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2007, 01:36:42 PM »

I'm sorry I didn't get to spend more time with our DR Ginny.  I wanted to learn how she liked the Mozart book and what her book group thought of it.

Well, DR Elmore, I'm off tomorrow and Monday, so c'mon over anytime.  Still have some German chocolate cake and Vienna Dream Bars leftover from book group (only 3 hearty souls ventured out Thursday night).

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2007, 01:40:06 PM »

The last two books I read were both cozy mysteries, totally devoid of depth or weight; but just what the doctor ordered after a day of Children's Protective Services.  One was called PRESSED TO KILL, part of a series by Dolores Johnson that involves a murder-solving dry cleaner.  

The other book, and by far the disappointment of the two was Lillian Jackson Braun's latest "cat book", THE CAT WHO HAD 60 WHISKERS.  I have read every one of Ms. Braun's THE CAT WHO.... books, but this one was not very entertaining.  I realize the author is ninety-some years old; but maybe it is time she hire a ghostwriter (or, perhaps, fire the current one).
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2007, 01:40:16 PM »

Well, DR Elmore, I'm off tomorrow and Monday, so c'mon over anytime.  Still have some German chocolate cake and Vienna Dream Bars leftover from book group (only 3 hearty souls ventured out Thursday night).

Well, if I can, you know I will!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2007, 01:42:10 PM »

My love and prayers to DR Elmore on this very difficult day.  Now the healing can begin.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2007, 01:51:14 PM »

DR TCB - My DH has been listening to the Cat Who mysteries and I sort of got caught up in one while riding in his car not long ago.

Also, have you read The Glass Castle?  I'd be interested in your professional perspectives.  In fact, for the March brownbag lunch that I put on for nonprofit folks at the library, we're going to discuss the nonprofit implications in the book.  March 14, 11:45am-1pm EST, bring your lunch, we'll provide beverages and dessert!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2007, 02:05:03 PM »

DR TCB - My DH has been listening to the Cat Who mysteries and I sort of got caught up in one while riding in his car not long ago.

Also, have you read The Glass Castle?  I'd be interested in your professional perspectives.  In fact, for the March brownbag lunch that I put on for nonprofit folks at the library, we're going to discuss the nonprofit implications in the book.  March 14, 11:45am-1pm EST, bring your lunch, we'll provide beverages and dessert!

No, I haven't read it yet.  It is probably something I would rather read while recovering from my next major surgery or while on the deck of a cruise ship.  More and more my nocturnal reading is limited to more mindless entertainment reading.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2007, 02:12:44 PM »

No, I haven't read it yet.  It is probably something I would rather read while recovering from my next major surgery or while on the deck of a cruise ship.  More and more my nocturnal reading is limited to more mindless entertainment reading.

Given your line of work, I'd say you should be paid to read it!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2007, 02:15:40 PM »

This is the first warm and sunny Saturday of our impending Spring; and, as such, the traffic is backed up all the way from Point Defiance Park, past my house, and up the hill.  I consider this a better barometer for the changing seasons than the ground hog.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »

Matthew-My next book to read is "The Glass Castle"

Tomovoz

« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2007, 02:17:29 PM »

Last night DP Colin and I watched "Annie Get Your Gun. Neither of us had seen the movie since we were children (NO! Not in our thirties).  It was a pleasant nostalgic voyage.  My favourite Colonel Buffalo Bill lives in Tacoma (in hiding from the Nazis).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2007, 02:21:17 PM »

I've read very little these last few months. My next book to read will quite likely be "diary of a mad playwright".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2007, 02:25:44 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... Three boxes of kitchen wares are unpacked... And there's about two or three more to go... :-\

-I've already set aside a bunch of stuff for e-Bay/craigslist/apartment sale/etc.  -Why, oh why did I buy those popsicle mold kits from Williams-Sonoma?!?!  -Well, they were on sale for $2.00!, That's Why!  And while unpacking and unwrapping, there were a few items that I truly had forgotten about.  Out of sight, out of mind - how true, how true.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2007, 02:27:23 PM »

Back from the Courts show - although it wasn't that crowded at the beginning, it got very crowded around noon and remained so until I left.  Same folks in attendance (I noticed Diane Ladd today) - the June Kenney was June Kenny of the Little Rascals.  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up