Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE UNSEEMLY HUM  (Read 12930 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:THE UNSEEMLY HUM
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2004, 05:44:27 PM »

I am trying to go through as many posts as I can, but can someone tell me if Danise and Michael Shayne made it through all the hurricanes unscathed???

They're fine.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2004, 05:46:21 PM »

It was on again two nights ago. I don't see it listed on the 30th as was mentioned, but I'll let you know if I see something.

Damn!  Just my luck.  Thanks, Panni.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2004, 05:47:11 PM »

Bogie doesn’t feel well at all.  I’m going to take the new soft, gel ice pack I purchased today for my back and keep him company.

Dan (the Man) that was me, and TIGER CRUISE was on September 20th.   Yes, my back is still hurting from moving the TV.  Keith had the carpet installer help him put it back.  I wouldn’t want one of those chairs but I did make an appointment for a massage on Monday.

Danise and Michael Shayne are safe.  MS went to L.A. during his big hurricane. :D

I must go.  TCB I'm so sorry I can't stay and visit with you.  :(

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2004, 05:49:56 PM »

Good to see you TCB.

Panni

« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2004, 05:50:30 PM »

PAGE FIVE DANCE!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2004, 05:50:31 PM »

Get better soon, Jane.........and Bogie, too!
[/color]

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2004, 05:52:31 PM »

Good to see you TCB.

Good to see you also, Dear Mr. in-Toronto!!!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2004, 05:54:43 PM »

Well, I am glad that on the day that I am here, we, at least, managed to exceed 121 posts!!!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2004, 05:56:20 PM »

Someone apparently forgot to shake her pom-poms on Moving Day.
“One thing’s universal,

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2004, 05:56:20 PM »

It's not the same here without you, TCB.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2004, 06:00:07 PM »

It's not the same here without you, TCB.

Thanks, Dan, I am trying to stir up as much trouble as I can in the brief (or boxer) time I am here.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2004, 06:16:32 PM »

TCB, someone recently mentioned on here that Tiger Cruise will be on again on Sept 30.  Hopefully, my sister will tape it for me again, this time without missing the first 25 minutes.

I taped it and if I still have it, I could make a copy for you.  I'll check at home tonight.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2004, 06:30:03 PM »

It was on again two nights ago. I don't see it listed on the 30th as was mentioned, but I'll let you know if I see something.

Damn!  Just my luck.  Thanks, Panni.

For you too, TCB. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2004, 06:32:07 PM »

I am also one who prefers the original versions of Star Wars #s IV, V and VI (and I have the remastered original versions on video).  However, there's an article on CNN.com (and everywhere else, I'm sure) where GL explains why he doesn't want to release the old versions.  Click HERE to read the full article.  It's very informative and I can totally understand his side of it...I don't agree ::), but I understand.  Here's a quote from the article:

Q: Why not release both the originals and special editions on DVD?

LUCAS: The special edition, that's the one I wanted out there. The other movie, it's on VHS, if anybody wants it. ...

I'm not going to spend the, we're talking millions of dollars here, the money and the time to refurbish that, because to me, it doesn't really exist anymore. It's like this is the movie I wanted it to be, and I'm sorry you saw half a completed film and fell in love with it. But I want it to be the way I want it to be.

He goes on:

I'm the one who has to take responsibility for it. I'm the one who has to have everybody throw rocks at me all the time, so at least if they're going to throw rocks at me, they're going to throw rocks at me for something I love rather than something I think is not very good, or at least something I think is not finished.
And I've heard him referred to elsewhere as Darth Lukas.  Fitting, I think.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2004, 06:33:47 PM »

AOL wouldn't let me post yesterday.  So, in a nutshell:

I don't like windchimes.  There's always one that is just a little out of tune, and gets on my nerves.

I like windsocks and banners.  They're colorful, and quieter.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2004, 06:38:25 PM »

As for kitchen tables, I love mine.  Custom made, and worth it.

Step one: der B and I put boxes in the center of the kitchen, where the table would go.  This gave us an idea of how movement in the kitchen would change with the table in place.

Step two: We got the height worked out just right.  I'm tall, so I needed a taller table.  I figure a short person would be more comfortable with a shorter table.

Step three: We found a dealer who could work with the factory on getting the table made right.  And he did!  The first try, the table wasn't the right height at all (a mis-measurement), and the dealer was able to get them to correct it correctly on the second try.  Much better than having to argue with the factory ourselves.

