Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THIRD MOVEMENT  (Read 28544 times)

FJL

Re:THE THIRD MOVEMENT
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2007, 07:27:20 AM »

And one for Molars

FJL

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 07:28:21 AM »

But seriously, Jeanne, hope the dentist visit is pain-free

singdaw

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007, 07:47:38 AM »

DR Ben - Thanks for the USB turntable encouragement!  :)   Most appreciated.

singdaw

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2007, 07:48:23 AM »

DR George - hope your shoes show up!

I have you covered for taping the Bryant Park television extravaganza tonight.

singdaw

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2007, 07:49:46 AM »

DR td - nice holiday photos!  Also thanks for the lovely photos of DearReaderLaura DR, DR RLP, and DR elmore3003.  [I haven't seen too many adults in the "bearskin rug" pose!  ;) ]

singdaw

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »

DR TCB - condolences to you.

singdaw

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2007, 07:50:35 AM »

***TOURING VIBES*** and BREAK A LEG to DR Jason!!!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2007, 07:51:01 AM »

***FORTITUDE AND SUCCESS VIBES*** to DR Cillaliz!

singdaw

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2007, 07:51:36 AM »

bk, thanks for the interesting insight into the world of rare books, which hereforto I have known nothing about.

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2007, 08:13:02 AM »

One of my most prized books is REMEMBERING MUSCLE BEACH personally signed by the author Harold Zinkin who was Mr. America 1945.

Another is my signed copy of Cal Bolder's (aka E. C. Craver) novel THE LAST REUNION ( a very, very good mystery thriller by the way!)

In fact any of my books that are signed by the author are among my favorites and most prized as they could not be replaced, in some cases.

Otherwise, the books I enjoy having around the most are the series of WHATEVER BECAME OF.....? books. I discovered them as a kid and bought each one as it was released, up until the series stopped in the mid 1980s or whenever it was.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2007, 08:16:03 AM »

Good morning!

Warmer here today, and my heat hasn't popped on all morning. What an amazing fall we've had!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2007, 08:16:47 AM »

Author Harold Zinkin

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2007, 08:19:23 AM »

I prize lots of books in my collection, but I care nothing about their market value or worth to anyone but me.

Among the books I find myself returning to for information and fun are THE SEASON, THE WORLD OF MUSICAL COMEDY, MUSICAL THEATRE ON RECORD, and all of Ethan Mordden's Broadway decade history/commentaries.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2007, 08:19:45 AM »

Author Harold Zinkin

I don't think that's a pen in his hand!

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2007, 08:21:37 AM »

Author Harold Zinkin

That physique would stand him in great stead with the bodybuilders of today. When I look at lots of older musclemen of the 1940s and 1950s, they're just not as chisled all over or with as huge a definition as today's athletes. Not so with Harold.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2007, 08:21:45 AM »

Good morning, all.

Another day in the last week of November 2007.

Sigh.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2007, 08:23:10 AM »

I've rethought rewatching HAIRSPRAY with the Java-enhanced commentaries. That's 2 hours I could spend watching something that's stacked up here, so I'll put the commentary off for a later date and watch LIVE FREE AND DIE HARD tonight.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2007, 08:23:31 AM »

And I'm off to work.  My one day this week when I'm not scheduled for self-scan.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2007, 08:24:01 AM »

This afternoon, I'll get caught up with the TV I have on the DVR, and then watch another MURDER SHE WROTE episode from season 7 if there's time.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2007, 08:24:20 AM »

Dropping by to say hello...

Off to finish a paper for a class I have been working on the last two weeks on the three elements in the development of Latin America....

Editing and now I have to finish figuring out how to do compound citations. I know how to do endlists and citation for anthropology and history in general. But why oh why does Latin American history have to be confusing....

I prefer the method of fly-by citation and endnotes. Much easier!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2007, 08:25:03 AM »

3D, I do apologize for not sending the tape yet... My life has been a bit upside down the last two weeks. It is packaged up.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2007, 08:26:07 AM »

I, too, enjoyed "Chuck" last night. Of course, I've enjoyed every episode of "Chuck" and last night was no exception.

As for "Heroes":

SPOILER

I found the episode pretty rewarding with one exception.  I am absolutely appalled at the boring writing in the Maya-Silar sequences.  It's like these were written for 5-year-olds or something...or BY 5-year-olds.  The dialogue is SO trite and the performances are SO-O-O lugubrious that it nauseates me.  And they do go on and on and on.  I think this entire sub-arc is a misfire from the gitgo.  I just wish Silar were more interesting.  

I recorded "Journeyman" for later viewing. I was tired.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2007, 08:26:17 AM »

But seriously, Jeanne, hope the dentist visit is pain-free

Thank you, Fred. The $$$ are also a concern. And I chuckled over your molars joke.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2007, 08:27:05 AM »

NDSU history department uses Chicago Style....

I am most comfortable with Turabian and MLA. I have used APA a bit and that is not too bad either.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2007, 08:27:47 AM »

and I have to add the accent marks on all the names.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2007, 08:28:28 AM »

I prize lots of books in my collection, but I care nothing about their market value or worth to anyone but me.

Among the books I find myself returning to for information and fun are THE SEASON, THE WORLD OF MUSICAL COMEDY, MUSICAL THEATRE ON RECORD, and all of Ethan Mordden's Broadway decade history/commentaries.

Ethan Mordden, misinformation herself.  He's got a prodigious memory but that doesn't excuse his inability to check his facts.  I have signed editions of his earlier books before he crowned himself and Ken Mandelbaum high prtiests of the musical theatre around 1989 and both started snubbing old friends..

I have a couple of Stephen King first editions before they started printing the first editions in millions of copies: THE SHINING and SALEM'S LOT and many signed books and musical scores.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2007, 08:29:29 AM »

Author Harold Zinkin

Facially, he looks a bit like BK--young BK. Or am I the only one who thinks so?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2007, 08:30:10 AM »

3D, I do apologize for not sending the tape yet... My life has been a bit upside down the last two weeks. It is packaged up.

I'm sorry to read about this, DakotaCelt.  I hope things have begun to settle.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2007, 08:30:22 AM »

I can turn the beast in tomorrow.... A freind is going to look over the beast for a few things I may have missed.

HOORAY!!!!!!!!

and a question for Jose...

When you spell your name in the correct Spanish proportion, do you have a tick mark on the "e"?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2007, 08:31:36 AM »

Loved Elmore's pictures....

Wonder if the MacBEths want visitors.... I can send them some vultures.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up