Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A WAIT AND SEE ATTITUDE  (Read 26967 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
A WAIT AND SEE ATTITUDE
« on: July 27, 2004, 12:00:26 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've learned a new word, you've waited and you've seen and now you are ready to post until the wait and see cows come home. :-*
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 12:00:55 AM by bk »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:A WAIT AND SEE ATTITUDE
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 12:51:00 AM »

First post - huzzah!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 12:58:34 AM »

Lunch with Hank Moonjean....gee I thought he worked on THE GREAT GATSBY in 1974, but it is not in his filmography nor the credits for that film.  I just seem to remember seeing his name on the screen and thinking how perfect it was for the subject.   Harvey.........oh Harvey....

Perhpaps....I think is a length of measurement in Nascar racing.  It's the number of laps the cars can make without running into each other.  I don't think it's been used yet.

To relax....I dance...yes...I dance.  I do my own choreography to any number of songs - Mr Nick Redman's soundtrack CD of THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOWBUSINESS is a good one to start with.  There is also something to be said for the soundtrack to 54 - all that disco!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 03:45:05 AM by JRand53 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 12:59:56 AM »

DR DiT - thanks for the photo of lovely Nancy Kwan....her endorsement of Pearls of the Orient was second only to the lovely June (You Too Can Have a Lovely Bust) Wilkinson and the Mark Eden Bust Developer as the most appropriate salespitchwoman.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 01:01:44 AM »

Although....Nancy seemed to have more legit credits:

Nancy Kwan, star of 'Flower Drum Song' and 'The World of Suzie Wong.'

As compared to:

June Wilkinson, star of 'Macumba Love' and 'Twist All Night.'  Of course they forgot "Pajama Tops"....which DRCHARLES POGUE has mentioned here before.

DR EMILY I hope you re-set your alarm clock!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 01:02:46 AM »

JOSE get some sleep!

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 01:10:49 AM »

Perphaps is a building and masonary term. It refers to gap between large stones. The gap is usually plugged by a stone of a different colour and or texture. Perphapsing  is a technique used by many of the nomadic tribes of the Australian hinterland when building their corroboree pavilians.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 01:23:47 AM »

Good Morning!

Sleep?  Who needs sleep?!?!?

-Trust me, I will be getting to bed shortly.  Just winding down, and checking in on things "back home", as it were, via the net.

As for the topic of the day:

"Perhpaps" - adjectival noun: a declension of the phrase "per his pap's"; "according to his father - or father figure".

For example:
-He's not old-fashioned, he just does things perhpaps.
-Once she married John, she tried her best to changes his perhpapsian ways.

Origin: Californian (Los Angeles environs) Yiddish via Brooklyn, New York and vice versa.

Oh, btw, "spaphrep" is "perhpaps" spelled backwards!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 01:28:22 AM »

As for relieving stress...

If it's "biz" related - like a tech week of show - I usually just get some much-needed sleep and/or I veg out in front of the TV.  I would go for a massage, but then if I'm going through a "tension" filled period, it's not really worth it to me since I can't really have the time after the massage to enjoy it.

Now, if I do have the luxury of time, I usually like to get a massage in the morning, and then spend the rest of the day continuing to relax.  Or I'll get a massage at the end of the day, and that helps me sleep better.

Otherwise, it's just a matter of removing myself from the tense situation - going for a walk is general cure all for me.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 01:28:58 AM »

DR Jane - I have to second DR TCB's comment... Your son is a hottie!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 01:33:33 AM »

OH!  And we got the posters for the show tonight!  A LOT OF POSTERS!!!

They look great!

Hmmm... So, let's see... If I charge $5.00 per poster... $20.00 if they're autographed by the cast... $50.00 if they're autographed by myself and BK... Hmm... ;)

Unfortunately, the poster is a bit big to scan... We're supposed to be getting the postcards soon.  I'm sure BK can post a scan of one of those once they're ready.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2004, 01:36:01 AM »

-And it was "nice" finding out that some other DRs don't really like Cold Stone Creamery either.  Again, I like it, but it's not the first place I'd choose to get some ice cream at.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2004, 01:43:15 AM »

Has July seemed like a long month already to any other DRs out there?

