Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MELLOW YELLOW II  (Read 43325 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:MELLOW YELLOW II
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 07:00:04 AM »

Hmm...

I just got this announcement from The Virgin Megastore's E-mail List..

Hey Jose!

Just wanted you to be the first to know about our
fantastic MUSIC MEGASALE, beginning on
Wednesday, September 17th at the Union Square Megastore! All CDs in Jazz, Vocals, Blues, Country,
World, Dance and Classical departments will be 35% off
the regular sticker price!! This offer is for a limited time,
so come in soon for the best selection, only at the
Union Square Megastore on 14th and Broadway!

See you soon!

Robin + Rachel
Your V.I.P. Team Members

Hmm.... I wonder if this is some sort of early stock reduction - not the kind that DR SWW would do - in preparation for the closing of the store?  In any case...  Since I'm working just a couple of blocks away from there today... Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 07:00:16 AM »

*I know that makes absolutely no sense

It's a good thing you're pretty!     ;)

singdaw

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 07:01:57 AM »

the nearby Boston Stoker

I guess that shows where MY mind is!!  It inserted an "r" into that second word...   :P

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 07:02:16 AM »

OK - Time for me to mosey back on down to Chelsea...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 07:02:35 AM »

Hmm... Sounds like you're already experiencing that whole last-year-in-high-school syndrome: Senior Slump.  ;)

Kind of, DR Jose, but December 19 (my proposed last day here) will be here before we know it.  I think I should take advantage of these "down" days so I don't have to clear out frantically at the last minute.

In any case...

Do you have any further idea of when your power will be restored?  And do you have to have your lunch out of the vending machines again today?

No, thank goodness.  DH Richard went shopping yesterday and Rob and Mary Linda requested pizza for dinner last night, so I have leftover pizza (with chicken and green peppers) and a fresh gala apple.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 07:05:16 AM »

And the word of the day is: EMPTOR!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  SOUNDS WHILE SELLING

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 07:15:27 AM »

Wonder if I should start clearing out files and such in preparation for retirement?

Such a nice thought :D

Jane

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 07:20:39 AM »

DR Matt H, I think you picked a good time to drop HOUSE from your shows to watch.  We were very disappointed last night, and kept making groaning "stupid", "too obnoxious".  The last quarter of the show was better.  

Jane

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 07:23:38 AM »

EUREKA, which we watched before HOUSE was fun.  During the show we were watching a lightning storm through our windows, just to the side of the tv.

POSSIBLE SPOILER:

What a fantastic combination, the bright exploding sun on the tv, & huge bursts of lighting in our sky.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 07:30:14 AM »

It was a very interesting walk. I had forgotten to mention last night that they were clearing the street in front of my apartment to film something today. S, when I went out this morning, I learned it was a LAW & ORDER episode, and they must be shooting all over the Upper West Side today: there were trailers on Broadway between 82nd and 80th Streets. There were grips and a lot of extras, some in t-shirts saying something like "moondog motorcycles." And there were a lot of bicycles parked in front of the rectory for Holy Trinity Church, which is directly across the street from me.

So I walked down to 72nd, and in front of the subway station I discovered two lesbians making out frantically as if they were about to begin further intimate activities immediately. On my way back uptown, I passed a gay coupe, one of whom was wearing long ornate earrings and appeared to be in semi-drag. I stopped in Fairway and bought myself some watercress and mushrooms and got back to the apartment to see a bit of the shoot at the church: I believe it's a funeral and people in black were filing out of the church. That was it. I didn't want to be in the way.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2008, 07:32:11 AM »

Good morning!

Still overcast with rain threatening; don't know if we'll get any or not. But the cool temps remain, and that's all I care about. Miraculously, with the rain we've gotten this month, we've entire erased the 4+ inches below normal defecit for the year and are now an inch above normal for the year. (Of course, we're still in drought conditions; we were 12 inches below normal in 2007.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2008, 07:36:31 AM »

DR Matt H, I think you picked a good time to drop HOUSE from your shows to watch.  We were very disappointed last night, and kept making groaning "stupid", "too obnoxious".  The last quarter of the show was better.  

I have been reading spoilers for the upcoming episodes of the season (though about the first third of the season), and I hadn't liked what I was reading, so I figured this was as good as place as any to stop.

Of course, I can always revisit these episodes since HOUSE seems to be one of the few shows Fox will rerun during the season.

I have to say, when I went to watch FRINGE off the DVR last night, HOUSE had spilled over for a minute or so, so I saw it and the previews, and I thought to myself that I was glad not to be embroiled in all of this angst right now.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2008, 07:37:57 AM »

I'll be starting on WILL & GRACE 8 today. Half hour shows are always much quicker to get through than hour drama series, so I'm hoping to get deep within the final season by the end of the evening today. (I will take time to watch BONES on the DVR so I can speed through commercials.)

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2008, 07:38:22 AM »

On TV Tonight:

BONES

PROJECT RUNWAY

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2008, 07:40:32 AM »

I'll be watching last night's THE SHIELD as I cook and eat lunch. That will catch me up with DVR TV shows. Sunday's MAD MEN is in the HD On Demand section, but I'm not sure I will get to it until the weekend. We'll see how fast I can fly through WILL & GRACE.

