Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: NOT-SO-FREE-FLOWING VERSE  (Read 29309 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:NOT-SO-FREE-FLOWING VERSE
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2005, 12:03:11 PM »

DRJOSE - congratulations on your "dating" situation....someday my prince will come as well.  I keep saying.  And your "musical" joke was hilarious!

Thank You, and Thank You.

...As for my "dating" situation... We shall see.  I'm sort of in a weird spot right now since I'll be leaving the city for about three months straight in a few weeks.  However, I think that's a good thing.  Dating was sort of the last thing on my mind when I made the move here.  Actually, I don't even think it was on my mind.  So, I'm happy to be "involved", but just a little caught off guard and "wary" of how things have progressed.  The time away will help put things into perspective.  For both of us.  There's lots of things that are going unsaid right now, and I think we're both leaving those things unsaid for good reasons.  But it is very nice having a new friend.

**And now I just have to figure out when and if I introduce him to DR elmore.  Then he'll definitely know I'm crazy!  ;)

-And that concludes my Dear Abby bit for the day.  'Nuff said.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2005, 12:04:35 PM »

OMG!

I just looked outside...  The rain seems to have stopped here.  at least for now.

-Must have been that SUNSHINE DANCE!

KEEP MOVING, GALS!!!  PICK UP THOSE FEET!  WAVE THOSE ARMS!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2005, 12:06:54 PM »

Well, that's enough moping around for me today...

I'm gonna head on down to Ripley-Grier and get some practicing in.  And then it's off to see Ms. Brooke Shields in Chicago tonight courtesy of a friend-of-a-friend.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2005, 12:14:26 PM »

But before I go...

Here's the official news for the last bit of casting for Damn Yankees at Arena Stage.

Arena Stage's Damn Yankees Has Its Lola, and She Runs on "Steam Heat"
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2005, 12:19:18 PM »

Thanks JRand.

Jose I was afraid someone might ask me that question.  ;D  It was taken on the grounds of one of the castles we visited, which was not the “Sleeping Beauty” castle.  I don’t remember the name of the castle.

Jason

« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2005, 12:20:08 PM »

The very handsome Mr. Anthony Perkins

Jason

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2005, 12:22:05 PM »

And a slightly more revealing view of Mr. Perkins...

http://barefoot.provocateuse.com/images/photos/anthony_perkins_01.jpg

Jane

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2005, 12:23:15 PM »

I checked out Bruno's website and didn't find any marzipan.  I would like to return there when I have room to indulge.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2005, 12:26:10 PM »

Dating was sort of the last thing on my mind when I made the move here.  

I find that hard to believe from the way you pounced on DRMBarnum!
Quote from: JoseSPiano

But it is very nice having a new friend.

Dorothy Parker says all you need in an apartment is enough room to lay your hat and a few friends.

Fuck it!  I'll never figure out how to do it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 12:29:47 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2005, 12:30:22 PM »

I checked out Bruno's website and didn't find any marzipan.  I would like to return there when I have room to indulge.

DRJane, look under holiday items.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2005, 12:31:46 PM »

I'm gonna head on down to Ripley-Grier and get some practicing in.  And then it's off to see Ms. Brooke Shields in Chicago tonight courtesy of a friend-of-a-friend.

Jose - I enjoyed Ms. Shields very much last year in Wonderful Town.  If I had not elected to see Walking Down Broadway last week, I would have tried for Chicago.  Hope you have a good time!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2005, 12:31:49 PM »

**And now I just have to figure out when and if I introduce him to DR elmore.  Then he'll definitely know I'm crazy!  ;)

Who will think you're crazy?  Stuart or me?

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2005, 12:32:51 PM »

Jane - what a great photo of you and Keith!  

Seeing that Jane's DH has a beard reminded me that I've forgotten to tell you all that my biggest surprise after my week away was that my DH has started growing a beard!  He's always had a moustache, but this is quite new...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 12:55:33 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2005, 01:00:44 PM »

CD PLAYER AT WORK:  My sparkling what-do-you call it, natch!  (Is that a spoiler?)  It arrived yesterday with Rewind.

Now I only wish it had some documentation with it, like from which? who? where? when?  Stuff like that.  I know I could compile most of that info myself from what I own--perhaps DR Michael Shayne will do so, since he maintains the site with the resources.

Enough carping, though!  It is a wonderful wonderful wonderful (that's three wonderfuls) sparkling prize, and I thank DW BK for going to all the time and trouble to create it.  It will have a place of honor in my collection.

Now to find the time to buckle down Winsocki and read Rewind.  [But who would want to win a socki anyway?  No, this sparkling prize is much better than a socki.]
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2005, 01:04:27 PM »

Just ordered The Last Starfighter.  Am I the first?  Or is Frist the first? I mean he needs to spend all that money he (allegedly) made on (alleged) insider trading on something.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2005, 01:06:53 PM »

I'm up, I'm up.