I was talking with Tammy earlier, and we both thought the 4th of July seems like ages ago already.

For me, I know part of it was sitting at home doing nothing for the first part of the month.  Then I got the phone call to come out here, and my whole sense of time got skewed again.  -But it's been a great two weeks of rehearsal!  WOW!  Only two weeks of rehearsal!!!

-And tonight's/last night's rehearsal was very good.  I didn't get yelled at as much as I have been lately... well, as much as I've been used to. ;)

Seriously, it's a great cast of people led by a great director.  And if our pace continues like this, I actually sense we might have some "breathing" room once we start tech - at least in the sense we won't be having to teach and learn anything new at the last moment - which is quite a normal thing to deal with when putting up a show.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2004, 01:44:24 AM »

OK!  OK! JRand53 - I'm heading to bed....

But, what may I ask were you doing up so late too?  HUH?!?!?! ;)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2004, 03:48:58 AM »

LOL...well DRJOSE, I am enjoying my last week of NO WORK before starting my new job on Monday....and after thinking about June Wilkinson, I had to watch MACUMBA LOVE.  Quite a piece....of film-making that is.

DRJOSE will you be costumed by the costumer?  What are the costumes of this show all about?  Will there be many changes....what about hats?  Does anyone still wear a hat?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2004, 03:55:39 AM »

And here it is, HHW'ers, perhpaps the most perplexing photograph of Miss Allison Hayes that I own.

I have no idea where she is, what she is doing, or indeed what the matter could possibly be.  I would welcome all suggestions and/or captions  She is holding a bathing cap in her left hand and seems to be defying gravity in a couple of ways.  :o
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 03:59:30 AM by JRand53 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2004, 03:58:25 AM »

I have received a CD from TOMovOZ entitled "Fashion."  I have learned about everything from short shorts to black slacks to polka dot bikinis and sack dresses (you can't do the bop in a sack).  I am also pleased to have learned all about puka puka pants and red feathers and a hulie hulie skirt.

THANKS TOMovOZ!!!

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2004, 05:03:13 AM »

Nancy Kwan's endorsement of Pearls of the Orient was second only to the lovely June (You Too Can Have a Lovely Bust) Wilkinson and the Mark Eden Bust Developer as the most appropriate salespitchwoman.

What about ...

Ben

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2004, 05:21:26 AM »

D-I-T, is that the infamous Rula Lenska?

It will  be hard to top Jose's definition of Perhpaps so I won't try.

I've been busy at work so haven't posted much.

To beat a dead horse, Cold Stone Creamery. I was not impressed. They are on 42nd Street, near the Selwyn (it will always be the Selwyn to me, not the American Airlines Theatre) and there is always a line coming out the door, even in winter. I went in once and when I recovered from the price shock and actually got some ice cream I was disappointed. Yes, it's a big show but not much else. I prefer to go around the corner to 43rd Street and 8th Avenue to the Ben and Jerry's. Besides fulfilling my Ice Cream fix (with better tasting ice cream), I'm helping a nonprofit enterprise which gives jobs to at-risk youth and chronically unemployed. Much better bang for my buck if you ask me.

I'm also busy at home because (wait for it)...

I'm pressing my first CD! Hoo and Ray. As some of you may remember, over the past year and a quarter, I began doing sporadic reviews for a radio station in Cardiff, Wales. It's on a program called Showtime broadcast over BBC-Radio Wales. The spots have turned into an on-going enterprise. Now, usually every other week I'm on the air as part of the BBC. Since April of 2003 I have reviewed 20 different musicals here in New York. I recorded the reviews from the internet and have now burned a CD of those twenty spots. What fun! I never thought 13 years ago when I stopped performing that I would end up with a CD of my reviews broadcast all over the world.

If any DR is interested in having a CD, send me a PM with your address and I'll put one in the mail.

Ben

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2004, 05:22:05 AM »

Or, if you're in New York, we can arrange to meet and I can give you one in person.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2004, 05:56:15 AM »

43rd Street and 8th Avenue Ben and Jerry's. Besides fulfilling my Ice Cream fix (with better tasting ice cream), I'm helping a nonprofit enterprise which gives jobs to at-risk youth and chronically unemployed. Much better bang for my buck if you ask me.

