Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION  (Read 20944 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2004, 04:14:19 PM »

TD- you are to be congratulated on such a striking dog...Siberian Huskie is the type of dog I have longed to own!

You don't own Huskies.  They own you and do what they decide to do, a bright but extremely independent breed.  Hopefully Minx is one of the rare exceptions to the rule.

Jane

« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2004, 04:23:09 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]A big welcome back William F. Orr.[/move]

Laura II

« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2004, 04:25:33 PM »

Hip hip hooray for the return of William F. Orr!
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Jennifer

« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2004, 04:54:33 PM »

Hey DR Tom from Oz and Jrand: I've done the refresh thing too!  Maybe it's a god thing :)

BK you made me laugh when I read about you re-sending your meanie email. They sound very funny.

Well I ate bread (pumpernickel) for the first time in like a month. It was good. My diet has been going very well (although it would be going much better if I exercised more). It is so hard to exercise in the winter. I could swim. I used to swim twice a week. But I have not done that in months.

I think I will use my rebounder. And pilates. And the exercise bike.  I do feel much better though (which is good). Although I still want to be at my original weight (and I don't think i'm there yet).

Oh and on New Year's eve I had my favorite General Taos. Yeah for chicken!

Jennifer

« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2004, 04:57:14 PM »

Well there was much freezing rain today, and what did I do? SHOP!  You can shop in freezing rain.  I went to the mall with maman (who also loves to shop) and I went past the book store. And they bins of books for $2. So I got a low fat cookbook (even though I'm doing low carbs) and some romancy type book about men proposing (which will probably depress me). But I love the price.

Jennifer

« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2004, 04:58:47 PM »

Oh and I was just watching my favorite soap before (Y&R). If you accidently kill someone, but hitting them over the head with a bottle, should you then wrap up their body and drag it across town? I think not. Sharon you are so dumb :)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2004, 05:04:12 PM »

Coming onto this site makes me feel like Ilona at the library:

So many posts!  Such great photos!  What fantabulous repartee.

Dear Reader William F. Orr:  Welcome back.  I hope your tsuris has ended, or, if it has not, that it is not distracting you and will end soon.

Dear Reader Sandra:  I adore your new photo.  The hat and the helmet together are tres chic!

Babies:  Gawjus.  Kitties:  Cuter than a button.  Puppies:  Awww!
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jennifer

« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2004, 05:06:23 PM »

Hey did you know that there are only J and A lettered people on here now: Jennifer, Ann, Jay, Andrea and Jed.

We are Jajaj!

Bye all :)

Jed

« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2004, 05:09:42 PM »

Alright, I will admit that I, too, have been known to refresh the page a few times hoping for new posts, only to discover that there are plenty of new posts waiting on the next page.  Ahh, confession is good for the soul.

Wonderful to see everybody's favorite math teacher back among us! :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: January 03, 2004, 05:11:32 PM »

Well, I've got some dish - I've got the dish.  I've been successfully installed, although not without annoyance.  Once Attila was done then he had to phone Direct TV to activate.  I had to get on the phone and then the idiot had no clue what I'd ordered four weeks ago, so we had to go through THAT whole thing, but finally I'm dished and I see images on my TV so that is good.  

Now, if one of our techno-hainsies can just give me the reader's digest version of how to record things on Tivo that would be grand.  In other words, how do I tell it what program to record when?  How do I record something if I'm just seeing it live and want it?

Jed

« Reply #160 on: January 03, 2004, 05:17:46 PM »

We are Jajaj!

Sounds like Spanish laughter to me! :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2004, 06:16:59 PM »

Dear BK--

Congratulations.  Now you can get 400 channels and find that there's nothing to watch on TV.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Emily

« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2004, 06:27:19 PM »

57 CHANNELS (AND NOTHIN' ON)

I bought a bourgeois house in the Hollywood hills
With a truckload of hundred thousand dollar bills
Man came by to hook up my cable TV
We settled in for the night my baby and me
We switched 'round and 'round 'til half-past dawn
There was fifty-seven channels and nothin' on

