Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BRIEFS  (Read 15679 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:BRIEFS
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2004, 08:58:43 AM »

DRMATTH I will have to think some on your question when I get home.

SHOWGIRLS - oh my eyes, my eyes - can you borrow the pasties from someone who has the DVD BOX SET.

DR MS - HERE'S LUCY is the only Lucille Ball series that is owned by Lucille Ball Productions-desilu, too - her estate and kids.  It is a handsomely produced set.

I LOVE LUCY was purchased outright by CBS and I think it is now controlled by VIACOM and/or Paramount.

There are a some episodes of THE LUCY SHOW that have fallen into public domain and some sets of these are available from companies like Madacy - with different intro music (they have done the same with episodes of BONANZA and THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES).

I LOVE LUCY the complete second season will be released later this month!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2004, 09:00:32 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!   ;D

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2004, 09:11:08 AM »

If she's wearing silk and satin,
She can flatten Lord Mountbatten,
If she's wearing silk and satin, satin and silk.

Sorry, Cole, but I prefer cotton.

Danise

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2004, 09:15:01 AM »

I have to go.   I need to do the usual shopping.   There has to be goodies in the house for the dogs if nothing else.

Have a good day all!  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2004, 09:22:53 AM »

She of the Evil Eye is here and I must away for a short time, but I, like General MacArthur, shall return.

Looks like we'll have a decent-sized house tonight - we're three quarters full and there's still all day left for people to book.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2004, 09:59:13 AM »

At the time it was first leaked, Miss Shields WAS just a rumor.  Glad it's confirmed - although I don't really think she'll help the box office.  The Weisslers are, of course, producers of the "never say die" philosophy.

Didn't the Weisslers produce the Rosie O'Donnell (as Rizzo) production of Grease and didn't they cast Brooke Shields as a replacement for Rosie and didn't they release a "newer" cast recording of Grease starring Brooke Shields??  Do you think they'd do the same...release a "newer" cast recording of Wonderful Town to help drum up business??  Would it help? ::)

And I can't imagine that Brooke has the voice to be able to do Eileen.  I would assume that she would be a young(ish) Ruth.  

As for the Topic of the Day (a joke):
Bob Dole was asked, "Boxers or briefs?"  He answered, "Hmm...Depends."  ;)

I too prefer the comfort of boxer-briefs.  And since Costco carries them, I'm able to get them more cheaply than anywhere else..significantly cheaper!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2004, 10:01:20 AM »

Well, I must get ready to leave for Portland!!  I just need to take a shower, get a camera from my sister's, go to my friend Margo's house because we're going to the Antiques Roadshow together.  Although we're taking separate cars.  So, Jeff, Mike and Jane, SEE YOU SOON!! ;D ;D ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2004, 10:04:15 AM »

In a little while I'll be uploading a new picture of me, this time without a mustache. Due to some auditions that are upcoming over the next couple of months, I thought it better to be clean shaven for them. Once they are over and life gets back to normal, I'll put back up the other picture.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2004, 10:07:57 AM »

I agree. Brooke Shields is all wrong for Ruth. For one, she's supposed to be on the homely side of attractive. I guess they're letting her do it because it doesn't take a powerhouse singer. She'd be personally better suited for Eileen, but I'm sure she couldn't sing that.

The Weisslers are known for their star casting, regardless of said star's rightness for a role. Yuck! Doesn't often make for good theater.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2004, 10:13:45 AM »

Very nice MattH!

I will have a new avatar soon as well....because soon I will change identities and become Jrand54!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2004, 10:20:02 AM »

I've been a boxer guy for about ten years.  I have a few pair of boxer briefs but they feel a little strange to me.  

And nothing beats a pair of flannel boxers on a cold winter's day.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2004, 10:22:46 AM »

DR Matt!  Very nice!  I like!

JRand, you are going to re-christen yourself and loose your high-post count and godhood?!?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2004, 10:23:28 AM »

Thank you, DR JRand. Looking forward to your avatar's sex change operation!  :D

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2004, 10:26:18 AM »

Thank you, DR Dan-t-M.

Flannel boxers? Don't think I've ever had any. I've had a flannel nightshirt before and lots of flannel shirts, of course.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2004, 10:39:41 AM »

I am about to reorganize my CD collection, which is not my favorite task.  I have a bad habit of taking out CD I want to play and then not putting them immediately back in place.  I wind up piling them atop my CD bookcase in mixed-up stacks.  In the mean time, the CD that are still in the bookcase are slipping out of order as CDs that are beneath them are pulled out.  So it's a mess that I have to re-do every six months or so.

LPs were so much easier to keep in order.  You pulled one out to play and then easily slipped it back into place.  New LPs could be squeezed into their proper alphabetized place.  And if the shelf was getting tight, it was a simple matter to take two or three LPs from the end of the shelf and shuffle them down to the next.

CDs are another matter.  Their odd dimensions don't make for space-efficient stacking either horizontally or upright.  and once they are stacked, they are tight as sardines so pulling one out is not always an easy trick.  And putting them back can be a bigger pain, which is why I get lazy about it.  

Ah, well--on to it...
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2004, 10:40:45 AM »

DR Matt--you lost your door!
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2004, 10:48:35 AM »

DR Matt--you lost your door!

How sweet of you to notice!  :D

I originally meant to smooth that out to make just a blue background and in my haste forgot to do it, so I went back and made some adjustments.

