Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BIDIN' MY TIME  (Read 17963 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:BIDIN' MY TIME
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2006, 11:52:58 AM »

Dog Bosco and I had a nice walk in the fog. He is now a pooped pup and I am going to sell some things on Ebay to pay for my trip to California. Wish me luck.

Is this more underwear?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2006, 01:25:23 PM »

DR MattH, I agree with DR Francois, that is an excellent reflection on your character to put in a good word for her. She did the best she could and that cannot be overlooked.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 01:26:46 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2006, 01:28:08 PM »

Well, I'm worth visiting too! I'm not little but... I'm French! :D

We'll put you on our agenda!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2006, 01:28:46 PM »

I alsmot said my "to do" list, but that would be so...unseemly!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2006, 01:29:41 PM »

I'll just sit here and anxiously await photos from the class reunion of Der B and Woody in their Do-Mi-Do duds!

Edisaurus

« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2006, 01:30:36 PM »

I'm sure Marie gets lots of dates!!

I'm sure she has a very full social Callendar!   ::)

Edisaurus

« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2006, 01:31:58 PM »

It all depends on who sings it!! ;)

Good point, François!

Good present: a song from Guy Haines.
Bad present: a song from Edisaurus

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2006, 01:56:57 PM »

THe wind kicked up a little tis afternoon, but it is still beautiful out and very mild for late October. I spent a little time on the porch just breathing in the fresh air before coming back in to get on the internet.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2006, 02:05:46 PM »

Oh, having a washer and dryer in the home is SUCH a convenience. For awhile while I was in college, my mother had to go to the laundromat when her washer/dryer (a combination unit!) finally bit the dust. Since my dad didn't do the laundry, he didn't realize what a hot, uncomfortable place those laundromats were (maybe they're better now; they were hellish back then). On summer vacation that summer while she was still trudging our clothes to the laundromat, I helped her one day and saw how awful it was. That night, I talked with my dad about getting the equipment replaced. What I didn't know was that he was planning on building a laundry room on the back of the garage so she could have a separate washer and dryer out there, but the men building the addition had to finish their current job before they could start on the addition. My fall, my mom had her laundry room.

Since I've lived away from home, I've never not had a washer and dryer. A dishwasher I could live without, but not a washer and dryer.

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2006, 02:08:04 PM »

I watched DIE ANOTHER DAY while cooking and eating lunch earlier today. This last of the Brosnon/Bond pictures has super DTS-ES sound and a gorgeous transfer, and I enjoyed seeing it again.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2006, 02:09:51 PM »

Next I put in THE WIZARD OF OZ DVD to listen to the commentary track. I did listen to it before and thought the combination of John Fricke with a lot of archival interviews with certain stars wasn't as effective as the solo Fricke commentary on the OZ laserdisc set, but I wanted to hear it again just to make sure. The movie certainly looks grand on my upconverting player.

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2006, 02:10:48 PM »

Tonight, I'll get to some of the things on my DVR that have been sitting there for days. Need to clear them off to get ready for a week of heavy recording coming up now that the World SEries is over.

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2006, 02:11:34 PM »

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page Five Dance!!![/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2006, 02:20:55 PM »

Heading into the den to rejoin Dorothy and her friends.

WBBL.

Tomovoz

« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2006, 02:38:46 PM »

WBBL.
Now there's a line so many of us have and can use.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 02:48:23 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2006, 02:49:45 PM »

I'm looking forward to this:

THE WIZARD OF OZ      Original Complete Film                              

November 24/25, 2006, 8 PM

Experience America’s greatest and best-loved homegrown fairytale in a digitally remastered print. The 23-Grammy-winning Atlanta Symphony Orchestra dramatically re-animates the classic tale of a girl, her dog, and the road to Oz in all its orchestral glory.

(My first dog was a Cairn Terrier, a.k.a. a Toto dog.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2006, 02:51:39 PM »

Back from rehearsal and a few errands and dear reader elmore will be delighted to know I just got an early copy of Oh, What A Lovely War DVD.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2006, 02:56:38 PM »

Gee! Patient you were! I would not wait 45 minutes before voicing my displeasure!

Perkins Restaurants are not what I think of when I want a restaurant though! No offense to them!

Nor me but when there is not a lot of choice in Grand Forks, ND after 10 pm on a Saturday evening.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2006, 03:17:57 PM »

Back from rehearsal and a few errands and dear reader elmore will be delighted to know I just got an early copy of Oh, What A Lovely War DVD.

I always get this title mixed up with "How I Won The War", which I do like. I've never seen "Lovely War", but maybe I'll read a review of it tomorrow morning!  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2006, 03:39:55 PM »

Right now I'm watching The Last Voyage - a movie I loved as a kid, but which doesn't hold up perfectly - still, there are some very tense scenes.

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2006, 04:24:59 PM »

Saturday evening greetings!  I'm back after two very long days.  Staff Day yesterday was one of the best in the 9 years I've worked for Dayton Metro Library.  Our Executive Director started the day with a slide show of his volunteering, along with 4 other senior staff, at Biloxi Public Library back in June.  They were helping clean up Katrina devastation.  BPL is a 6-location system and their Main Library and one branch are still closed.  The night between the 2 days they spent there, the staff had a covered dish dinner and it was the first time the entire staff had been together since the hurricane 10 months earlier.  Our ED said they shared some amazing stories.

