Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NEW AGE NEW YEAR  (Read 26847 times)

Jennifer

Re:THE NEW AGE NEW YEAR
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2003, 12:30:41 PM »

I went by Subway today and was happy to see that here in Canada they do indeed have special turkey and chicken wraps.I cannot wait to try one since I love Subway (I hope they are good). And they only have 8 and 11 carb points. Not bad.

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2003, 12:34:09 PM »

That's a shame Emily got carded (since she is legal in the place where she lives).  I guess DR Maya was just so happy to show her id now that she is 21 :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2003, 12:45:20 PM »

Sorry to hear Keith is still sick - I told him not to shovel.  But now you can both join us for our Rockin' New Year's Eve Do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2003, 12:46:49 PM »

Happy, happy new year, one and all!

Some of my wishes for 2004 (others are too private):
Health and happiness for my daughter, of course.
Lots of wonderful new writing projects. And that certain scripts which have been sitting around waiting for fairy dust get produced (A POEM FOR LILI; PURLIE'S SUMMER; OUT OF THE DUST, to name a few).
That the script which is being produced in January turns out to be a fabulous film.
Corny, yes, but important -- Peace in the world. (We can wish, can't we?)

Personal Highs of 2003: Moving back to LA and surviving the move.
Discovering that the place I rented sight unseen was small, but utterly charming.
Coming out of a writing slump (it was taking me forever to write even a few pages) and having it all suddenly pour out of me like it used to in the pre-slump days.
Meeting some interesting new people. Well, they weren't "new people" like they were rodents before - but new-to-me-people.

Personal Lows of 2003: Some financial stuff - which was also a high, in that once it was done, I was freed of something that had been hanging over me for 8 years.
Leaving friends behind when moving.
...And other things which would be boring and depressing to discuss on the Happiest Site on the Internet.
Hey, man, it's alllll good now. Cue the new Age Music.

Once more, as they say in Hungary "BUEK!" (Which stands for 'Boldog uj évet kivánok!' Which means... I wish you a happy New Year!)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2003, 12:48:04 PM »

Good morning everyone!
Let's see, a look back at 2003.
Highlights would have to include graduating from college, of course...also seeing Elaine Stritch live, which was unforgetable...finally losing those 30 pounds, definitely on the list...hmm, that's all I can think of at the moment.
Lowlights, seeing my ex-boyfriend go to jail (he got out yesterday after eight months) watching a few dear frends go through nasty break ups and heartache...I guess nothing really bad has happened to me, I've just been the observer.  
Hopes for 2004...well, figure out what I want to do with my life now that I've graduated.  Hopefully get settled into a graduate program somewhere.  And lets just say I hope next year I have a special someone to ring in the new year with...this single life is getting old :)
This promises to be a quiet new years, no real partying going on, so I shall be checking in here from time to time to partake of the HHW festivities

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2003, 12:50:40 PM »

Jane:  I have question.... other than a vivid description of my last lover, what or who is Jo-Jo the Dog-Faced Reindeer?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2003, 12:52:22 PM »

DR Jane - Hope Keith is well VERY soon. In case you missed my post last night, thank you for offering to email me the pet pics. They miraculously appeared right after I posted my first note. They're very sweet! And I didn't know Echo was a star. Could my Abie have his pawtograph? (Nauseatingly cute, but I couldn't resist.)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2003, 12:56:13 PM »

Good morning everyone!
Let's see, a look back at 2003.
Highlights would have to include graduating from college, of course...also seeing Elaine Stritch live, which was unforgetable...

Sure, seeing Stritch live is a highlight, but seeing me live didn't make the cut????
“One thing’s universal,

Diane

« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2003, 01:03:13 PM »

Jane:  I have question.... other than a vivid description of my last lover, what or who is Jo-Jo the Dog-Faced Reindeer?

TCB: You crack me up ;D
I LOVE A Piano....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2003, 01:04:43 PM »

......... and shouldn't Tomovoz be getting out of bed soon?  Or do you think he and Mr. Mercurio may be involved?
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2003, 01:05:46 PM »

Meeting some interesting new people. Well, they weren't "new people" like they were rodents before - but new-to-me-people.
[/size]

Visions of Disney's "Cinderella" popped into my head with the Fairy Godmother "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Booing" "rodents" into footmen for "Cinderellie's" carriage!

Jed

« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2003, 01:06:47 PM »

If I remember my December time differences correctly (which is very doubtful), it's about 8 hours into 2004 in Oz, so we could be hearing from Tom before too long.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2003, 01:07:17 PM »

Sure, seeing Stritch live is a highlight, but seeing me live didn't make the cut????

Next time, let 'em see you n-a-k-e-d!  They're SURE to remember that...and talk about it, too!

:)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2003, 01:12:56 PM »

Next time, let 'em see you n-a-k-e-d!  They're SURE to remember that...and talk about it, too!

