Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: CLIFFS NOTES  (Read 10004 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: CLIFFS NOTES
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2012, 10:52:44 AM »

PAGE THREE DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2012, 11:10:29 AM »

Can one of you technical wizards get me to the Forum posts of November 23 and 24, 2009?  The column titles those days were Pompadours and Pageboys and Attack of the Muppet People, but I can't see an easy way to find the Forum posts.  It's a matter of some importance.  Thanks.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2012, 11:12:52 AM »

Never mind, I think I figured it out.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2012, 11:18:48 AM »

Home from Toyland! While I was there, another number from DEAREST ENEMY arrived for proofing, so I printed that out and brought it home with me.

Now I need to call the Baltimore Historical Society and see about making a date to visit.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2012, 12:02:01 PM »

I received some extremely strange swag today from anime label Funimation: a Princess Jellyfish tote bag and a Princess Jellyfish keyring.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2012, 12:04:10 PM »

Home from Toyland! While I was there, another number from DEAREST ENEMY arrived for proofing, so I printed that out and brought it home with me.

Now I need to call the Baltimore Historical Society and see about making a date to visit.

I'll refrain from saying anything about "Good Morning Baltimore"

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2012, 12:07:26 PM »

TOD:

Since I just finished reading his biography, maybe I'll watch another Robert Mitchum movie or two.

Last night I watched FAREWELL MY LOVELY, which I really enjoyed.

Druxy, did you see my post the other day about the Facebook page started by one of Corman's PR people.  They want anyone who's ever worked with/for him to join.

Yes, I did that a while back.  Thanks.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2012, 12:07:32 PM »

I don't like any body who is running for President, so I'm offering an alternative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvwcN44R61s&list=UUQ6z6vyjJFsiqL33qbiSJSQ&index=17&feature=plcp
You can dream…or you can do.

George

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2012, 12:15:41 PM »

"The Molly Maguires" and "Invasion USA / Tormented" have arrived!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2012, 12:25:58 PM »

BK, I am virtually positive I ordered MOLLY MAGUIRES.  Which means I probably didn't.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »

I had no dreams last night because it was a rather restless one.  I wonder if pistachios contain caffein?

No, but it has plenty of sugar.

Really? I did not know that, DR Jane.  Well, no wonder I tossed and turned--I must have ate a cup of them.

I apologize.  For some reason I read that as pistachio ice cream.  Still, they are a sweet nut.  Plenty of foods keep me awake at night.  It could be a coincidence or this will happen next time you eat them at night.  Of course it could be what you had for dinner combined with them ;)

Jane

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2012, 02:03:04 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2012, 02:08:37 PM »

BK, I am virtually positive I ordered MOLLY MAGUIRES.  Which means I probably didn't.

That would be correct - you didn't.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2012, 02:09:05 PM »

Back from lunch and picking up one package and an important envelope.  Termite Man is here banging on walls.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2012, 02:13:38 PM »

This Jeepers Creepers business is really bothering me.  I went ahead and wrote about it, figured out where it would go, and adjusted the stuff around it.  My only real problem with including it (it's a little over a page of additional material) is that it comes at a point in the book where I made all those cuts because I wanted to really move along to the end.  However, having it solves a couple of problems and it's a record producing story so it's certainly germane to the story - I'll read it to Margaret and tell her how it fits in and if she likes it then I'll probably insert it.  I really liked the way it felt without it, but the story has one important piece of information - you get that information about ten pages later, but including it in this story makes it more touching. 

If I keep it the way it is, then the information on how Kritzerland came to be isn't quite accurate, although dramatically I really like the way that's written.  But this is a true story so to suddenly have something that's just not accurate is probably problematic, especially since even people here know that the Kritzerland logo appeared on a CD two years before we actually started the label.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2012, 03:11:34 PM »

Without my new prescription goggles I might have crashed into someone at the pool today.  It was busy until the class ended & I was lucky enough to grab the single lane.  I wish I had these goggles in Tahiti, but then I might have had an interesting pattern on my face when this photo was taken.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2012, 03:14:32 PM »

Goodbye Moorea :(

JMK

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2012, 03:39:02 PM »

Actually, guess what?  I did.  On January 30.  I just checked PayPal.  I can send a copy of the payment to your email if you want.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2012, 03:49:27 PM »

Pick a little, Walk a little
Pick a little, Walk a little
Pick-Pick-Pick
Walk a lot, Pick a little more...

(...with apologies to you know who)

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2012, 03:54:51 PM »

Actually, guess what?  I did.  On January 30.  I just checked PayPal.  I can send a copy of the payment to your email if you want.

I found it - for some reason it didn't show up when I first searched it in my saved folder - it's there, which means your album shipped when everyone else's did.  I think you know by now there is no rhyme or reason how the USPS gets stuff to people.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2012, 03:58:54 PM »

I found it - for some reason it didn't show up when I first searched it in my saved folder - it's there, which means your album shipped when everyone else's did.  I think you know by now there is no rhyme or reason how the USPS gets stuff to people.

FWIW, mine arrived yesterday!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2012, 04:21:24 PM »

I ran the new story by muse Margaret, who loved it.  I've now entered it into the manuscript and NOW I'm finished.

George

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2012, 04:33:24 PM »

I ran the new story by muse Margaret, who loved it.  I've now entered it into the manuscript and NOW I'm finished.

CONGRATULATIONS, BK!! ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2012, 04:35:40 PM »

So, Michele Bachmann has her panties in a bunch because she thinks  "Welfare Recipients Getting Lap Dances A Bigger Issue Than Unemployment Benefits" and all I can wonder is, was she dropped on her head as a baby? is she the offspring of two first cousins? Does the GOP keep her around to make the other candidates look better?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2012, 04:43:28 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS, BK!! ;D

What George said!

KevinH

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »

Nice photos, DR Jane!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2012, 04:52:22 PM »

I do think we'd best get off this page before MY panties get in a bunch.  Since I do not like wearing bunched panties, let's get crackin'.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2012, 04:53:15 PM »

So, Michele Bachmann has her panties in a bunch because she thinks  "Welfare Recipients Getting Lap Dances A Bigger Issue Than Unemployment Benefits" and all I can wonder is, was she dropped on her head as a baby? is she the offspring of two first cousins? Does the GOP keep her around to make the other candidates look better?
Well, she would shame most dropped babies I know. And kissing cousins is just another Kentucky sport, so don't go knocking our fun. I don't know who is to blame for that. But I want it -- and her -- to go away.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2012, 04:53:34 PM »

Two more.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2012, 04:53:44 PM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up