Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ANNIVERSARY WALTZ  (Read 17294 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE ANNIVERSARY WALTZ
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2004, 05:50:26 PM »

Your pictures are beautiful.  Our fall colors are almost gone here in southern Ohio.  Elmore, when I sweep leaves off the front porch, I always think of Look Homeward, Angel...

DRGinny, that was one fine production and you were quite wonderful in it!

DRJane, you are an artist with a Kodak!

I've heard that Miss Streisand is a handful in the studio, she puts her hand in the arrangements, the playing of the band, the conducting, the mix  . . .
I prefer to work with artists, like Dear Friend BK, who hire people competent at their jobs and let them do it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 05:51:33 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

td

• td
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2004, 05:54:07 PM »

I've heard that Miss Streisand is a handful in the studio, she puts her hand in the arrangements, the playing of the band, the conducting, the mix  . . .
I prefer to work with artists, like Dear Friend BK, who hire people competent at their jobs and let them do it.

In other words, Babs puts her hand in there. . . and twists a little, stirs a little. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2004, 05:54:16 PM »

Ginny yes I do.   :)

td

• td
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2004, 06:00:39 PM »

A Page Five Anniversary Dance. . .I hope. . . ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2004, 06:03:02 PM »

A Page Five Anniversary Dance. . .I hope. . . ;)

That is scary!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2004, 06:04:22 PM »

Evening all!

Wow, has it really been 3 years for the site?  I was thinking that it has been a little over a year since I joined.  And to prove it, I know that showed pictures of last years Farm Festival with the plastic cow you can milk.  

They got a new cow for this years event.  Here is a picture of her.

Jane, what lovely pictures you took.  We don’t have anything like that down here.  Note the palm trees in the background of some of the pictures I took.

I would LOVE to  have one of those puppies.  The bigger the dog, the more better I like it.  The only problem I have is the money to take proper care of another dog.  Two are about all I can afford.  That and I have to think of my Mom.  She’s the one who has to stay home with them all day.  I don’t think she could handle three dogs.  

I do so hope they all find loving homes.

Jrand, Words cannot express how sorry I am about your Sister and Brother-in-law.  I know what it is like—sorta.  I attach very easy and when two friends of mine decided to call it quits, I bawled like a baby.  She later told me of everyone they told, she was most worried about how I would take it.  I couldn’t help myself, I just couldn’t picture one without the other.  Now, sadly, both of them have drifted away.  

I don’t think I can ever tell the real story of how I found HHW.  I’d just like to say that I’m very glad I did.  A real board, with really nice people on it.  I’m so very glad that things I was told on other boards are not true, like “It’s only a board”, “How can you take anything written on a board serious?”.  Maybe that’s true of other boards but not here.  

I’ve said it before and I will say it again.  Bruce, you can be really proud of yourself for coming up with this little oasis in the middle of a dessert called the Internet.  

As tired as I sometimes get, I always make it a point to stop by and read the day to day goings on of all of you.  You’ve made me think.  You’ve made me laugh.  You’ve made me cry.  

Happy Anniversary to you, the board and the people who helped make it what it is.

Gee, I think I’m getting to mushy.  

I’ve got a few pictures to share.  You see, here is the cow I was telling you about.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2004, 06:05:28 PM »

And here is Tampa's version of the Tower of Terror--County Center, where I work.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2004, 06:12:02 PM »

The day turned very dark and gloomy after I took those shots.  It was very nasty by the time I went home.

There was an earthworm on the street, right in the path of where the bus runs.  Poor little thing.  I don't know how it got there in the middle of the street.

Well, I watched for a few minutes and could't stand the thought of it being mushed by a bus so I used an old bus pass I found on the street to pick it up and put it by one the trees on the side walk.  They have a box of dirt for lack of  better word for it that they grow out of.  

I was told I was "crazy" for doing that but I'm not sorry I saved it.    At least I tried.

