Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: PUTTING THE BOOK TO BED  (Read 19776 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: PUTTING THE BOOK TO BED
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2011, 04:57:38 PM »

Page Five!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2011, 04:58:02 PM »

Good morning, all! I am not in the best of moods these days. There's big a huge crink in the EILEEN copy situation that makes me quite unhappy, and I'm tired of expending energy on jobs that don't run smoothly, tired of flogging workers for product, and I'm tired of coworkers' lies.  This is going to be a tense week. I'm not happy at the current situation at all.

So, I'm irritable and crabby.

:-*
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2011, 04:58:41 PM »

DR JOSE did you win Gabe?  Spring the for expedited shipping, you will be glad you did.

Alas, I didn't. I got outbid at the last second by someone with the screenname, "TheDoltsWife".

LOL!!!

Good evening, vixmom!  Did you meet Thomas Jane?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2011, 04:59:22 PM »

Well, we are expecting a little wet snow overnight!
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2011, 05:00:07 PM »

TCB, Christian was wondering if you're going to come down and see Cannibal!

Might you be interested?

I am certainly hoping to see the show.  You remember the last time I was coming to see the show, I got snowed in to my house.  Hopefully that won't happen this time.

I certainly hope that it doesn't...for a variety of reasons. ;)

The Eagles is on 4th and Plum?

Yes it is...and you have to park on the streets.  The very small parking lot is very small and for members of the Eagles club only.  But all street parking after 5:00 pm or on weekends is free.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2011, 05:00:57 PM »

Last night I babysat little Cole so that his mummy and daddy (my neice Katie and her husband) could go out to the movies.

While putting together puzzles we had THE LAWRENCE WELK SHOW on in the background. He was highly interested in the fact that in each song or musical number, everyone's clothes were the same colors

Cute.  A sign of our times too.  I doubt that would have seemed strange to us at his age.

Shhh. . .MBarnum hasn't quite figured out he's watching on a black and white set.   ;D

:D ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2011, 05:01:03 PM »

I was channel surfing and found the latest version of THE PORTRAIT OF DORIAN GRAY on Showtime On Demand, so I watched it when I finished the last Miss Marple redo of POCKETFUL OF RYE with Julia McKenzie. That I liked a lot.

DORIAN GRAY was awful, a waste of several good actors and two hours of my life..
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2011, 05:05:51 PM »

DORIAN GRAY was awful, a waste of several good actors and two hours of my life..

What a shame.

vixmom

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2011, 05:09:56 PM »

DR JOSE did you win Gabe?  Spring the for expedited shipping, you will be glad you did.

Alas, I didn't. I got outbid at the last second by someone with the screenname, "TheDoltsWife".

LOL!!!

Good evening, vixmom!  Did you meet Thomas Jane?

I did not - yesterday all his Q & A sessions conflicted with other panels so I planned to see him at the 3 PM session only to learn at 2:45 that it had been moved to 10:30 AM --- oh well

vixmom

« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2011, 05:10:51 PM »

I am however reliably informed that he is indeed the lead in the show which you previously mentioned

Laura

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2011, 05:11:55 PM »

Someone asked about WONDERLAND, the new Frank Wildhorn musical? After seeing the poster, several photos, and knowing the level of Mr Wildhorn's music, I have no urge to pass by the theatre. God knows what the critics are going to report, but I did enjoy this person's review:
http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/d.php?id=1964131

Great. I can guess what will be touring through Phoenix in a year or so.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2011, 05:12:55 PM »

I am watching one of the local political discussion shows.   The teachers in Washington State are horrified and outraged that a 3% salary cut for them has been included in the proposed state budget.  I heard not one complant when the 3% pay cut was announced for all other state employees (except for the Legislators).  In fact they are still a lot of people pushing to increase that cut (increase = cut?  Hmm) to, at least 5% cut.

The legislators should match the cuts for themselves.

There is a strange little hitch in that plan.  Washington's elected individuals (including the Legislators and the Governor) cannot increase or decrease their own salaries.  Many years ago, the state established a committee (made up of appointed individuals) who have the dubious honor of deciding what the elected officials will be paid.  I am sure the idea was sound, but the result has been anything but fair.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2011, 05:14:05 PM »

Skip got the HARRY POTTER film on demand or whatever that pay-for-access service is, and the transmission of the film was really all messed up

Jane

« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2011, 05:16:45 PM »

I understand why they can't increase their salaries.  It seems silly they can't decrease them.  I'm sure if the legislators requested the committee to decrease their salaries, even for a limited time, it would be done.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2011, 05:20:56 PM »

I finished the last Miss Marple redo of POCKETFUL OF RYE with Julia McKenzie. That I liked a lot.

