Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HUNDREDS OF PHOTOS  (Read 9362 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
HUNDREDS OF PHOTOS
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:29:15 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had no photos, and now it is time for you to post until the hundreds of cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: HUNDREDS OF PHOTOS
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 12:30:59 AM »

And the word of the day is: BUSS!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 12:59:04 AM »

~~~Break Leg Vibes for BK and Cast (no pun intended ;)) for Tonight's Show!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 01:01:37 AM »

When I came home after the concert last night, I checked my mail and I received my Kickstarter "reward" for pledging to support a new production of "Man With a Load of Mischief"!  Even though the Kickstarter event is over, they're still taking donations WITH the stated "rewards"!  I pledged (and paid) $50, so I got and autographed remastered CD of the original album!  It's never been officially released on CD, so this is the only way to get it.  I also got an autographed copy of the script and an autographed Certificate of Appreciation.  All three were autographed by the composer, John Clifton. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 01:15:34 AM »

Just wanted to say that I loved all the picture from yesterday!

George

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 01:26:21 AM »

Today, the family is meeting at my parents' house and my mom is going to make pretzels!  I don't think that I've ever had home-made pretzels.  My sister had some not too long ago and said that they were delish.  My mom is also going to get some cheese sauce for dipping.  I'm sure that we'll play Scrabble at some point during all of the eating and dipping. :D

George

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 01:28:34 AM »

Today, I will not be watching or even paying attention to the big football game that's going to be happening...not even the commercials.  Not that there's anything wrong with liking football, I just happen to be someone who doesn't care for it.

George

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 01:29:35 AM »

And now, to bed. 8)

Doug R

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 02:51:58 AM »

Woke up to 4-5" of snow. Conveniently, it's a Sunday so most people don't have to struggle through it to get to work.

Doug R

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 02:57:57 AM »

Daisy checking out the snow:

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 04:40:40 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept very well, but I had a scare when I got out of bed this morning: there was blood all over my leg, and my first reaction was BED BUGS! NOT AGAIN!!  After some panic, I realized I was still bleeding which put me into another scare: HEMORRHAGE! After a panic of sorts between 6:30 and 7am, while I debated dressing and taking a taxi to St Luke-Roosevelt Hospital, I determined that a blood blister I was unaware of must have exploded. Thank God I had gauze and adhesive tape. All now seems to be good, although I am moving cautiously.

DR George, I got my copy of MAN WITH A LOAD OF MISCHIEF as well yesterday. I really love this show. I had see Alice Cannon, who plays the Maid, as Luisa in the very first production of THE FANTASTICKS I ever saw and as Polly in THREEPENNY OPERA at the Playhouse in the Park. When I moved to New York, I saw her in a fantastic production of THE CAT AND THE CANARY directed by Roderick Cook.  I remember talking to John Clifton during my Drama Book Shop days; he was a very nice man.

DR Iris, your explanation for Bravo's showing a whole evening of THE PATRIOT may be correct, but this is the second night in the past few weeks they've pulled this crap. Once every six months might be a grievous error, but two showings a night is an insult to humanity.

So, unless I bleed to death today, my plans are work on the Disc 4 notes and making a trip to midtown to pick up a score at the stage door of ANYTHING GOES. I think on the way back, I will stop at the Metropolitan Opera shop and buy a couple of the Teresa Stratas DVDs now being released singly from the large James Levine 16-disc set last year.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:50:43 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 05:23:34 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 05:30:07 AM »

Thanks, Elmore, for the note on Mahagony coming out DVD. I remember seeing that in high school and loving it. One of those mind-warping experiences for someone who had never encountered Brecht or Weill before. Can't wait to see it again. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 05:30:21 AM »

Great photo, Doug R.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 05:38:32 AM »

There's now a webpage on the show, MAN WITH A LOAD OF MISCHIEF; I've ordered the vocal score.
http://www.johnclifton.net/mischiefthemusical/

DR George, your company should look at this great show.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 05:39:29 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 05:41:13 AM »

We slept late this morning. We just finished breakfast. We went to a friend's last night and ending up going to a pizza joint near his apartment (on East 50th Street). We had very good pizza and we heard some of his memories of being in the original company of Merrily. I'm seeing the show on Wednesday. Anthony will be in tap class and I'll be merrily rolling along to City Center.

Ben

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 05:43:17 AM »

I will do everything in my power today avoid any contact with the Super Bowl. I must begin my (very simple) taxes and I'll listen to my dear friend Alex Hall on BBC Radio Tees from 12 noon to 2pm and then I'll listen to Beverley from 4pm to 6pm.

Ben

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 05:44:01 AM »

Anthony is having his taxes done by the VITA Group that operates under the auspices of Equity, AFTRA and SAG. He's going tomorrow.

Ben

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 05:44:19 AM »

And on that note, I will leave you all for a day full of whatever happens.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 05:52:04 AM »

It is all day all complete all inclusive coverage of the Super Boil today in Indianapolis. 

The Committee & especially the volunteers have done a great job.  There were 350,000 in town Friday night and Saturday night, and there was only ONE arrest.....a domestic - I'm thinking the wife wanted to go home and the husband wanted to stay and have his picture taken -

It will cost $100 - $200 to park in a garage a few blocks from the Stadium - please pay in advance.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 05:53:28 AM »

DR ELMORE - I hope you feel better.  I really liked that drawing you posted yesterday.....I am surprised some enterprising writer hasn't used that story line yet......but then again, there aren't many enterprising writers around....anymore....MANY, I said....

DR JOSE are there more auditions today?  Did anyone sing Ciriciribin?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 05:54:27 AM »

Great picture from DR GINNY yesterday.

And DR JANE I enjoy your vacation pictures a lot!!!   And the pictures of Sherlock....especially the second one where he is lying on his back is so CUTE!

DR JMK - your Dog Rules are most entertaining.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 05:54:43 AM »

Show vibes for MR BK and staff and CAST.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 05:55:12 AM »

Oh the news just reported that you can park closer to the stadium for $495.

Laura

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 06:07:20 AM »

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

KevinH

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 06:25:15 AM »

Good morning. 

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 06:31:38 AM »

And the word of the day is: BUSS!

And The Song Of The Day Is:   A KISS TO BUILD A DREAM ON

Jennifer

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 06:42:32 AM »

If licking the spoons is any indication my cheese cake is gonna be good. :)

As long as it sets properly (which i hope it does).

As DR George pointed out there is not much peanut butter (only 1/4 of a cup). I was thinking about adding more. But then decided that not everyone loves things that are super peanutbuttery.

So as long as a person is not allergic to peanuts i think everyone (even if they don't love peanut butter) should like this dessert.

Jennifer

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 06:43:46 AM »

I started making the cold pasta salad last night. Cause i wanted the dressing to have time to set. Hopefully it will be okay if i add a few things to it today (like herbs and a few vegetables). I didn't have everything i needed last night. Last night i wasn't crazy about the flavors. But this morning it tastes much better. Really different flavors once it sets.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up