Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BOLLOCKS  (Read 19014 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:BOLLOCKS
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2004, 04:54:24 PM »

And one for Mahler!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2004, 04:56:32 PM »

Actually, I must be off, errant and even truant, for the rest of the evening.  I'm going to a Seattle Storm women's basketball game with a co-worker.  My niece was supposed to go, but she had gum (BubbleYum) surgery and she's been having problems with her ears.  They're becoming much, much, much (that's three muches) too sensitve to sound.  So, I'll be taking her camera and taking pictures, while she sits home and listens to the game on the Internet.  Have a good evening all!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 04:57:13 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2004, 04:56:41 PM »

Thank you for the Françoise Hardy pictures François. Of course as MBarnum would know, she featured one year at Eurovision and had a top ten hit here in OZ with "Only You Can Do It"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2004, 04:58:14 PM »

I've been going over the script for tomorrow - I cannot believe how much dialogue there is - it never stops.

MBarnum

« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2004, 05:01:35 PM »

I would actually not mind trying Haggis!

Media Check:

CD: Bombay Dreams courtesy of DR Jason

VCR: Assorted Warner Bros. crime shows.

DVD: Strike Me Deadly (1963), and The Madarin Mystery (1936)...both surprisingly good.

And the Bollywood movie this week:

KANYADAAN.
Plot: A pointy nosed man meets a woman with enormous hair. They fall in love, dance a bit, sing a lot, and things happen.

MBarnum

« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2004, 05:05:35 PM »

Well, actually this will be a two Bollywood weekend. I happend to start watching this one last night. It is sort of a Gods vs. Demons, fantasy, action, Matrix sort of thing with lots of computer special effects...I really don't know how to describe it. I loved the soundtrack so took a chance on the movie. It isn't too bad although it isn't the sort of thing I would normally choose to watch. But it has a couple of actors in it that I really like so that helps.

RUDRAKSH

Tomovoz

« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2004, 05:07:41 PM »

At least you can never run out of Bollywood movies DR MBarnum.
I prefer your "best of" Cds to the score of Bombay Dreams.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Robin

« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2004, 05:16:48 PM »

Men in Skirts!

You can see that every night at some of the bars I go to.
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2004, 05:17:37 PM »

I'm off to the opera, Dear Readers.  On tonight's bill:  Le Nozze di Figaro.  Keep those home fries burning!
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2004, 05:22:27 PM »

Part 2 of Missed Meeting - The person I was to meet with finally realized what happened and was very apologetic. She's offered dinner and a movie tonight to make up the screw-up. But I'm not in a chatty mood tonight, so I'll put it off (and then not show up?). [Note from later: Changed mind. Still not in a chatty mood, but in a hungry mood.]
Darling Daughter will be visiting from San Francico soon. Unexpectedly. She was diagnosed with Strep AND Mono (not contagious) and wants to be looked after for a bit.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 06:16:02 PM by Panni »

Robin

« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2004, 05:25:19 PM »

As to this week's media check:

In the CD player: Avenue Q, Lawrence Rosenthal's score for The Return of a Man Called Horse (which asks the musical question "Why isn't this man one of the busiest composers in the around?"), and the re-recorded score to Sunset Boulevard by Franz Waxman.  

In the deeveedee player: Stargate, The President's Analyst and The Day of the Locust.

The VHS player is still broken.  I'm having trouble caring about it, though.

What I'm reading: I finished off The World's Desire by H. Rider Haggard and Andrew Lang, which was a thunderously good time, and I just started reading Year's Best SF 9, an annual collection of science fiction stories.  

François de Paris

« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2004, 05:26:52 PM »

Do Bollockwood movies exist?

Robin

« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2004, 05:26:54 PM »

By the way, S. Woody White, I've not seen the Stargate television series.  Is it better than the movie?  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 05:28:47 PM by Robin »

François de Paris

« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2004, 05:32:29 PM »

Where are Dear Readers
Michael Shayne, Orr, MusicMan, Kerry, Maya etc etc etc ?????

Danise

« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2004, 05:36:24 PM »

SLC TRIP Part 1

Part II tomorrow night.  I don't want to hog all the space.

5/14/04

It's 2:23 AM Mountain time.  I can't sleep so I thought I would write about my day yesterday.  I’ve already ironed all of my clothes.

It started out very early at about 4:00 A. M.

I was very excited about going on the trip but it was very hard saying farewell to Mom.

The van came in a very timely manner but took his time filling out the paperwork.  I fear the school bus driver across the street was a little annoyed that we were in her way when we were sitting there.  I cried a little when the van pulled out.  It was so hard to see Mom standing there as we pulled away.

