Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EXPERIMENT TWO  (Read 3679 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: EXPERIMENT TWO
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2020, 12:37:11 PM »

I forgot my ice cream sandwiches.....

But I also forgot to mention.....the vodka....I got a bottle of vodka....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2020, 12:40:08 PM »

Important envelope vibes for MR BK.

Ditto!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2020, 12:41:06 PM »

Getting the contacts vibes for DR JANE.

Thanks.  If they don't come it won't be the worse thing that has happened due to COVID-19

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2020, 01:01:52 PM »

Experiment three is in the home environment and important envelope has been picked up and banking has been done (at ATM).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2020, 01:03:23 PM »

I must say that for a city where there is an edict to stay home save for essential drives, there are a LOT of cars out - I took the freeway (two stops) to the mail place - saves the red lights) and not one car was actually getting off anywhere so where are all these cars going or coming from that is essential that's not actually in their neighborhood.  Riddle me that.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2020, 01:26:18 PM »

Illinois has gone to lockdown mode.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2020, 01:35:21 PM »

One meeting to go this week
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2020, 01:45:07 PM »

I believe those doses of Lysine gel are picking up Annabelle's health.  There's been no horrific sneezing and snorting for twelve hours.  And . . . she ate breakfast.

That's wonderful!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2020, 01:46:46 PM »

I'm at work and actually working.  As far as I know, there's only one other person here and we're both fine and far away from each other.  I'll stay as long as I can, but if I have to leave when she leaves, I guess I will (she's in a much higher position of authority and can make me leave ::) ).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2020, 01:53:08 PM »

Eating some of experiment three and so far so good.

George

« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2020, 02:05:48 PM »

Gratuitous Post #100!

George

« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2020, 02:08:47 PM »

Friday morning greetings!  Apparently I forgot to log out last night.  I was awakened at 3:30 by a thunderstorm, and again at 4:45.  Eventually went back to sleep, but had some weird dreams.

I never log out.

I don't either.

I don't log out as well, and still I get accused of having left! :-\

;)

George

« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2020, 02:17:19 PM »

From my friend Michael Colby:
An airplane was about to crash, there were 4 famous passengers on board but only 3 parachutes left.
The first passenger said, "I'm LeBron James, the best NBA basketball player there is. My fans need me. I can't afford to die." So he took the first pack and left the plane.

The second passenger, Donald Trump said "Out of my way. I'm the President of the USA and I'm going to be the greatest and cleverest President in American history." So he quickly grabbed the pack next to him and jumped out of the plane.

The third passenger was the Pope and he turned to the fourth passenger, a Lubavitcher Rabbi and said, "I am old, frail and don't have many years left. As a good Catholic, I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute."

The Rabbi turned to him and said: "Thank you but it's really OK.... there are enough parachutes for both of us. America's greatest and cleverest President has just taken my Tallis bag."

:))

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2020, 02:18:29 PM »

Hello, everyone.

George

« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2020, 02:19:43 PM »

I just had my Lenox Hill Hospital call, asking if I were showing any signs of coronavirus infection, what drugs I was taking, allergies, prosthetics, etc.  They've asked me to show up at 6:00AM for 8:30 surgery.

Do you have a thermometer?

I have an electronic thermometer and when I used it early this week (just to see), it said that my temperature was 97.2°!  I thought it might be the battery, so I bought a new one and then my temp was down to 96.4°! :o I put the old battery back in and will save the new battery.

George

« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2020, 02:22:12 PM »

Hello, Jeanne!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2020, 02:23:43 PM »

My salad bar/soup bar/ sandwich bar/juice bar has closed. Indefinitely. I can't say I'm surprised, but I am truly saddened. I could buy "homemade" soups and salads, falafels, and fresh fruit and produce in small quantities. To made those myself would require not only a lot of time and effort, but there'd be a lot of waste. I shall now have to shop more at Whole Foods, which offers a considerably smaller selection and is mobbed most of the time. That's assuming they have what I need on the shelves.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2020, 02:23:57 PM »

Hi, George.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2020, 02:25:11 PM »

From my friend Michael Colby:
An airplane was about to crash, there were 4 famous passengers on board but only 3 parachutes left.
The first passenger said, "I'm LeBron James, the best NBA basketball player there is. My fans need me. I can't afford to die." So he took the first pack and left the plane.

The second passenger, Donald Trump said "Out of my way. I'm the President of the USA and I'm going to be the greatest and cleverest President in American history." So he quickly grabbed the pack next to him and jumped out of the plane.

The third passenger was the Pope and he turned to the fourth passenger, a Lubavitcher Rabbi and said, "I am old, frail and don't have many years left. As a good Catholic, I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute."

The Rabbi turned to him and said: "Thank you but it's really OK.... there are enough parachutes for both of us. America's greatest and cleverest President has just taken my Tallis bag."

I don't know what a Tallis bag is, but I stil found this quite funny.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2020, 02:26:33 PM »

I'm glad to see that Larry's surgery plans are proceeding accordingly.

Vibes for smooth sailing!

Do you know how long you'll be in the hospital?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2020, 02:28:13 PM »

Glad BK is getting the food he desires.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2020, 02:30:38 PM »

I believe those doses of Lysine gel are picking up Annabelle's health.  There's been no horrific sneezing and snorting for twelve hours.  And . . . she ate breakfast.

I'm glad Annabelle is doing better. Lysine is very effective for herpes, but I've never heard of the gel or of vets using it. It's been many years since I've had cats, though. Did the vet tell you about the gel?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:40:27 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2020, 02:37:54 PM »

There's an article in the NYTimes from a doctor, saying that officials are overdoing it while trying to protect us. He favors a more targeted approach. I agree heartily. For instance, people need to get outside. We all need fresh air. We're not putting others at risk -- or ourselves -- by doing so. We can still distance. I also think that closing medical offices is a mistake. If we knew that it would only be for two weeks, we could work around it. But no one knows that. My dentist closed his office in accord with ADA recommendations. Dental personnel are masked and gloved anyway; they're protected. In some cases these closures are putting the very population that is already at risk at even greater risk.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:41:28 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2020, 02:40:10 PM »

As for the homeless shelter, that's criminal. I know that the churches and others are following government guidelines for distancing, but the homeless are vulnerable to start with and putting them back on the street will make them even more vulnerable, and will create a greater risk for the society at large.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:48:11 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2020, 02:42:18 PM »

I can't believe we can't find better ways to deal with these problems.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2020, 02:44:12 PM »

The Louis Vuitton company announced last week that they would make hand sanitizer instead of perfume. You'd think this would be a no-brainer. There's so much demand right now for hand sanitizer.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2020, 02:46:16 PM »

I'm hoping someone will devise a way to make low-cost ventilators. 3-D printing perhaps? There's so much more we could do to create better health care. Apple's doing a lot of research in this area.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2020, 02:47:40 PM »

And that's my rant for the day. Although I reserve the right to rant further as circumstances dictate.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2020, 02:48:43 PM »

Bruce should be happy with all those posts.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2020, 02:49:06 PM »

TTFN.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up