Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: STUFFED KISHKA  (Read 30036 times)

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
Re:STUFFED KISHKA
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2008, 10:46:00 AM »

I guess I'll put in an IDOL spoiler though I think it's silly since the news was all over the newspapers and internet this morning

IDOL SPOILER-ish

I don't know if anybody has kept track of this kind of information, but at this point, isn't any American Idol contestant who winds up in the bottom-three DOOMED to be voted off eventually? In other words, has any previous American Idol winner ever found him/herself in the bottom three during the weeks of Top 12 through Top Four? I mean, it's all well and good if a Carly or a Jason narrowly escape being voted off for another week. But since all but ONE are destined to go bye-bye, aren't they just fooling themselves, and us?

Ramiele and David are obviously getting a lot of votes for being cute. But Ramiele is a better singer, I think. Her performance wasn't up to par last week, but the poor kid was sick. Don't worry, she'll be voted off eventually. My favorite right now is Brooke, but I doubt she'll be going all the way either.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:47:06 AM by BrettySpaghetti »

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »

The Oregonian has no more pertinent news to report than first section weekly updates on whoever the AI finalist from rural Oregon is.  I have no interest whatsoever.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2008, 10:50:39 AM »

I heard a little bit about it, but what was his question?

IMHO, It is all rather silly.

"Miss Clinton was asked by Evan Strange, who works for the student newspaper, whether the Lewinsky scandal had damaged her mother's credibility as a candidate."

Chelsea’s response:
"Wow, you're the first person actually that's ever asked me that question in the, I don't know maybe, 70 college campuses I've now been to, and I do not think that is any of your business,"

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2008, 10:52:44 AM »

Hello.

FEEL-BETTER VIBES to TD.

CONGRATS to VIXMOM on her impressive weight loss.

Glad to see that DR LAURA has survived her in-laws' visit and is still with us.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2008, 10:53:36 AM »

I have nothing else to report.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2008, 10:54:09 AM »

Oh, I am doing laundry.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2008, 10:56:17 AM »

TOD - the DP and I have been changing our eating lifestyle since mid-January and I can happily say that there has not been much - or ANY junk food (according to DR Jose's standards) in our home, cars, or mouths (for that matter!) since then.  I've been to Taco Bell twice since January but no other fast food place.  Although, Subway is a staple in our diet now, but that SO does not count!  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2008, 11:01:51 AM »

Just worried that she's hurting her mom's campaign

I don't see Chelsea's reaction to that question as a negative.  

First, she's stumping for her mom, but she's not campaign manager or on her mom's election staff.  She's stumping as "daughter" of the candidate.

As daughter of the candidate, I do believe she has the right to discriminate about which questions to her are appropriate and which are not.

When she "stumps", for instance, she doesn't answer  questions from the omnipresent media.  I give her serious props for that.  I realize the question about Lewinsky was from a student reporter, but he was part of the constituency she was reaching out to.

The question asked of her was about the impact her mother's handling of the Lewinsky affair might have on her.  Aside from it being totally a jejune question to ask of the former first daughter, the implication here is that her mother "handled" the affair in a way that was "public" and was, somehow, the business of the public. NEITHER is applicable, IMO.  We have no idea what went on between Bill and Hillary.  We know that she stood by Bill and that is all we know.

I think it was a very rude thing for anyone to ask anyone's daughter.  To mention Monica Lewinsky to Chelsea as though Lewinsky had any bearing on Hillary's campaign (she doesn't to my way of thinking and any attempts to put her there are a bit "much", as well) was dumb.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:13:03 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

BrettySpaghetti

• The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2008, 11:02:15 AM »

IMHO, It is all rather silly.

"Miss Clinton was asked by Evan Strange, who works for the student newspaper, whether the Lewinsky scandal had damaged her mother's credibility as a candidate."