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2008, 07:40:48 AM »

I guess that shows where MY mind is!!  It inserted an "r" into that second word...   :P

:o
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2008, 07:42:21 AM »

Such a nice thought :D

It is a nice thought, DR Jane.  Also, I learned yesterday that my best friend from grad school is on her way to Ashland for the Shakespeare Festival.  That puts 2 of my favorite people in the same town for a few days!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2008, 07:42:30 AM »

We finished THE FALL on Blu-Ray last night.  Not at all what I was expecting, and I at least am not quite sure how I feel about the film as a whole (Betsy loved it), but I hereby make a prediction that the little girl will get an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress and could very well win.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

singdaw

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2008, 07:57:55 AM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2008, 08:03:09 AM »

Greetings from Chelsea Studios!

...And as I was walking by the Chelsea Television Studios complex on the way here, not only was "Martha Stewart" taping, but Tyra Banks was having a "family reunion" of Cycle 10 of "America's Next Top Model". Let's just say there was lots of craziness on the sidewalks. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2008, 08:04:31 AM »

OK - Time to work...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2008, 08:15:16 AM »

I'm going to head down a bit earlier than usual to check the mail, get started on lunch, and begin the viewing for the afternoon.

WBBL.

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2008, 08:52:47 AM »

I also could not get onto the site this morning.

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2008, 08:54:13 AM »

re: the cliffhanger of CRIMINAL MINDS.

I didn't really watch the show during the season. but happened to catch the finale. I loved it. I love cliffhangers. But i thought the whole show was really well done.

Jennifer

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2008, 08:56:37 AM »

re: last night's BIG BROTHER FINALE

I am very anxious to read what DRs RonP and MBarnum thought of last night's show.

dfjafjd ufdoisa ufdkljdafldusoiduaf uaopfuodsaufodsufopasufop klj;
dfjalfj oidsapfu oidaufdsafjdsaufoipdsa uf odisauflkjlkjlk;fjdas
I loved it. Loved it. Loved it! I cannot remember a more satisfying finale. And with past winners like mike boogie and evil dick (yuck and yuck) i was happy to actually like the winner. I was in total shock that jerry voted for him. And am curious to find out what that was about. But as soon as libra and april voted for dan i knew he had won. And then to top it off brian and steven criticized the people i dislike. And then keesha won the jury vote (not jerry). I was so happy! afjdl; fjdlaf jdfaufuadofuoaufodsaufaoufodsaufopas
fjlafj o ufoaudsofuoisaufosaufodsaufodsapufopusofduofuouop uo

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2008, 09:04:39 AM »

ASK BK

A restored American In Paris is being released (or has been released), so what are your favorite 3 Strip technicolor movies? Also do you buy the claim that the color & Clarity is better than it was released to the theaters? (Many of us don't remember the original releases or the reissues)

No, I do not buy the game that color and clarity is better on a DVD than film in a theater - for any film ever.  I love the IB Tech three-strip Singin' In The Rain - I had many IB prints of the film and they were astonishingly beautiful - the DVD does not replicate the three-strip color at all - it's sharp and clean, yes, but brown - oh, that's right, it's Warners, the studio that refuses to look at their Technicolor reference prints because they're just too smart.  Right.  

MBarnum

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2008, 09:05:42 AM »

Who are the actors in that photo, DR MBarnum??

That would be Mr. Van Williams and Ms. Diane McBain, both are stars of the tv show SURFSIDE 6.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2008, 09:08:17 AM »

Well, BK, I know the Karen Morrow event (and i really love her) is coming up on the 27th (too soon for me to be there).  What are the dates and locations of your other various projects (that is, beyond a few weeks from now)?  When and where is the Bacharach benefit?  I know I could look it up in previous notes, but it's easier to ask you.  Now that there is progress with my foot) no money anymore, but I can walk, the idea of possibly rejoining the world is becoming more of a reality.

After Karen, the next LACCTAA event is on October 11th - a panel of LACC theater grads who've managed to stay in the business since leaving the school.  Good folks on the panel.  Prior to that, on October 4th is my book signing/reading for Murder At The Grove at Mystery and Imagination is Glendale.  The Kevin and Sean show and taping is October 27.  And the Bacharach thing is December 1 in NY at New World Stages.

MBarnum

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2008, 09:09:51 AM »

We finished THE FALL on Blu-Ray last night.  Not at all what I was expecting, and I at least am not quite sure how I feel about the film as a whole (Betsy loved it), but I hereby make a prediction that the little girl will get an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress and could very well win.

I agree JMK, that little girl was absolutely fantastic! The highlight of the film.

MBarnum

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2008, 09:12:59 AM »

BB10....

I was alos completely pleased with last nights show...what a fun season this was...one of the best in a long time! It was fun to see Michelle and April put on the spot! LOL! I was not expecting Keesha to win that extra prize, but I am glad that she did!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up