There was a guy already on the van but he never really spoke-I think he was very tired and just trying to rest the best he could.

The driver was very nice and chatty.  I think his name was Jay.  I guess he knew it is upsetting for some people to leave on a trip so he lightened the mood.

Anyway we went and picked up another lady in south Brandon who was going to NYC!  She was very nice and friendly. We had a nice chat between the three of us while the other guy slept in the back.  She is going to be in NYC for a day or two after I’m there.  Maybe we will run into each other there.

We talked about places to see and things to do.  As excited as I am about SLC and MB, I can’t wait for NYC.

We arrived at the airport in good time and said our good-byes.

I was checked in by curbside service and given my boarding pass and baggage claim tickets. I didn't get the chance to tip the baggage guy but I did the van driver.

Going through security was easier than I thought.  I did have to take my shoes off.  I was very glad that Martin (a guy I work with) had told to me to wear shoes that are easy to slip off & back on.

I called Mom from a pay phone to let her know I had made it to the airport.

It was a bit of a wait to get on the plane but once it started it went really fast.  I called Mom once I was seated on the plane & was pleased with how well the phone worked.  I even saw my luggage being loaded onto the plane, which made me feel good.  I knew it would at least make it on the first part of the journey.

There was a deep feeling of fear mixed with excitement once the plane started to move out.  I knew there was no turning back at that point.  I felt tears in my eyes but covered them with a yawn.

My stomach was doing a little dance when the plane started to move faster and faster down the runway then that little “hop” as the plane leaves the ground.  

I was sitting next to two elderly women who were going to California.  They both had books so neither spoke very much the entire trip.

I was glad I had picked a window seat.  I can’t imagine sitting anywhere else.  I would have to be able to look out.  The clouds were just lovely.  They looked like castles, floating in the air.  We hit some rough patches but I wasn't afraid.  In fact, they were kind of fun.  Like a roller coaster.

It felt so strange to look down from so high and to think of all the people we were passing over.

My God, just to think how long it took those poor people in the covered wagons to go where it only took us a few hours.  It's really mind blowing.  I wonder if I would have the guts to set out on the same journey a hundred years ago.  Imagine knowing it would take months to get to SLC instead of hours.  I sure wouldn’t be going a whim to see a singer.  That’s for sure!

We were served a cookie & a drink. I had water.  I was surprised that it didn't cost anything.  I expected to have to pay through the nose for it.

I looked out the window for the most part but did manage to read a little myself.  I even fell asleep for about fifteen minutes.  I think I was just exhausted.

We landed in Denver on time.  I was disappointed because they had announced it was in the 30's & they had snow.  I so wanted to see it.  I think the people next to me thought I was nuts because I was bouncing up and down in my seat because I so excited.  Unfortunately, by the time we landed, it had turned to rain.  I guess it just isn't meant to be.  Sigh.  

I asked the lady at the ticket counter what did you do with the snow and she said if I had only been an hour earlier, I would have seen it.  Missed out again!

I didn't have a long layover time.  I kinda wish I had time to look things over just a bit but by the time I found the gate, it was only about 15 minutes till take off.

I tried to call Mom a number of times.  She just can't seem to hear that phone.  I wish she would go to the hearing doctor.  

We left Denver on the connecting flight.  I wasn’t as nervous this time but still felt my heart and stomach do a little leap when I felt the wheels leave the ground.  There was a very nice man with lovely blue eyes sitting next to me.  When I mentioned the MB concert, he said his wife was a big fan  & had wanted to come with him but couldn't get the time off from work.  What a shame!  I would have loved to have met her and maybe we could have had dinner or something.  But it was neat to find someone who knew who Michael Ball is!  We had a pleasant chat on the ride to SLC.  

I thought I may have seen a tornado off in the distance as we were taking off but I’m not sure.  The man said it was steam from a power plant but it didn’t look like that to me.  It was going really far up into the sky and had a cone shape.  I could have been wrong but it did look strange.

We were served a bag of mini pretzels & again, I had water.

I can't describe my excitement when we flew over the continental divide.  I saw snow on the mountaintops!  I’ve never seen anything so lovely and couldn’t believe it was real!  

We landed in SLC.  I had major problems with my bags.  I over packed big time.  At least I'm learning what I need & what I don't.

I found the free van to the hotel.  The driver was very nice.   I told him all about Michael Ball and the concert.  He didn’t know anything.  Poor man.  I’m sure he knows more than he ever cared to know now.

