Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: ON LOCATION  (Read 14447 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:ON LOCATION
« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2004, 10:28:13 PM »

And one for Mahler.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2004, 10:40:39 PM »

I'm back, and to prove it, I'm here.  I must eat a sandwich before I fall over, but I will say that the new song went in and worked very well and it's now here to stay.  Tammy was great - remembered all the words and also gave a helluva performance of it.  It managed to get some laughs but you could just feel immediately that it held the audience right from the start.  I'm happy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2004, 10:41:07 PM »

I'll tell more about the song in tomorrow's notes, which I shall write after my sandwich.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2004, 11:01:03 PM »

It's 11:02 and I've just caught up on all the posts (since my first one after coming home tonight) and I still haven't started my laundry.  I will...RIGHT NOW!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2004, 11:08:01 PM »

I must say that shopping is not high on my list of fun things to do. But tonight I had an excellent shopping experience at my neighborhood mall.
I walk religiously each day (in a nun's habit) so my walking shoes - good as they are - take a beating. My present pair had holes in front. So tonight I went to shop for a replacement, found a good pair AND got $10 off for joining some kind of club that allows the store to email you. (A straight Delete.)
Then, I decided to replace my wallet, which was also in sad shape. I wanted a Brighton wallet - which is what I had - but they're fairly expensive. I finally found one I liked and decided to bite the bullet and treat myself. After all, I'd have it for a year or two or longer. As she was ringing up the purchase, the sales lady said, "Oh my gosh!" She was surprised to see that it was half price - no indication on the price tag. And the Brighton store doesn't do a lot fo Sales. Probably a mistake in the computer - maybe left over from some other time - but I got it half price.
And to top it all off, I bought some See's chocolates, a marzipan piece, a bit of bridge mix and some other samples. Yummy.
As I said, a satisfying shopping experience.

Panni

« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2004, 11:11:14 PM »

Welcome IrisBeyer! Get your feet wet and post. It's easy.

George

« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2004, 11:51:03 PM »

CAUTION:  LONG POST!!...actually, I was going to post these in one long post, but I won't.  It's WAY TOO LONG for one post.

I must say that shopping is not high on my list of fun things to do. But tonight I had an excellent shopping experience at my neighborhood mall.

Love those unexpected sales!  Now that my first load of laundry is in the washer (front loading...quite quiet) let me tell you about my day of shopping (for no other reason than "because"):

After I dropped of my friend Margo and her three daughters at the airport, I drove the couple of miles from the airport to South Center...South Gate Mall...something like that (all of a sudden I can't remember the name).  Anyway, it's right off the freeway at the Renton exit.  I went to Silver Platters (they only sell CDs and DVDs...no records when they were still around and no cassettes).  On impulse (actually, everything that I did and bought today was on impulse) I bought Salaam "Bombay Dreams".  No, it's not Salaam Bombay!, the Bollywood movie, it's the "behind-the-scenes story of the spectacular musical sensation".  It was on sale for only $11.99 and since I got paid yesterday, I bought it.  And it was cheaper than on amazon.com.  I haven't watched it yet.

After that I went to Applebee's and had their Oriental chicken salad.  Quite delish!  I finished up with their White Chocolate and Walnut Blondie...I think it was formerly known as a Sizzling Caramel Blondie.  It used to be served on a very hot skillet and when you poured the sauce over it all, it caramelized, except that the last two times I'd ordered it (at different restaurants), it didn't sizzle.  I was a bit disappointed, but it did taste good...not as good as it should, but still good.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2004, 11:54:50 PM »

When that was all consumed and paid for, I headed south and stopped at Borders Books and Music.  I looked around for about 45 minutes, but the only thing that I bought there was a calendar with beautiful pictures of flower-filled Japanese gardens.  I got it as a gift exchange item for the "holiday" (formerly known as "Christmas") pot-luck at work in December.  Then I headed south again but stopped at Pepper at Ted Brown.  I looked through their theater songbooks and almost bought Avenue Q and Wicked (they will be purchased sometime in the near future) but settled on "The Songs of Charles Strouse" (it includes songs from Bojangles, Golden Boy, "Lyle the Crocodile" and two songs from Marty!).  I also bought the songbook to Sweet Smell of Success by Marvin Hamlisch and Craig Carnelia.  I don't know why.  Maybe because the piano parts don't have the melody written into them.  The arrangements look like vocal score arrangements.  I like that.

When I was there, I noticed that there are TWO different Wicked songbooks!  It turns out that they've published a "piano/vocal selections" version and a "vocal selections" version.  The difference is that the "piano/vocal selections" version has the melody written into the piano parts and the "vocal selections" version doesn't.  That's more like vocal score arrangements, also!  I've never heard of anything like that happening.  I will admit that it's a pretty cool idea, but they should make it very clear which version is which.  I will be getting the "vocal selections" version...when I get it...in the near future...whenever that will be.

George

« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2004, 11:57:21 PM »

(and finally):

When that was all purchased and packed into the car, I headed south, yet again...but again not very far.  I drove a couple more miles and came to the Lakewood Cinemas and decided (again, on impulse) to see if there was a movie that I wanted to see and starting in not too long a time.  There were several from which to choose, but I chose the remake of "The Manchurian Candidate."  I'd never seen the original (yet...I bought it not too long ago) so I had no idea what to expect.  Let me say that I was thoroughly engaged.  I really liked it.  AND the irony of seeing on the day that GWB was going to speak at the RNC was not lost on me.  Fortunately, it's not a true story.  But it was well told.  Now I really want to watch the original and see what I've been missing...and what the differences are.

When that was over, I headed south for a fourth time and realized that I was hungry again.  It's now after 6:00 p.m. and I hadn't eaten since 11:00 a.m. or so.  So I stop in Lacey (about five miles north of where I live) at a Taco Bell.  I ate food stuffs (details aren't necessary and I'm running out of time to post this) then on the freeway once more.  I was driving my friend Margo's mini-van so I dropped it off at her house, got in my car, got on the freeway for the last time then went home.  I didn't actually go home right away.  My mom was at my sister's (who lives right next door) so I went over there for a while.  I actually came home at about 10:00.

Anyway, that's been my very long day off from work.  I don't think I've posted this much in one post in quite a while...if ever at all!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 11:58:17 PM by George »

George

« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2004, 11:58:57 PM »

Whew! :o
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up