Panni

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2004, 10:57:12 AM »

Matt H - You look quite different with the mustache! Gives you sort of an air of devil-may-care insouciance.

My first producer-mentor, when I was writing sitcoms, a wonderful man who died too young some years ago, wore a goatee. He was quite a handsome, distinguished-looking  chap, and in all the years we worked together I never saw him without facial hair. Well, one Monday morning I show up at the production office and in he walks -- bare-faced. And he looked terrible! And he knew he looked terrible. He had no chin to speak of and his face looked quite weak. All of this had been hidden by the goatee. I burst our laughing - couldn't help myself. (We were great friends as well as colleagues, so it was okay to laugh.)
"Jack! Why did you do it??" I gasped between guffaws.
Turns out that when he was shaving that morning, he decided to even out an uneven bit of the goatee. Well, once he did that, the other side was not quite right, and once he did that... You get the picture. It was such a mess finally  that he had to shave off the whole thing.
...Sorry for the long ramble, but your sudden lack of mustache reminded me. (And, unlike my dear Jack, you look fine, Matt H.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 11:20:19 AM by Panni »

MBarnum

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2004, 11:03:35 AM »

JRand53 (soon to be JRand54), wonderful review of the Here's Lucy DVD set! Hmmm...I am really thinking I must get it...and there is a second Rhodes Reason episode on it as well called "The Matchmaker."

MattH, keep a look-out for Matt Battaglia in SHOWGIRLS! He plays a bad guy. Not my favorite role of his.

I am now listening to THE BEST OF LYNN ANDERSON..."I never promised you a rose garden..."

MBarnum

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2004, 11:05:04 AM »

Looking forward to the HHW get together tonight! And I understand there may be a special visit from a certain mid-west DR!

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2004, 11:08:57 AM »

Thank you, Panni. I DESPISE the way I look without facial hair, but for certain roles, it's necessary that I be without it. My mother always loathed the way I looked WITH a mustache, and while she was alive, she was always on me to shave it off.

I've gone the goatee route myself, and I think I look like Satan. I don't think I've got any pictures of me with one or I'd show you what I mean.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 11:10:02 AM by Matt H. »

td

• td
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2004, 11:19:59 AM »

Oh! MattH!  You are a handsome devil with or without the stache!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2004, 11:44:43 AM »

Back from my walk. Almost every day I'm seeing dead crows (one in my driveway this morning). West Nile. Yikes!

Did the Dead Crow say where the rest of his band was?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2004, 11:49:57 AM »

"Here is my belief, in brief:"

When doing research for my musical, The Company of Women, I discovered that the word "panties" is used exceedingly rarely by women to describe their own unmentionables.  So, out went a whole bunch of potential rhymes for the SEXtet.

New underwear, like new shoes - inevitably irritate me.  I believe I've some undiagonosed allergy to elastic, as wastebands seem to hate me.  And yet, I prefer the "support" of a brief.  Put delicately (but clearly), I don't want anything sticking to the side of my thigh, especially in weather like this.  So no boxers, although I've been known to wear silk boxers to bed.  And these new-fangled boxer-brief things?  Well, they simply don't fit me, as they're sold by waste measurement and I'm way too big... in my thighs.  (What were you thinking?)

But, them being new-fangled, I can't say I've given a pair the 100 wearings and washings they need to get truly comfortable.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

MBarnum

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2004, 12:17:00 PM »

Hmmmm...I  wear briefs, preferring the Merona brand/style sold at Target, but since the style I liked  have been discontinued I buy 2X or whatever they are called. I do have some boxers which I wear only when that is all that is left which is usually just before washing day!

I had some boxer briefs but just didn't care for them.

Panni

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2004, 12:22:08 PM »

Today is the perfect day to once again post (for the third time - no one seemed to notice the first two attempts) this totally juvenile bit of Latin "humor" which we thought was a hoot in my high school Latin days. For those of you who know some Latin, just translate each word and say it out loud:
                   SEMPER UBI SUB UBI.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 12:23:11 PM by Panni »

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2004, 12:32:25 PM »

Shouldn't Dear Readers be posting photographs of themselves in their favorite undergarments?
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2004, 12:33:25 PM »

Today is the perfect day to once again post (for the third time - no one seemed to notice the first two attempts) this totally juvenile bit of Latin "humor" which we thought was a hoot in my high school Latin days. For those of you who know some Latin, just translate each word and say it out loud:
                   SEMPER UBI SUB UBI.

"Semper" I know.  Help me here with "ubi" and "sub," Dear Reader Panni.

Jay

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2004, 12:41:25 PM »

A carryover post from yesterday:  the sixth CD in my player that I couldn't remember was ABBA Gold.

Which is academic, as I've put a new batch of CDs into the player:

Act III of Wagner's Die Walkure

Melissa Manchester's Tribute album

Enesco's Roumanian Rhapsody No. 1 and Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsodies Nos. 1-6

Carly Simon's My Romance album

Symphony No. 1 by Brahms

Sarah Vaughan's Golden Hits album

Panni

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2004, 12:41:52 PM »

"Semper" I know.  Help me here with "ubi" and "sub," Dear Reader Panni.

But if I help you, DR Jay, that takes all the fun out of it! I can't believe that there isn't anyone among the DRs who knows some very basic Latin. A clue: it has to do with the TOD.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up