Chelsea’s response:
"Wow, you're the first person actually that's ever asked me that question in the, I don't know maybe, 70 college campuses I've now been to, and I do not think that is any of your business,"

I think it's more a matter of the question being irrelevant than "not his/her business." The student wasn't asking what kind of underwear Chelsea was wearing. She should have just said, "No" and got out.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2008, 11:05:13 AM »

IDOL SPOILER-ish

I don't know if anybody has kept track of this kind of information, but at this point, isn't any American Idol contestant who winds up in the bottom-three DOOMED to be voted off eventually? In other words, has any previous American Idol winner ever found him/herself in the bottom three during the weeks of Top 12 through Top Four? I mean, it's all well and good if a Carly or a Jason narrowly escape being voted off for another week. But since all but ONE are destined to go bye-bye, aren't they just fooling themselves, and us?

Ramiele and David are obviously getting a lot of votes for being cute. But Ramiele is a better singer, I think. Her performance wasn't up to par last week, but the poor kid was sick. Don't worry, she'll be voted off eventually. My favorite right now is Brooke, but I doubt she'll be going all the way either.

YEs....several weeks ago, Ryan asked Paula what she thought of the bottom three and Paula said she had never seen a bottom three with such talented people.  First of all, I have no memory of who the bottom three were that night.  But Paula is remarkably free of any memory regarding her tenure on "American Idol."

In Season 3, we had a bottom three consisting of Fantasia, Latoya London and Jennifer Hudson.  Each had sung beautifully the night before.  Each had received high marks from the judges the night before.  I also think it was the first time any of them had been in the bottom three.  That was the night Jennifer Hudson went home.  Some really weak singers were "safe" that night and not one of them has matched Jennifer's subsequent success.

Fantasia, however, went on to win that season's title.

I don't think last year's winner...Taylor Hicks...ever was in the bottom three (no matter how I prayed for it).   Carrie Underwood was never in bottom three, although her runner-up, Bo Bice, was in there once.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:09:20 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2008, 11:06:31 AM »

I dunno. I agree with Chelsea. It's no one's business.

And I am glad I do not watch tv.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2008, 11:09:23 AM »

I think it's more a matter of the question being irrelevant than "not his/her business." The student wasn't asking what kind of underwear Chelsea was wearing. She should have just said, "No" and got out.

I agree.  

I hadn't been paying her any attention until this & was surprised to find how good she is looking these days.

singdaw

« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2008, 11:11:39 AM »

And I am glad I do not watch tv.

And we're glad that you're glad!   :D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2008, 11:14:40 AM »

And we're glad that you're glad!   :D

He speaks only for himself, DearReaderLaura.  I, for one, am devastated you do not watch TV.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2008, 11:15:02 AM »

Good morning, good day, how are you this beautiful day?  I am up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2008, 11:15:38 AM »

Singdaw, it's actually various and sundried - don't know why I haven't used that in a while, but I'd been using it for years.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2008, 11:19:23 AM »

Reading about Chelsea I have become interested in Meghan McCain.  DR Laura I think she will be more to your liking.

But Meghan McCain, 23, steers clear of politics and instead fills her blogs with fashion and make-up tips and happily describes herself as "an airhead".
Blogging about a recent trip to the White House, she told her readers: "Before there are any peanut gallery comments, no it didn't feel like a 'home'. At home, I lounge around in sweatpants. We met Mrs Bush and Jenna who gave us a tour.
"It is everything people say it is and more. Just truly, absolutely breathtaking.
"However, I do think it’s in need of some modern art. I was an art history major after all and love everything Andy Warhol has done - there should be one in the White House!"

singdaw

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2008, 11:20:04 AM »

it's actually various and sundried

Of course!  That works so much better.  Thank you!  :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2008, 11:25:40 AM »

Oh, I am doing laundry.

Clorox wishes and fabric softener dreams, then....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2008, 11:27:29 AM »

Well...

Since no one got there before me...

