Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ART OF THE ACT  (Read 9270 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE ART OF THE ACT
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2012, 03:52:38 PM »

Went out to lunch with my mother today.  She was a little out of sorts, a phenomenon that is getting more frequent the older she gets.

I'm sorry.  Vibes to you both!!

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2012, 04:07:01 PM »

Thanks, DRs Jane and JRand.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2012, 04:39:49 PM »

I thought it was Friday as I was waking up.  I was slightly distressed when I realized it was only Wednesday.

And I thought it was Sunday.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2012, 04:44:37 PM »

I shall be thinking of my ASK BK question later today.

OH - CNN was in town over the weekend to film a piece on my cousin's company Raidious......I sent him an email asking when it would air.....so I will share the info when I find out!

When you said CNN was in town, I started to ask myself who is DR CNN was and wherher or not I knew him.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:44:03 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2012, 04:50:12 PM »

Oh my.  I watched an Alfred Hitchcock Hour last night titled DEATH SCENE that featured a very very VERY handsome young James Farentino - I had forgotten how strikingly handsome he was.....and then this morning....this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57365598-10391698/actor-james-farentino-73-dies-of-heart-failure/

He gave a terrific perfromance as Peter in JESUS OF NAZARETH.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2012, 05:03:50 PM »

Last night was a night from Hell.  First of all, the gusty breezes we were expecting turned into a powerful wind storm.  And although the storm was expected to end by midnight, it continued at full force until after three this morning.

In addition to the weather, I came down with what I guess is a bout of stomach flu.  Not a fun thing to have when you can't walk, let alone run to the bathroom.  I hadn't even thought that it might be the flu until I talked to my sister this morning, and she was telling me just about everybody she knows has had this stomach virus in the last week.  Terrific.

Not only do I feel like crap, but I had to cancel my appointment with the MRSA doctor.  There was just no way I could risk driving down there and sitting around the waiting room.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:09:11 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2012, 05:05:46 PM »

This weekend is also the first Cocktail Conference here, four days of drinking and thinking of drinking and drinking again. I also have to judge a wine competition all day Saturday. Sunday, I will likely be thoroughly besotted. (And I have to play bells at church that morning.)

It sounds intoxicating!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2012, 05:11:52 PM »

Continuing DR DOUG R's post.....

Why would you bring your children to Zumba class and not let them bring a book or a DVD or something to entertain them for an hour?  They will sit for 15 minutes at the most....and then they are up and running around....   Last night we had FOUR little girls who were most irritating....but they had NOTHING to do!!!

They didn't join in in the Zumba-ing?  That could've kept them busy and tired them out.

;)

They wouldn't let poor Rudoph
Join in any Zum-ba-ing.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »

My quick replay buttons look really odd - I've got "post" and "preview" which are not centered, so I'm sure some other option has disappeared.

I wondered about that, too!  I keep wanting to click on something to the left of the post button, but there's nothing there.

I keep thinking that there was a spell check button.  But then I remembered Vixmom, so I guess we never had one.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2012, 05:15:16 PM »

Last night was a night from Hell.  First of all, the gusty breezes we were expecting turned into a powerful wind storm.  And although the storm was expected to end by midnight, but it continued at full force until after three this morning.

In addition to the weather, I came down with what I guess is a bout of stomach flu.  Not a fun thing to have when you can't walk, let alone run to the bathroom.  I hadn't even thought that it might be the flu until I talked to my sister this morning, and she was telling me justabout everybody she knows has had this stomach virus in the last week.  Terrific.

Not only do I feel like crap, but I had to cancel my appointment with the MRSA doctor.  There was just no way I could risk driving down there and sitting around the waiting room.

DR TCB, I am so sorry to hear this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Super Mega Vibes for the better health of our DR TCB! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2012, 05:15:37 PM »

Good Evening!

Is it really only Wednesday?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2012, 05:15:47 PM »

Is it still January?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »

~~~~~ANTI-RUMBLY-IN-THE-TUMMY VIBES FOR DR TCB~~~~~

*And, yes, there is something going around. I have a few friends who have come down with "it" too. It's a true stomach bug, virus. Just keep washing your hands.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »

That sounds wonderful, Larry.  Hoping a book deal materializes!

Thanks, DR FJL! I have to say that, while I could do a book on BABES IN TOYLAND, there's no way I could to a book on Herbert; I don't know his music beyond his "big shows" well enough. There are peple I would consider better qualified for an over-all assessment, but no one knows BABES IN TOYLAND better than I!

I was lucky to get to all those scrapbooks on the original production before they started crumbling to dust.

I am sure that your dating Victor didn't hurt, either.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2012, 05:39:47 PM »

Sorry about your stomach flu DR TCB. And that you had to cancel your doctor's appointment. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2012, 05:41:07 PM »

Oh my - another actor gone!

Who will be Number Three?
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2012, 05:41:10 PM »

I think I shall go watch American Idol. Did anybody else see Jim Carrey's daughter on Sunday's show? There was some stuff in the news about her not having to wait in line.  She seemed sweet and had a nice voice. But to me American Idol is not for people who already have every advantage. If she is good enough to get a record deal why can't her dad just set that up?

Jane

« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »

My quick replay buttons look really odd - I've got "post" and "preview" which are not centered, so I'm sure some other option has disappeared.

I wondered about that, too!  I keep wanting to click on something to the left of the post button, but there's nothing there.

I keep thinking that there was a spell check button.  But then I remembered Vixmom, so I guess we never had one.

therre is a spell button.  I'm looking at the red line under "there" with 2 r's.

Laura

« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2012, 05:48:39 PM »

So sorry to hear about your doctor's appointment. I hope you feel better tonight.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2012, 05:49:27 PM »

So sorry to hear about your doctor's appointment. I hope you feel better tonight.

So am I!  Feel better!!!!

KevinH

« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2012, 05:51:04 PM »

Super Health Vibes for DR TCB!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »

therre is a spell button.  I'm looking at the red line under "there" with 2 r's.

Isn't that a function of whatever browser you're using?  I never used to get the red line with IE, but I do with Chrome.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Michael

« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2012, 06:01:41 PM »

\DR ELMOORE

Are you sure he died in 1929? I looked him up in the IBDB and they have a credit for him for Parl Avenue 1946. Could it be another actor with the same name?

Yes. I am sure that William Norris died in 1929. I've seen his obituaries. Was my sentence unclear?

Charles Purcell, who was in DEAREST ENEMY, was in Park Avenue. William Norris died in 1929:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0635919/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0635919/

Sorry I misread it as Charles Purcell dying in 1929
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2012, 06:02:45 PM »

Nicol Williamson has died. I know he could be a drunken lout and a dangerous one at that, but I always enjoyed him as Sherlock in "The 7% Solution" and in "Robin and Marian."

He played Sherlock in Robin And Marian? :-)

UPDATE: JMK beat me to it!!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:04:53 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2012, 06:08:42 PM »

Isn't that a function of whatever browser you're using?  I never used to get the red line with IE, but I do with Chrome.

Maybe.  I recall a DR commenting we had spell check when we switched to this format.

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2012, 06:09:15 PM »

Vibes for DR TCB!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2012, 06:12:19 PM »

therre is no red line or spill check for mee.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2012, 06:13:12 PM »

It must be a browser-specific function, because I don't see it in IE, but I feel like there used to be something there that I'm now not seeing.  Weird. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2012, 06:24:29 PM »

I sure hope that I  can have a better night tonight.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up