Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: PUTTING IT TOGETHER  (Read 16208 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:PUTTING IT TOGETHER
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2004, 08:23:03 PM »

Well, I enjoyed ONE, TWO, THREE as much as I remembered, and Cagney's rat-ta-tat performance still is mind boggling. (I forgot the little Red Buttons bit where he imitates Jimmy.)And Jimmy gets to do an Edward G. Robinson impression, too, so it all balances out.

After that was finished, I put in SENSE AND SENSIBILITY and just lost myself in the romantic melodrama of it all. Just love that movie.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2004, 08:27:19 PM »

Have said goodbye to all the Jimmies and the Jimmy DR Jane. (one of the first 45rpm records I bought was "Oh Oh I'm Falling In Love Again"/"The Long Hot Summer".
I am now listening to "Steel Pier". I love this score.
One of my most played OBC Recordings.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Robin

« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2004, 09:02:22 PM »

Well, I enjoyed ONE, TWO, THREE as much as I remembered, and Cagney's rat-ta-tat performance still is mind boggling.

I haven't picked up the deeveedee of One, Two, Three yet, but I will sooner rather than later.  I hadn't seen this movie until it showed up on TCM last year, and I was stunned at how damned funny it was.  

Apparently, though, Cagney thought Horst Buchholz was a horst's ass, and this is the last movie he made before Ragtime, nearly twenty years later.  
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2004, 09:25:58 PM »

I'm cleaning the home environment so it will be spotless for my workblitz tomorrow.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2004, 10:26:15 PM »

Wussburger time...early rising tomorrow.

Have fun!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2004, 10:46:43 PM »

Shayne: Yes, feel free to use the photos.

Pogue: You can give your info to Tammy and she'll take care of it.  I'll talk to you about it tomorrow.

Sad to be all alone in the world.  Where in tarnation IS everyone?  In the land of the WUSSBURGER?

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2004, 11:09:31 PM »

I'm so tired that I had one glass of wine (probably not even a whole glass) and it totally knocked me out.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2004, 11:31:30 PM »

I'm back from the gym.  I kicked myself hard again...but it's getting easier.  That's a good thing, right?  Now I'm hungry.  I had couscous with sundried tomatoes for dinner...it was yummy, but not very much.  Is it bad to eat right after you work out?  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2004, 11:50:51 PM »

Good Evening!

As will BK will undoubtedly state later, we had a good rehearsal tonight.  Lots of fun, and lots of laughter. :D

Well... I think that's all for me tonight... The day caught up with me on the walk back from the Metro station.  And I need to get bed earlier than I did last night - I just stayed up for no real reason whatsoever.

So... Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up