The basket giveaway was a huge success.  We had 100% participation, meaning every branch and Main Library department contributed a basket - more than 30 all together.  My favorite was from Cataloging - their theme was "Orange You Glad You Came to Staff Day?" and, of course, everything in the basket was orange, including a gift card from Home Depot.  A staff member from Book Processing won my Nonprofit Nick Nacks and I don't think she "got it."  Here's what I won:

Nothing.  
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2006, 04:28:11 PM »

This morning, I picked up another AAUW/Ohio board member at 7:30am and we were in Columbus for a 6-hour meeting.  It went well, but some people really need to have duct tape applied to their mouths.

I really need that extra hour of sleep we're going to get tonight.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2006, 04:30:57 PM »

...I'd like to know WHY so many people, when they leave their hotel room for a long time, do let the lights on?

DR Francois - leaving a light on, and sometimes the TV or radio, when I go out for the evening is a personal safety, woman-traveling-alone tactic that I was taught many years ago.  Of course, it's not necessary to leave all the lights on, but it is nice not to come back to complete darkness.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2006, 04:44:53 PM »

DR Francois - leaving a light on, and sometimes the TV or radio, when I go out for the evening is a personal safety, woman-traveling-alone tactic that I was taught many years ago.  Of course, it's not necessary to leave all the lights on, but it is nice not to come back to complete darkness.

I do the same thing by leaving the radio on when I leave for work and a small light on. Safety ...  I also work at night and the way the lighting is set up in my apartment it is a necessary thing to leave a small light one. I usually leave a smal desk lamp on.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2006, 04:51:10 PM »

I've had a great day at home:  laundry, four hours rewriting my notes on thehistory of BABES IN TOYLAND for the preface to the orchestra score, laying out the last the three numbers on "The Brain."  I'm waiting for BK to call me back about a possible key change on "All About Men," A big number from Act Two.

BK, I am jealous!  I want my copy of "Oh, Whay A Lovely War!"  It's not a great movie but it sure packed a wallop during Viet Nam, and with all the casualties in this current debacle our administration has dumped us into in Poland - oh, wait! that was the Nazis,  or was it Cheney and Bush?  I think it still has something to say about the idiocy of leaders, the sacrifice of the young, and the mourning of those left behind, and it's got the great Maggie Smith for its metaphor.

Right now I just took apart too many storage boxes to put away too many DVDs as I looked for my Community Songbook that contains the Marines Hymn, Anchors Aweigh, and other military things I need for "The Brain."  I'm listening to the Kevin Spirtas DVD as I work, and I'm enjoying it immensely.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2006, 05:02:06 PM »

Dr Ginny, although I can see where leaving the TV on in your room, with the volume low, can be a wise idea for both men and women who travel alone; I can't see that leaving the lights on in a hotel room serves as much of a deterrent.  Most hotels have the light switch just inside the door, so guests can turn on the lights before they enter their darkened room.  The sound of voices from a TV, as well as the light from the TV screen should be enough to keep most crooks away from your room.

Perhaps I have just been paying too much attention to Al Gore.[/size]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2006, 05:15:45 PM »

I had something nice happen to me today.

I was out at the mall with my sister while she got a snowsuit for little megan (my niece).  And the plastic piece on one side of my glasses broke off.

It left this rough piece against my nose/cheek and after only 10 minutes i had a big scratch on my face.

I was upset because the little plastic piece had been breaking off for months. And when i went to the place where i got the glasses they said they did not make the piece anymore (now they are a different size).

At the time this made little sense to me since the glasses were not that old. But i had gone to the other eye glass store at the mall and was told no as well.

Anyhow, so today i was quite upset because i didn't think i was going to be able to find a way to wear the glasses. And i didn't know what to do.

I was going to go to the place i got them and see if they could do anything (i was thinking of glue - yuck).

While my sister went to pay for the snowsuit i went to the bathroom (major department store). And right beside the bathroom was the store's eye glass department.

Well i thought it must be fate, and when i went in, the woman said they were the only place in the mall that carried the piece. And she fixed it for me ($6, but at that point i was thrilled).

I never would have thought to check out that little place. But thankfully i can wear the glasses now.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2006, 06:19:15 PM »

Francois, I do leave a small lamp on sometimes in a hotel room if I am out and will not return until late especially if it is someplace where I do not feel terribly comfortable. When I check out, all lights are turned out.

I have a bad habit of falling asleep in bed reading and thus a lamp is always on

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2006, 06:19:53 PM »

One never pays too much attention to Al Gore! :D

He is still around ??

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2006, 06:21:59 PM »

What gets me in a hotel are people who have kids and they are unusually loud and rude late at night. That bugs me. I am relatively tolerant until around 10 or 11 but after that, IMHO, young kids should be IN BED!

I also think after that time others trying to sleep should be respected.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up