The city is so clean & really beautiful.  The mountains are something to see!  I wish I could have drove up to them.  Maybe it was a mistake not to get a rental car.  I’m sorry I won’t be able to go see the Salt Lake but after speaking with some of the locals that may not be so bad.  I was told it stinks to high heaven.

My room at the Best Western is very nice.  I have 2 double beds.  The room has an iron, a blow drier, a safe & a little coffeemaker.  The bathroom is HUGE!  I think I may have made a mistake by not staying at the BW in NYC.  I don't know how the Milford Plaza will compare.

I called Mom to let her know I was here and safe.  The phone worked GREAT!

I found out that Michael Ball is going to do a signing on Saturday at the local Boarders.   It was posted on the net.  I was lucky to see it, just before I had to sign off the computer before I left for the trip.  I looked it up in the phone book and found they are just down the street.  I took a walk down & bought a CD of MB to get myself a spot in VP line for Saturday.

I found I was in a mall so I walked around a bit.  I found a cyber café.  I tried to send e-mails from there but couldn't make the computer work.  The kid who was in the place didn’t know how to fix it so I wasn't charged.  It's 10 dollars an hour.  I did manage to get a message to Jose on BWW.  Silly I know but he seemed so interested in my trip, I just wanted him to know I made it ok.

I had some dinner while at the mall.  Bourbon chicken & veggies.  By then I was so tired, I walked back to the hotel.  I spotted the carriage ride, spoke with the person.  I'm gong back today to have a ride.

I started having a dull pain in my right side with pain also shooting down my right leg.  I hope that doesn’t mean what I think it does.  Of all times!  Please, Lord, not NOW.  

I took a good, hot bubble bath, put my nightgown on and went to lay & watch TV in bed.  I was reading some brochures with my reading glasses on and after I went to sleep, I somehow managed to break my glasses in half.  I have to try to find a pair today.

Mom was right, I should have packed a spare pair of glasses and that’s one thing I will do on the trip to NYC.

I was asleep by six local time but I needed the rest.  I'm going back to bed in a moment.  All in all it was a very exciting day!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

François de Paris

« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2004, 05:54:53 PM »

I'm sure glad Michael's name is Ball and not.... Bollock!!
And then.....

Danise

« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2004, 06:08:14 PM »

Think of poor Michael Crawford.  His real name is Dumbell (sp?).

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2004, 06:12:25 PM »

Francois - I'm going out for dinner ce soir at a restaurant called La Frite - Could it be...? They have an outdoor patio and offer a "heavenly" (quoting a review) French Onion Soup.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 06:13:24 PM by Panni »

Jennifer

« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2004, 06:13:50 PM »

Oh I'm not sure if anyone answered the poutine question.  It's not for everyone, but I love it.  It's fries with gravy and cheese curds. YUMMY! :)

MBarnum

« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2004, 06:20:57 PM »

Actually poutine sounds very delicious! I don't know if you can get such a thing in Salem though.

Danise

« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2004, 06:23:38 PM »

Oh, that doesn't sound so bad.  Nothing gross.   I would try that.

I had to laugh at the part of my notes in SLC when I said the bit about the hotel room.  I swear I didn't add that.  I just must have somehow known.  

Next time I travel anywhere, I'm staying at the BW where ever that is.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2004, 06:28:11 PM »

Panni have a nice evening.  

Good vibes to Rachel for a speedy recovery.  Does she have the entire summer off from school?

Danise

« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2004, 06:33:37 PM »

Yes good vibes to your daughter, Panni!  

I seem to have run out of steam myself.  For a little while there I could have been a one person posting fiend.  Now I'm getting sleepy.  

The idiots around here are shooting off fireworks which has the dogs going nuts.  Sigh.

Robin, all I can tell you about Stargate is that I don't watch it regularly but I do like it.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2004, 06:35:17 PM »

Where are Dear Readers
Michael Shayne, Orr, MusicMan, Kerry, Maya etc etc etc ?????

Amen, brother.

Danise

« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2004, 06:42:58 PM »

Bruce, Elmore was kind enough to explain some of what an song Arranger-Orchestrator does to me.  Would you mind if I asked you a couple of questions about what a producer does?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2004, 07:16:17 PM »

A view from my daily walk.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2004, 07:19:26 PM »

Woo hoo! My mom is jealous of your view, Jane.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2004, 07:27:31 PM »

Tell her to come and go for a walk with me.  I'm hoping to get out your way one day and walk with her.  We have friends that keep asking us to visit, plus a friend from jr. hi and high school we would like to see.  One winter maybe.

Jane

« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2004, 07:29:55 PM »

Hi Andrea. :)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2004, 07:31:36 PM »

My mom says she'll take you birding.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up