If you can find exactly the right table at a store, from what they have in stock, fine.  But don't blame me if it isn't exactly what you want.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2004, 06:39:40 PM »

Re Lost: interesting start for the show.  But it may take a few weeks to grow on me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2004, 06:46:56 PM »

The Unseemly Hum is gone - something to do with a ground wire the Direct TV people hooked up - it did something to the subwoofer and my Wiring Man used a grounded plug on the subwoofer and now all is well with the world and I am happily watching The General.  In about an hour I'll be having a massage, my first in over nine or ten months.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2004, 08:11:11 PM »

I found LOST to be a terrific action drama. I guess it's going to be a bit JURASSIC PARK, but that's OK. I still found it very entertaining. And someone spend a great deal of money on this. The sound effects were as booming, rumbling, and powerful as any top tier action film. My subwoofer was rumbling through a great deal of the show.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Panni

« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2004, 08:11:25 PM »

I'm catching up on paperwork and mail. Not quite as relaxing as a massage. TV is on in the bg.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2004, 08:13:59 PM »

CSI: NY, however, I was not especially impressed with. The case wasn't the greatest (always a problem with a heavily plot-based shows like the CSIs are). I love Gary Sinese as an actor, but his character is so morose and sterile that I found the show decidedly hard to warm to.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2004, 08:23:30 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, I'm digging my new digs right off the "Miracle Mile".  -And I have to say those Metro Rapid busses along Wilshire just seem to come along whenever you just look at the bus stop!  It's a nice neighborhood, and I didn't realize I was just a few blocks away from the Museum District and the La Brea Tar Pits.  I shall be spending my day tomorrow culturally enriching myself.

As for today, well, I just enriched myself.  First it was the tamales and pupusas from the street vendors.  Then it was some baked goods from the bakery around the corner - including a slice of pistachio(!) bundt cake.  Then it was a short bus ride up La Brea to Melrose in order to get to Pink's.  Another stop on my tour of L.A.'s culinary landmarks.

Since it was my first time at Pink's, I got the "traditional" chili-cheese dog, as well as a chili-dog with kraut.  And a Grape Crush to wash it all down.  So good!  <burp>

I don't know how someone could get down some of their specialty dogs.  The combination of toppings and just the sheer amount of food.  WOW!?!?!?

http://www.pinkshollywood.com

Then I walked up the street a few blocks, caught the 212 Bus to Hollywood and walked around for a bit.  And I took some pictures this time.  I finally realized that it would be my last free night in Hollywood (this time round).  And since the air was nice and dry and clear today/tonight, I was able to get some nice pics of the Hollywood Hills.

It was a very nice walk, and the street was too crowded tonight either.  And the cool evening air was/is very nice too.

Well, time for me to tend to some stuff...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2004, 08:26:06 PM »

...PBS is showing a special on the Presidential Scholar in the Arts program.  There's lots of footage of the Kennedy Center rehearsal halls... -I'm getting homesick... :(

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2004, 08:42:53 PM »

I wasn't crazy about Lost, but I will give it another chance.

I liked Matthew Fox (from Party of Five). ANd I liked the girl he was with.  But there were just too many characters that meant nothing.

And also I hate the monster on the island aspect.  I could care less about some evil creature.  I'd rather see the relationships.  If we have to watch week after week of some creature attacking them, I will not be happy.

George

« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2004, 09:50:17 PM »

I agree, Jennifer.  I'd rather see a show about how a bunch of realistically portrayed people stranded on a deserted island handle is without it turning into "Gilligan's Island."  And when the people saw the trees disappearing VERY quickly, wouldn't some of the totally freaked out?  That sort of thing just doesn't happen in rea life!

But I will admit (as usual) that Matthew Fox and Dominic Monaghan are nice to look at. ;)

George

« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2004, 09:51:03 PM »

And Dan-The-Man and TCB (and anyone else, actually), I still have my tape of "Tiger Cruise."  If you want copies, let me know.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 09:51:20 PM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2004, 10:05:22 PM »

Just had a marvelously marvelous massage and now I think I shall try the hot tub.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2004, 11:40:06 PM »

I've seen WUSSBURGERS before but this takes the cake - no posts in almost two count them two hours.  Oh, well, I'm too relaxed to do any bitch-slapping, but skammen nonetheless.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up