:)

Yeah, if they can stop laughing!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2003, 01:32:49 PM »

Not mine, but adorable...
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2003, 01:33:45 PM »

Or, if you prefer...........
“One thing’s universal,

Diane

« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2003, 01:38:14 PM »

These New Year's Resolutions appeared in the NY Post today. Enjoy!

Ute Lemper: I resolve to explore the seven deadly sins all over again!

Phyllis Newman: In the new year I'll read the world news before I read the gossip columns.

Isabel Keating: I resolve to eat alot more chocolate and drink alot more red wine

And my personal fav:

Polly Bergen: To calm Michael Riedel down a little.

Have A Safe And Happy New Year Everyone!
I LOVE A Piano....

Tomovoz

« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2003, 01:39:45 PM »

I"m Here! My night with Paul. Enjoyable show and Mecurio is a somewhat chunkier than in Strictly Ballroom (he lost weight for this role) - shorter than you would think (less tall!), has a pleasant singing voice and copes with comedy well. He plays Ethen (the well endowed) in the show and fair enough too!
It is New Year's Day here and has been for over 8 hours.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Diane

« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2003, 01:41:37 PM »

Those cats are so damn cute!! AWWWW!
I LOVE A Piano....

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2003, 01:42:15 PM »

Swishy, you look adorable with or without braces! Laura is a cutie too!

I agree.  And a fun happy picture. :)

Jane

« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2003, 01:46:41 PM »

Sorry to hear Keith is still sick - I told him not to shovel.  But now you can both join us for our Rockin' New Year's Eve Do.

He doesn't listen to me why would he listen to you?  He just doesn't know how to be idle. At the moment he is outside shaking snow of bushes and trees before they are crushed to death.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2003, 01:51:29 PM »

LOL.  I have no idea.  That was Keith posting this morning.  I really groaned over the prostate joke.  ::) :-[ Most of the time he is really funny, even after all these years.

Jed

« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2003, 01:54:37 PM »

LOL.  I have no idea.  That was Keith posting this morning.  I really groaned over the prostate joke.  ::) :-[ Most of the time he is really funny, even after all these years.

Just blame it on the fever. :)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jane

« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2003, 01:58:25 PM »

DRLaura are Joshie’s eyes really that green?  What a precious picture.

Jrand and MBarnum you have a rather large number of siblings.  Myrna is an unusual name.  Were your parents Myrna Loy fans?  My siblings and I were all given English names.  My brother, the oldest, is George and my sister Peggy was two years younger.  I followed 4 ˝ years later.  My mother wasn’t supposed to have any more children but she played a trick on my father and here I am.

TCB-oh my god!  Those pictures are soooooo cute.  I love Huskies!  I just don’t recommend having one.  They shed non-stop and are too stubborn.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2003, 02:02:59 PM »

Can't you control your man, Jane?  Control your man.  Men must be kept under control.  Men are beasts, savage beasts, you know that, and you must control them.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2003, 02:13:13 PM »

This last year was just a continuation of the year before.  We have had too many loses in our lives.  So I shall only dwell on all the good things that happened this year.  We had several visits from good friends and we took several trips with friends and family.  The highlights of the year were: our son pursuing his dream and going to Romania with the Peace Corps.; our older son purchasing a loft with his girlfriend; my brother and I have become closer than ever.  Joining this wonderful group on a regular basis has been wonderful.  I had the great pleasure of meeting Jay this year and hope to meet more of you in the following year, and to see Jay again.

My personal hopes for 2004 are for a quiet, peaceful and healthy year.  Most of all I hope my children continue to have growth in their personal lives and for my oldest son to find his professional life.  I’m looking forward to our family trip in Eastern Europe.

To all of you here, I wish you a year filled with good health, happiness and for those of you searching for the perfect job or mate, may you find it.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2003, 02:28:27 PM »

Thank you, Jane. Yes, he has very green eyes. Here he is doing another of his favorite activities: watching the printer. He gets all excited when he hears the printer turn on and runs right over and jumps on top of the monitor to watch.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2003, 02:30:45 PM »

Have been having scanner problems this morning. Hope this works:
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2003, 02:34:50 PM »

Here's "Jo Jo the Dog-Faced Reindeer" at 6 weeks.  She dreamed of PBS stardom even at this young age.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 02:40:20 PM by Jane »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2003, 02:36:26 PM »

I have only an older brother - Phillip.

I do not feel sorry for only children because if you have a very mean, very vindictive older sibling, you can spend many miserable years with them or trying your best to avoid them, and I did. You make of your childhood what you will whether there are siblings about or not. I think dealing with my brother made me a much stronger person and able to stand the negative comments about me (who took dance, voice, even baton) made by others and also able to live in solitude quite contentedly.

My, that sounds maudlin. Sorry for that.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up