Well now home entertainment was my baby's wish
So I hopped into town for a satellite dish
I tied it to the top of my Japanese car
I came home and I pointed it out into the stars
A message came back from the great beyond
There's fifty-seven channels and nothin' on

Well we might'a made some friends with some billionaires
We might'a got all nice and friendly
If we'd made it upstairs
All I got was a note that said "Bye-bye John
Our love is fifty-seven channels and nothin' on"

So I bought a .44 magnum it was solid steel cast
And in the blessed name of Elvis well I just let it blast
'Til my TV lay in pieces there at my feet
And they busted me for disturbin' the almighty peace
Judge said "What you got in your defense son?"
"Fifty-seven channels and nothin' on"
I can see by your eyes friend you're just about gone
Fifty-seven channels and nothin' on...
Fifty-seven channels and nothin'
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

MBarnum

« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2004, 06:28:57 PM »

Bk is now back in TV Land! Hurray! I hope you get Goodlife Network, then you can watch all those wonderful Warner Bros. detective and westerns shows...Bronco, Cheyenne, Surfside 6, etc. etc. etc.!

Jane

« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2004, 06:50:55 PM »

Dear BK--

Congratulations.  Now you can get 400 channels and find that there's nothing to watch on TV.

There will be plenty to watch with the TIVO wish list.  All Bruce needs to do is fill it up with his favorite actors and movies.

Jane

« Reply #165 on: January 03, 2004, 06:52:55 PM »

How do I record something if I'm just seeing it live and want it?

Press the red button.

MBarnum

« Reply #166 on: January 03, 2004, 06:57:41 PM »

Just killing time before I talk to Mr. Griffin and thought I would remind all dear readers to pick up there issue of Scarlet Street...you will find a nice article on DR Charles Pouge, DVD reviews by Drs TD and Jrand53, another nice article on BK and Jeepers Creepers (with photos of surprise DRs) and an interview with this healthy young man who starred in many an Italian sword and Sandal...

Jane

« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2004, 06:59:12 PM »

Bruce I bet you figured that out by now.  You are going to have so much fun with TIVO.  A nice addition to the wish list is the ability to go to “options” and click on automatic record.

td

• td
« Reply #168 on: January 03, 2004, 07:29:59 PM »

You don't own Huskies.  They own you and do what they decide to do, a bright but extremely independent breed.  Hopefully Minx is one of the rare exceptions to the rule.

Dear Reader Jane done said a cotton-pickin' mouthful of truth!

Not that it matters, but, if I am not out of bed by 8:15 (her morning walk time) Minx will run into the bedroom and sorta sing me awake - - any one who has had a Husky will know the sound I'm referring to.
Minx lets you know that this is HER house, but, you're welcome to drop in.
The other thing about Huskies that I have learned is that they will always be roamers - even with proper leash training, and daily routined walks; IF they are not leashed, they will travel.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2004, 07:34:08 PM »

DR Charles, I could not disagree with you more strongly about the moist quotient in THE RETURN OF THE KING. Any tears and sentimentality shown in the film has been EARNED by those characters. I wouldn't deny them their emotions, and I'm grateful I could join in (and then some).

I, too, look forward to the extended edition (tentatively slated for release in August with the theatrical edition coming in May), and between now and then plan on borrowing from a friend the extended editions of the other films to see them. (I have only the theatrical versions).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2004, 07:38:26 PM »

DISHtv - wonderful.  Hopefully Mr BK will have the Encore channels of MYSTERY, LOVE, WESTERN, and ACTION!!

I joined that "other" board today, but will not post for a few days on the KK thread so as to be a sneaky snake.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2004, 07:42:46 PM »

Did the DVD thing tonight myself. Finished AI, and I have to say I still stand by my gut feeling that the movie should have ended with the discovery of the blue fairy and David's waiting for her to grant his wish. The feel-good/give David closure/ET ending with the clone mother for me destroyed the very cynical tone of the piece. I wanted that melancholy.

After I finished AI, I put in LILO & STITCH, beautfully animated and fun. Then, PLANET OF THE APES which I stopped after about 20 minutes. I know a new anamorphic transfer is upcoming for it, but I doubt I'll sink money into upgrading.