My own form of animal rescue, I guess.   :)

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2004, 06:16:10 PM »

elmore it is scary, so why did you have to repeat it. ;D

td

• td
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2004, 06:18:18 PM »

With the smiles and the laughs, we could all use a litte scary danssssssssssssssse......macabre, n'est pas?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2004, 06:23:12 PM »

Very interesting Anniversary dance.

Lovely photos DRJANE.  Almost all the leaves are OFF the trees here in Indiana.

Thanks again for the good wishes and vibes from everyone!  I think they are helping.

DRDANISE - Earthworm Rescuer (sounds like a program on Animal Planet)! And a cow on wheels!  Where else on the internet.....

A launch party for WRITERS BLOCK....but wouldn't it more likely be a "preview"?  

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2004, 06:24:02 PM »

Danise you are about as crazy as Keith and I are, and I suspect a few others here.

I especially enjoyed the photo of the cow.  I see why you call the building “the tower of terror”.  I can also see why you don’t enjoy taking the stairs during bomb threats.

I am a fan of big dogs.  Echo was suppose to be much bigger, at least 20 pounds bigger and still small  for her breed.  

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2004, 06:28:53 PM »

We finally did it, gang!
We partayed till the cow(s) came home!

Thank you, DR Danise, for inviting Milky White to the cerebration.  (No, that's not a typo.  It's a pun!  But apt, most apt.)
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2004, 06:35:07 PM »

Hello, fellow dear readers:

I remember the day BK was too busy to write regular notes, so he asked us to write using his style. I searched a long time to find that day. It was on October 5, 2002. Here is my entry:

"Well, dear readers, last night I watched a video of the Donny and Marie Show. The guest stars were Cindy Williams and Bruce Kimmel. Oh, what a fun show. They don't write shows like that any more. Nor do they style hair like that any more. And may I say that Bruce Kimmel looks quite smashing in a sparkling silver tux, in my opinion (IMO in internet lingo).

My, that was a long and pointless paragraph, wasn't it? What the hell am I talking about?

Last night I dreamed I was at Manderley. In my dream, Jason Graae had been hired by a local high school to play the lead in their play. Isn't that just too too? Does anyone know what the ell I'm talking about? Did anyone notice I just typed the word ell instead of hell?

Well, dear readers, I must take the day. I must do the things I do. I must drive around in my automobile transporting able-bodied teenagers wherever they want to go, whist dodging spat-out jelly beans from the back seat.

Today's topic -- Have you ever shoved a jelly bean up your nose? I have not. Your turn. Post away, my pretties.

Posted by Laura @ 10/05/2002 10:44 AM PST"

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2004, 06:36:59 PM »

My, my.  Those letters look like orange sherbet.  Hungry.  And nothing but lemon sorbet, mango sorbet, chocolate ice cream, strawberry cheesecake sorbet, mango ice cream, bananas foster sorbet, Edy's vanilla, and Edy's Special Edition Pumpkin in the house.

In the way of ices, that is.
--Wayland Flowers

Danise

« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2004, 06:37:39 PM »

Hey, (humm, should that be Hay?)  I didn't think about that!  

And here you all think I'm Miss Nice.  I just came over from swooping down out of the clouds to out bid an unwary opponent for a prize I wanted on E-bay!  Ha!  It's MINE I tell you!
 :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2004, 06:41:08 PM »

Good for you, Danise!!!!

Jane

« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2004, 06:41:10 PM »

Good going Danise!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2004, 06:43:52 PM »

DR DANISE - I hope it wasn't a Peter Paul and Mary concert video!

Danise

« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2004, 06:44:05 PM »

Jane, I was told Bear wouldn't grow past my knee but that didn't happen.  

It is a very LONG way down when you have to use the stairs from our floor.  

