Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MELLOW YELLOW II  (Read 43425 times)

Ben

Re:MELLOW YELLOW II
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2008, 10:49:07 AM »

Mack and Mabel

Parade

Blues in the Night

Ben

« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2008, 10:49:29 AM »

It's not very good but I do like How Now Dow Jones

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2008, 10:54:48 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Just coming to the end of our lunch break. So far, so good (again) today. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2008, 10:58:56 AM »

"Wouldn't you just DIE without Mahler?"

-- "Educating Rita"
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2008, 10:59:28 AM »

bk - I wasn't trying to portray you as a heartless, old coot. I was merely asking you a question. And I really wasn't trying to gain sympathy for the people left without work whenever a show closes. So...

If you were producing a show (that you did not write), just how subjective and objective would you be if you had to make the decision to post a Closing Notice. -But I guess you've already answered that question (too).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2008, 11:00:21 AM »

DR Ben - We'll compare notes later. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2008, 11:12:21 AM »

Big Brother 10

SPOILERS

Djfkdjf jfjk ;lj ;lkj; jfajhga;oifaqlkjfjk alkjfl;akjf;l ka ;lajkf;l kjasdf;aoi t a;a ;d h ;  lkja  flkja s dfjk laes ;lk rj  ; l a kg; lk j  g ;la kj d ;lakkjfjkdfkj  fjf;lkajdf;ljdjjf kjf I'm glad it's over.  I've been kinda bored with it the past three weeks.  I'm stunned that Memphis took the "fall guy" role and got no votes.  That tells me that Dan totally snowed everyone since Dan manipulated people much more than Memphis could...and included Memphis in his machinations.  Still, the right player won.  I was not pleased to learn that Jerry came in second to Keesha for "favorite juror" prize money.  I voted for Renny and figured it would be between Renny and Keesha.  Of all the players in that house, I despise Jerry the most. His questions to Dan -- and the allegation that Dan was "arrogant' -- was worthy of a huge sneer from everyone since Jerry acted more arrogant than anyone since Mike Boogie...and without having anything to be arrogant about.

Again...I'm very glad it's over.  

End SPOILERS
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 11:13:06 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2008, 11:19:07 AM »

bk - There have been "Too Many Connections" each morning this week, usually between 8:00-8:30am EST.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2008, 11:21:30 AM »

OK - Time to be "awed" some more.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2008, 11:25:08 AM »

DR Ben - We'll compare notes later. ;)

Hmmm, OK  ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »

I have been reading spoilers for the upcoming episodes of the season (though about the first third of the season), and I hadn't liked what I was reading, so I figured this was as good as place as any to stop.

It will be nice if I can suggest you give the show a try again.  If not we won't be watching much longer.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2008, 11:43:15 AM »

It is a nice thought, DR Jane.  Also, I learned yesterday that my best friend from grad school is on her way to Ashland for the Shakespeare Festival.  That puts 2 of my favorite people in the same town for a few days!

:)  Did you know what plays she is seeing?  We only saw one play this season, OUR TOWN, & were disapointed.  I had been warned, but it was what our company wanted to see.

Tell her to watch out for us walking around town with Sherlock.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 11:43:52 AM by Jane »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2008, 11:44:08 AM »

bk - I wasn't trying to portray you as a heartless, old coot. I was merely asking you a question. And I really wasn't trying to gain sympathy for the people left without work whenever a show closes. So...

If you were producing a show (that you did not write), just how subjective and objective would you be if you had to make the decision to post a Closing Notice. -But I guess you've already answered that question (too).

If the writing was on the wall, yes, I would post a closing notice.  Given the Xanadu reviews, I would certainly have kept it open for a month or two to see if they and word of mouth generated business - but with Xanadu, it didn't happen and if it were me, I would have closed it, as would David Merrick, Kermit Bloomgarden, and Feuer and Martin.  But I acknowledge it's a completely different world today and I'm must always amazed how shows like, for example, The Life can run for a year and close at a complete loss of the entire investment.  Were those investors promised a tour and a great afterlife for the show?  Probably.  Has that happened?  Absolutely not.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2008, 11:45:35 AM »

Back from the long jog.  Did something new today, which will show you what losing twenty pounds does for someone's self-esteem - I ran without a shirt.  Oh, I'm clearly still ten to fifteen pounds heavier than I want to be and it shows, but my belly is mostly gone now (close to two inches in the waist) and I look sort of normal.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2008, 11:49:01 AM »

I had a lovely hike today on Mt. Ashland.  We could see smoke rising in California, not sure where the fire is located.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2008, 11:53:08 AM »

ALLEGRO

ANYONE CAN WHISTLE

singdaw

« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2008, 11:53:10 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HHW NEWS ALERT!!!![/color][/move]

DR Tomovoz and DP Colin spotted atop the Eiffel Tower!  [you can just make them out up on the second observation deck…standing next to them is former DR François...]