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2004, 07:47:06 PM »

[sigh] I once had the Encore channels on my digital cable service, but when I upgraded to a high definition cable box, the technicians discovered they had let me go well past the introductory offer of those movie channels and took them away. I also lost in the process the Fox Movie Channel and 5 STARZ channels when they made that discovery. Damn! I could add them back (for a fee naturally), but for now I'll stay with the hundreds I presently have.

td

• td
« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2004, 07:54:05 PM »

After I finished AI, I put in LILO & STITCH, beautfully animated and fun. Then, PLANET OF THE APES which I stopped after about 20 minutes. I know a new anamorphic transfer is upcoming for it, but I doubt I'll sink money into upgrading.

DR Matt - you know, don't you, that I reviewed that lovely dvd of LILO & STITCH for Scarlet Street Magazine? ? ? ?  ;)

I just got back from the dvd trading place I frequent, and PLANET OF THE APES was NOT one of the titles I traded in, but, the other films in the series are now on somebody's else's shelves.  I'll take the anamorphic when it comes out, a rare case of double-dipping for me.

Trade-wise, I did well, if I do say so myself:
took a few dvds in and got SEASON 8 X FILES (there's no way in hell that I would ever pay what Fox's list price is on this!), THE GREAT GATSBY, IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD (the now out-of-print version with the documentary) and DOWN WITH LOVE - only the final choice being a *used* dvd.

DR Emily, of course I hit you with my Karmaliscious Wand for quoting The Boss!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2004, 07:57:37 PM »

Lovely DR EMILY!!!  LOL...and so true.

And DRMICHAELSHAYNE might want to reprise his "Satellite on the Roof" song from last week.  It was velly crever.

OH - and since non-fan DR CHARLESPOGUE isn't around tonight, I will let the rest of you know that on the Hallmark Channel at Midnight EST, the episode of "The Virginian" that tells how Trampas came to the ranch is on.  Lots of Doug McClure, for anyone who is a fan!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 07:59:04 PM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #175 on: January 03, 2004, 08:11:19 PM »

DR TD,

I had a friend with a Husky. The dog was a roamer, but so was the husband - a dangerous combination. He took the dog out one evening and returned home alone, plastered, the next morning. (He remembered leaving the dog at a bar, but couldn't remember which one.) Fortunately, my friend was familiar with her husband's haunts. She went from bar to bar, and eventually found Seiku tied up and patiently waiting outside the WheatSheaf Tavern. Seiku, happily, lived a long and happy life. But the marriage ended soon after the WheatSheaf incident.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 08:13:24 PM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: January 03, 2004, 08:12:24 PM »

DR td, I have my first ever issue of SCARLET STREET here now - the one with Bette Davis as Jane Hudson on the cover. I got it at Borders last weekend, but I have a backlog of magazines and it went on the bottom of the stack. I'll get to it eventually, and subscribe if I like it. Look forward to seeing my buddies here in print.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: January 03, 2004, 08:15:52 PM »

Those sound like some good trades, DR td. Yep, quite often the "used" DVds are really brand new discs still in shrink wrap. Let me know what you think of DOWN WITH LOVE. I've been debating about getting it or waiting for it to appear on HBO/Showtime.

Tomorrow, I will definitely crack open LOVE ME TONIGHT. I just felt like surround sound tonight which partly explains my choices.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2004, 08:19:40 PM »

Well, the hour is growing late, so I'm off to bed. Look forward to reading the rest of the evening's posts tomorrow. Until then, . . . .

td

• td
« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2004, 08:28:00 PM »

I loved DOWN WITH LOVE in theaters, but this was also the first time I was able to pick up a w-i-d-e-s-c-r-e-e-n edition of it on dvd!  Of course, with all the other things out on dvd, I possibly wasn't looking very hard, either.

If memory serves, my review of LILO is in the previous issue of SS, the SS unzips the fly issue. . .

I know that I reviewed BUFFY while Richard Valley reviewed ANGEL in the horror hags issue:

an issue which features (and I'm telling you the truth) some of my favorite interviews; some of which were conducted by another Dear Reader or two!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 08:29:00 PM by td »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up