First off, The Last Starfighter is up and ready for preorder, so those who can and wish to, should.  The splash page on the site isn't the way I want it yet, but won't be fixed until tomorrow (Starfighter will be the main focus taking up the top two-thirds, and the others will just be covers at the bottom of the page).  Order away if you're of a mind to.  You'll really like it....

I have pre-ordered "The Last Starfighter!"  If I didn't do it now, I won't have the money again until next month. ::)

Otherwise, the Topic of the Day:

In my CD player:  RENT:  The original soundtrack.  I've only listened to the first five tracks on the first CD and so far, I like it a lot.  I don't doubt that the rest of it'll be really good, too.  After that will be the original London cast recording (on Sepia Records), then the Judy Carne revival of The Boy Friend.  I played Lord Brockhurst in a local production in 1990 (when I was 24 and Dulcie was probably 37!)

In my VCR:  Wednesday's episode of "Lost."  I wasn't home to watch or tape it.  I was working on The Full Monty and didn't get a chance to set my VCR.  I'm borrowing my niece's copy (and don't worry, the spoilers haven't bothered me)

In my DVD player:  "The Best of Broadway Musicals - Classic Performances from The Ed Sullivan Show."  I've only watched a couple of the clips, but it's pretty cool.  I love the idea that these sorts of performances have been saved...even if not in the best visual or audio quality.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 01:10:53 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2005, 01:07:52 PM »

DRJane, look under holiday items.

I did and saw the beautiful gingerbread house.  I'll go look again.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2005, 01:11:05 PM »

Thanks elmore.  I had looked under Holiday Specials, not Holiday Specialties.  Silly me didn't realize there was a difference. :o

Jane

« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2005, 01:13:08 PM »

Jane - what a great photo of you and Keith!  

Seeing that Jane's DH has a beard reminded me that I've forgotten to tell you all that my biggest surprise after my week away was that my DH has started growing a beard!  He's always had a moustache, but this is quite new...

I love beards.

Thanks Ginny.  I like when I have control over which photos are posted. :)

George

« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2005, 01:14:31 PM »

Jane, I don't know if I ever said this, but my mom is German and from Bavaria!  Just had to share. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2005, 01:14:35 PM »

Thanks elmore.  I had looked under Holiday Specials, not Holiday Specialties.  Silly me didn't realize there was a difference. :o

Silly nursie! :-* :-* :-*

George

« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2005, 01:15:05 PM »

But I can never remember which town. ::)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2005, 01:15:37 PM »

I love beards.

Said Katie Holmes, patting her belly and her contract.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2005, 01:16:10 PM »

And I guess Cameron is hoping that Chitty will still be running at the Hilton/Ford by the time Ms. Poppins flies in.

I'll be beyond shocked if THAT happens. CHITTY was only a bit over half full when I was there in August, and I've seen attendance figures in VARIETY that suggests it's barely holding on. It may make it through year's end, but I think it'll close with the coming of the new year. That's just a guess, of course.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2005, 01:18:06 PM »

Hello, all!  Happy Friday to each of you.  Working my pants off, I am.

But....I ran across a bit of nostalgia (circa 1930) that I MUST...nay, HAD TO...share with you all.

For all fans of "The Music Man" and Pert Kelton:
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2005, 01:20:22 PM »

Thank you for the vibes, DR JRand. I had to take a nap this afternoon because I was feeling very weak and blah. Sad to say, it didn't help much.

I did indulge in a little chocolate ice cream to soothe the throat and tummy. That DID help.

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2005, 01:24:46 PM »

Love the pictures of Anthony Perkins and Pert Kelton. There's an ODD couple if ever there was one!

Matt H.

« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2005, 01:25:39 PM »

Finished HEIDI and A FEW GOOD MEN, each of which I had started during the week and now was able to finish them both today.

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2005, 01:29:21 PM »

After those, I put in the first disc of KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER and watched the first episode "The Ripper."

After reading the reviews posted at Amazon.com, I was very hesitant to put in the disc. Several people there complained about the image quality being so poor and being taken from videotape masters, but, honestly, after watching "The Ripper," I found the quality just fine for a 30+ year old television show recorded with mono sound and made on a studio backlot and on a low budget.

And the series has a sly sense of humor totally missing from the current update on ABC. The new show may have better production values, but it can't hope to match the delightful performances by Darren McGavin and Simon Oakland, two of my all-time favorite character actors.

George

« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2005, 01:29:52 PM »

Said Katie Holmes, patting her belly and her contract.

LOL!! ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up