I shall leave you guessing, Jrand!   ;)

Have good evening all!  Enjoy the party!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 06:45:02 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Emily

« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2004, 06:46:13 PM »

Today I learned that my oh-so-ancient (he's 89 PEOPLE!!!) "Cdn Constitutional History Before 1867" prof's first name is Hereward.  How cool and rare a name is "Hereward"?  The next cat or dog I get that needs naming will be so dubbed...

I also learned today that said prof (who is 89 AND STILL TEACHING THREE CLASSES A SEMESTER WITHOUT T.A.s!!!) is McGill's last faculty/staff member who participated in the Second World War.  Hereward the soldier/professor...

Now THAT is interesting!
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2004, 06:52:57 PM »

WEST SIDE STORY is on again!  I like that movie....and Mr BK's dance instructor David Winters is about the dance and sing COOL......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2004, 06:53:25 PM »

LOL....I hope not DRDANISE...I just added $5 to the bid without knowing.

Jane

« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2004, 06:55:05 PM »

Emily that is interesting.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2004, 06:59:36 PM »

What do you call a group of Hainsies and Kimlets?
A Kritzer.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2004, 07:03:28 PM »

These guys need a home, and a place to cuddle!

der Brucer
These are all girls, each and every one.

I'm the plaid shirt, and she was wonderful to hold.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2004, 07:06:16 PM »

Awww. Puppies.

I miss my dog.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2004, 07:07:07 PM »

Ah!  Since it is nostalgia time:  (Now there's a word for you.  Nostalgia.  It sounds like a nasal disease or something.  Who ever came up with that word, anyway?)

Good morning, dear readers. These notes will have to be short and pithy, because I have things to do and places to go and people to meet and thumbs to twiddle. Now there is a word: twiddle. Who ever thought up such a word, I ask you. It is reserved for thumbs. Can you twiddle your eyes? Can you twiddle your nostrils, or even your toes? No. Thumbs alone can you twiddle. And it just sits there on the page, like the puddle where the poodle made the twiddle. (Sondheim reference.)

What the hell am I talking about?

Last night I dreamed I was at Manderly. I tell a lie. I did not dream that at all. Last night my Joe and I were bemoaning the "New AMC"--American Movie Classics, a U.S. cable channel, for our non-Usonian readers.

The "new AMC" seems to consist of two revisions in the format of said channel: 1) A "classic" is any movie that got big box offic hype in the eighties or nineties; 2) Lots and lots more commercials, on a channel that used to interrupt a film once only in the middle to give viwers a chance to make a puddle or a piddle while they twiddle. Damn them! Damn them all to hell!

But then at midnight or so, we flipped the channel to AMC and there was The Creature from the Black Lagoon, which we both dearly love, despite Mr. Bruce Kimmel's assessment of it as "cheesy". Not nearly as cheesy as the pizza we had the other night.

And then we got up this morning to find them showing Sabrina. The real Billy Wilder Sabrina, not the splashy remake. Still loaded with commercials every ten minutes, but at least a genuine classic. Two and a half hours with the ads. (We started taping in the middle so as to watch it later, since we have things to do and places to go and people to meet.)

So it seems they have relegated the classics to the late night and early morning when nobody is watching anyway, and are devoting prime time to agressively making themselves look like every other cable channel.

Well, enough of this idle chit-chat. I must off. I must do the things I do. I must drive my car about Long Island. I must prepare myself for tomorrow night's gala festivities. But I shall stop in from time to time to check on these here notes.

So do not be errant and truant, or even truant and errant. Post away, my pretties.

Posted by William F. Orr @ 10/05/2002 09:21 AM PST
--Wayland Flowers

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2004, 07:07:08 PM »

And just why do you think that Miss Bette Davis is sporting that LEATHER eye patch? ? ?  td knows these things.
She's toasting the third anniversary, of course!  (If it was just the first anniversary, it would be a paper eye patch.)

Jane

« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2004, 07:34:11 PM »

WFO-LOL

SWW do you know what the puppies are?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up