Jane

« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2008, 12:13:34 PM »

HHW NEWS ALERT!!!![/color]

DR Tomovoz and DP Colin spotted atop the Eiffel Tower!  [you can just make them out up on the second observation deck…standing next to them is former DR François...]

;D

Jennifer

« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2008, 12:21:41 PM »

re: the site

I was actually reading yesterday's pages. I read page 6. But then it would not let me read anything else. This was before 9am eastern i think.

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2008, 12:24:41 PM »

re: Big brother 10

jafljdflajdfudoiafu od uoduf opu fopuafd uafd ouodsauf oiuafsupdofua; j
fkjsaf uoidsauf oidsufaoipdsaufopdsaufoipdsauofpdsal jkl; jklj oiuou po
DR RonP i agree with you that i wanted the jury prize to be between keesha and renny. But i was shocked jerry did not win. I thought it would be between him and renny, with him winning. So i was very pleased since i voted for keesha (she was my favorite other than dan). I too was surprised memphis got no votes. And i would love to know why jerry voted for dan. jkfdodsaufoda fuoidsauf oisaufoidufaopdsaufodsapfu op
fja ladfoidaufo uodasfu dosauf oidsauf oiuaf ousaoudsaoiufaopsuoipu op

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2008, 12:25:22 PM »

Just had a nice conversation with my long ago former agent Bob Gersh.  I was trying to see if I could get back in there, but sadly they're not taking any new writing clients because they can't get any work for the clients they DO have.  I totally understand that, but I was hoping they'd just sort of take me and then just do what they could.  I'm not trying to have someone actively go after writing gigs for me - I'm just trying to sell what I've got - the Brain, Nudie Musical, and the books.  So, now I'm trying to figure out where to go next.  The person I'd really like to have represent me is a guy named Doug Brodax - great guy, used to represent me in the late 80s.  I can't find any trace of him and the talent agents association only has numbers for companies, not individuals, and they don't even list individuals at the companies.  If any of our computer whizzes and search whizzes find any info on Doug, let me know.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2008, 12:26:38 PM »

I got a postcard from DR tomovoz today; he and Colin liked MARGUERITE, which closed asfter they caught it. That's all I know.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2008, 12:27:23 PM »

Ironically, Doug was at my 50th birthday breakfast bash at Du-Par's, which was thrown for me by someone I was seeing briefly at that time back in 1997.  We had a nice chat, but I wan't writing at all back then, so didn't even think to get his number or anything.  As to the person I was briefly seeing, I'm afraid I haven't seen the person since early 1998 and I'm embarrassed to say I don't even remember the name.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2008, 12:33:03 PM »

:)  Did you know what plays she is seeing?  We only saw one play this season, OUR TOWN, & were disapointed.  I had been warned, but it was what our company wanted to see.

Tell her to watch out for us walking around town with Sherlock.

Jeremy Peter Johnson is playing the lead in the Festival's COMEDY OF ERRORS! He played Clay, the studly gardiner, in FOR THE LOVE OF TIFFANY, written by friends of mine, in its Fringe Festival premiere.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2008, 12:44:07 PM »

DR elmore, does this face look familiar?

Jane

« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2008, 12:46:50 PM »

I am very, very sleepy today.  Sherlock was having major dreams last night and kept kicking me.  During one of his attacks on me Keith pulled Sherlock's legs off my face.  I'm lucky I didn't get injured.  When Sherlock wasn't kicking he was snoring.  What a dog.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2008, 12:49:04 PM »

DR elmore, does this face look familiar?

That's what I said; he's playing the lead in THE COMEDY OF ERRORS in Ashland.

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2008, 12:54:11 PM »

BK, there was a Doug Brodax living in North Hollywood as of 2003. The phone number listed for him at that time now belongs to a Javier Rodriguez.

The only other Doug Brodax I can find listed in the United States is a Doug A. Brodax, and he lives in Ohio (he is around 54 years old).

There is no Doug Brodax listed in the Social Security Death Index, so I guess that is a good sign.

MBarnum

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2008, 12:58:43 PM »

BK, it appears that your Doug Brodax did relocate to Ohio. He was a panelist, listed as Doug Brodax - Literary Agent, at the Midwest Film Makers thingy in Ohio a few years back.

He makes his home in Beachwood, Ohio now.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:00:52 PM by MBarnum »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2008, 12:59:05 PM »

BK, there was a Doug Brodax living in North Hollywood as of 2003. The phone number listed for him at that time now belongs to a Javier Rodriguez.

The only other Doug Brodax I can find listed in the United States is a Doug A. Brodax, and he lives in Ohio (he is around 54 years old).

There is no Doug Brodax listed in the Social Security Death Index, so I guess that is a good sign.

Your stalking prowess does you credit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up