That Common Ground partnership Ben and Jerry's is no longer in operation.

Pehrpaps is one of several Near Eastern classifications of breast size and shape, along with melonmounds, avocadoknockers, and, most famously, casabas.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Ben

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2004, 05:59:34 AM »

It's closed for renovations according to the sign. I was in the neighborhood this weekend. I know that sometimes renovation signs in New York mean out of business but I'll wait and see if they really have closed up or are just sprucing up the joint.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2004, 06:04:57 AM »

Yes, it's the notorious Rula. And I just learned she (a) is "a genuine Polish conuntess," and (b) has a filmography.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2004, 07:07:04 AM »

Good Morning. Last night I was so tired that at around 10:30 I became an incoherent (not incontinent) mess. My daughter, who thought I was hilarious as I stumbled around, is a witness. By around 10:45, I was asleep. Which is why I didn't do my usual late night posts. :P

Today will be fairly busy as DD and I prepare for what may or my not be an auspicious occasion. Tonight is the big premiere. As I haven't seen the movie since the director's cut and as hands other than mine have "added input" I make no predictions. It should be a fun occasion for DD, at any rate. The evening marks not only the premiere of the film, but also a celebration of 50 Disney Channel originals, so there should be lots of celebs that DD likes on hand. She's a fan of the Disney Channel films.  

Panni

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2004, 07:07:57 AM »

Perhpaps: An iffy pap smear.

(I had to modify the post because I spelled "perhpaps" incorrectly.)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 07:13:23 AM by Panni »

MBarnum

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2004, 07:18:51 AM »

Oh BK I will be most curious what you think of the two THUNDERBIRDS movies. I LOVE the TV series but I could not get through THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO. I have not yet seen THUNDERBIRDS 6.

Another THUNDERBIRDS dvd was released a few weeks back...a BEST OF THUNDERBIRDS which has several fan favorite episodes...all for just $15!

I wonder how the new movie will be?

Ben

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2004, 07:30:18 AM »

Not to dish a show before it opens but poor Dracula seems to have more than it's share of problems. First technical problems and now a water leak at the Belasco. Perhaps David Belasco is trying to tell them something (his ghost has been rumored to haunt the theatre).

Here's a link to the Playbill On-Line article.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/87570.html

Also, there seems to have been a change in casting for the TV version of Once Upon a Matress. It was supposed to star Marissa Jaret Winokur but now Tracy Ullman is said to be the new Princess Winifred. Carol Burnett is still scheduled to be in the production.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/87567.html

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2004, 08:10:39 AM »

I want a CD Ben - I will PM my address!

DRPANNI that is so exciting....if E! Television is there be sure to flash your tube top as you go by and wave at us!

Rula Lenska....a real Polish countess...of course.  Alberto V05....she is serene of course, not royal.

Nobody mentioned Lawrence Welk yesterday, unless I missed it.  We had a LOT of his albums on Coral....I think Liberace was on Coral for awhile, too.

No comments yet on Miss Allison's picture.  Stunned I imagine....all of the DR's are stunned!

You know Frances Farmer did GOLDEN BOY at the Belasco - maybe she is haunting the place!  Does it smell like cigarettes and vodka?

MB I saw the preview for the Thunderbirds movie and I have mixed feelings about it.  I love the episodes on the TECH Channel with the popups - but I can't tell the tone of the movie from the preview.  TWT.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2004, 08:11:08 AM »

MS - who is your new avatar picture?  I can't tell!

Panni

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2004, 08:21:06 AM »

Ben - Forgot to say congratulations!

Jrand - I've decided on off-white slacks and a sort of chiffony (is there such a word?) black top with some decolletage. Give those mice something to look at. I shall try and post a photo before leaving for the do.
There will, BTW, be lots of Navy people there. We had, as they say, the full cooperation of the Navy in the filming of this opus. I cruised around on the Constellation myself and even have a cap to prove it. An idea - perhaps I should wear my Constellation cap with my outfit. (The cap is black, natch.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up