I just put this on our NetFlix queue.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2011, 05:21:59 PM »

Wait, the one I put on the queue is with Joan Hickson.  Which one is best?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »

I am however reliably informed that he is indeed the lead in the show which you previously mentioned

Ah, thank you. :)
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2011, 05:24:53 PM »

I understand why they can't increase their salaries.  It seems silly they can't decrease them.  I'm sure if the legislators requested the committee to decrease their salaries, even for a limited time, it would be done.

Of course they would.  Which is exactly the reason they don't ask the committee.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2011, 05:26:06 PM »

Well, instead of a nap I went to Panera with Paul and had a wonderful Mocha with a double chocolate brownie.  Then I went for a drive, did a little pruning of dead wood in the back yard and finally sat down to relax.

There has been a Panera here in Olympia for a few months, but I never went until last weekend.  I got a sandwich and it was quite good.  I'll definitely be going back again. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »

Of course they would.  Which is exactly the reason they don't ask the committee.

;D  Why doesn't the committee do so without being asked ;)

Jane

« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2011, 05:28:17 PM »

Well, instead of a nap I went to Panera with Paul and had a wonderful Mocha with a double chocolate brownie.  Then I went for a drive, did a little pruning of dead wood in the back yard and finally sat down to relax.

There has been a Panera here in Olympia for a few months, but I never went until last weekend.  I got a sandwich and it was quite good.  I'll definitely be going back again. :D

The only one I've been to was the one in Pittsburgh near Craig.  I really liked the cookies.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2011, 05:28:59 PM »

Skip got the HARRY POTTER film on demand or whatever that pay-for-access service is, and the transmission of the film was really all messed up

I'm waiting for Part II to be released on DVD before watching Part I.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2011, 05:31:41 PM »

The only one I've been to was the one in Pittsburgh near Craig.  I really liked the cookies.

I tried the soup at the one in Lakewood, many years ago, and I was not impressed.  I am going to have to try them again for a sandwich.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2011, 05:33:40 PM »

50 Years ago today, the ground was broken to build the Space Needle.  Happy Birthday!
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2011, 05:35:13 PM »

I tried the soup at the one in Lakewood, many years ago, and I was not impressed.  I am going to have to try them again for a sandwich.

which soup?  I like their wild rice chicken soup  and their tomato soup  alot

vixmom

« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2011, 05:37:43 PM »

50 Years ago today, the ground was broken to build the Space Needle.  Happy Birthday!

24 years ago today  Vixdad and I were in England celebrating our engagement at a party hosted by his Mum in her restaurant  on the Royal Showgrounds at Stoneleigh

George

« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »

Tax return completed (federal).  We have till May 1st for the state return.  Why rush?

(Washington state doesn't have a state return). 

We should have moved to Washington instead of Oregon.  Maybe our next move ;)

You, however, don't have sales tax.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2011, 05:41:45 PM »

24 years ago today  Vixdad and I were in England celebrating our engagement at a party hosted by his Mum in her restaurant  on the Royal Showgrounds at Stoneleigh

That sounds like a very nice way to celebrate ones engagement. :)

George

« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2011, 05:42:22 PM »

And now, I must be off.  I have to feed my sister's cats (she'll be back tomorrow) and go to the theater for our Sunday night performance.  At least, it's our only Sunday night show.  Next week, we don't have a Sunday show because of Easter, but we will have a Saturday night show at midnight.  Two-show days are never easy, but I don't think that I've ever had a midnight show.  I'm sure that it'll be a very loud audience! :D

Until later!

Jane

« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2011, 05:43:25 PM »

Tax return completed (federal).  We have till May 1st for the state return.  Why rush?

(Washington state doesn't have a state return). 

We should have moved to Washington instead of Oregon.  Maybe our next move ;)

You, however, don't have sales tax.

I'll trade. ;)  The people who live in Vancouver, WA have it made.  No income tax at home & they shop over the border.

When we were in Seattle a few years back we found out showing our Oregon driver's license meant we didn't have to pay a sales tax.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up