Yes, I'm sure you will be very accommodating!    8)

He could take lessons from you on the art of being accommodious, could he not!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2008, 11:30:19 AM »

Was anyone as surprised as I was last night when Kristy Lee Cook WASN'T in the bottom three for the first time this season?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2008, 11:31:59 AM »

I remembered DR Jennifer's comment yesterday about some dress a former contestant was to wear last night.

I saw the dress...and it looked a tad "strange" to me...especially atop the bosoms where it looked like she tucked it in or something.  From the draping, it seems to have been done by Rami Kashou (sp?).  But I don't actually remember if it was his or not.

singdaw

« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »

Clorox wishes and fabric softener dreams, then....

DR Ron Pulliam -  moonlighting at Hallmark, again?   :)

singdaw

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2008, 11:37:18 AM »

He could take lessons from you on the art of being accommodious, could he not!

I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about.

I am chaste.

Chaste, I tell you.

But if I'm not pure, at least my jewels are!

FJL

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2008, 11:38:36 AM »

Again, I speak as someone who would  love to see Hillary Clinton as President.  But I think the question of Senator Clinton's judgment (in going very public and even somehow coining the expression "vast right wing conspiracy" for the Lewinsky allegations) seems like everybody's business who has to decide whether to vote for her.  

Is it a tasteful question to ask of a now-28-year-old daughter who is putting herself out there for the purpose of promoting her mother's campaign and one would assume her mother's qualifications as a potential President?  That I don't know, but I think the subject certainly is the "business" of the voter in evaluating Senator Clinton's judgment.  

I wouldn't like many of my judgment calls to be scrutinized, but then, i would never run for public office.  And I think I would never put myself out there and under scrutiny the way Chelsea Clinton has, either.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:41:27 AM by FJL »

singdaw

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2008, 11:40:31 AM »

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2008, 11:41:09 AM »

I wanted to be productive today, but instead my allergies are all in an uproar so I am going to lounge on my couch and watch this thrilling Bollywood jungle adventure SHIKAR (1968) starring Dharmendra, Asha Parekh, Johnny Walker, Helen, and Sanjeev Kumar.

And for those who are brave enough...a romantic song and dance between the hero, the heroine, and a jeep!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6sGZN42yoo&feature=related
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:42:38 AM by MBarnum »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2008, 11:41:44 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam -  moonlighting at Hallmark, again?   :)

Audtioning for a reality show on doing laundry!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2008, 11:42:51 AM »

I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about.

I am chaste.

Chaste, I tell you.

But if I'm not pure, at least my jewels are!

Who around here is chasting you?

BrettySpaghetti

• The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2008, 11:42:53 AM »

YEs....several weeks ago, Ryan asked Paula what she thought of the bottom three and Paula said she had never seen a bottom three with such talented people.  First of all, I have no memory of who the bottom three were that night.  But Paula is remarkably free of any memory regarding her tenure on "American Idol."

Heh.

OK, I did a little research on this.

SEASON ONE: Winner Kelly Clarkson was never in the Bottom Three.

SEASON TWO: Winner Ruben Studdard was never in the Bottom Three, but significantly, was in the Bottom Two three weeks before the end (in a field of five).

SEASON THREE: Winner Fantasia Barrino was in the Bottom Three five weeks before the end of the competition (field of six).

SEASON FOUR: Winner Carrie Underwood was never in the Bottom Three.

SEASON FIVE: Winner Taylor Hicks was never in the Bottom Three.

SEASON SIX: Winner Jordin Sparks was never in the Bottom Three.

So what have we learned? In six years, there has been only one time where the winner of the competition was clearly not the front-runner in a field of six. At this point, we have a field of nine. Thus, if the trend from previous seasons continues, Carly, Kristi Lee, Syesha and Jason are certainly toast. Barring some kind of miracle, there is really no way any of them can win.

My money would be on Michael Johns or David Cook to survive until Top Three. I hope Brooke White can last that long as well. As far as I'm concerned, she is already the winner!

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:43:33 AM by BrettySpaghetti »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up