Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: BOLLOCKS  (Read 18828 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BOLLOCKS
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2004, 10:18:53 PM »

No posts in an hour?  My goodness, it's The Attack of the Wussburgers.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2004, 10:25:57 PM »

It was directly across the street from the Milford Plaza in with the Nathan’s Hotdog place was.  

There is a Nathan's across from the Milford????  Since when???  Gosh, I love Nathan's.  I was going to say that I love Nathan's Hot Dog, but I was afraid people might think I was talking about Mr. Lane!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #212 on: June 11, 2004, 10:38:29 PM »

Actually poutine sounds very delicious! I don't know if you can get such a thing in Salem though.

In Salem, poutine is usually served as a side dish with haggis.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #213 on: June 11, 2004, 10:41:11 PM »

There is a Nathan's across from the Milford????  Since when???  Gosh, I love Nathan's.  I was going to say that I love Nathan's Hot Dog, but I was afraid people might think I was talking about Mr. Lane!

I believe it's one of those "combo Nathan's/Pizza Hut/Dunkin'Donuts/Baskin-Robbins/etc... But there is a Nathan's there.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2004, 10:49:34 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, I got some more cleaning done.  Of course, I could have done more - a lot more - but I'm taking my time, and I have the time to take so...  However, for some strange reason, in the middle of putting things away, I decided to cut my hair.  So, I got out my clippers and clipped away.  It looks pretty good.  And it feels sooo much cooler.

-Other than the haircut and some cleaning, I did make a trip to the grocery store for some supplies.  Otherwise, I've been watching TV all evening.  I caught glimpses of Reagan's funeral, and that was enough for me.  I'm in my post-show "depression" and I just couldn't take all the coverage from start to finish.

Unfortunately, one of the moments I caught was Nancy Reagan's final kiss of the coffin at the internment.  That whole moment was underscored by the practically deafening sound of camera shutters going off.  It was so sad to see such a private moment being so "publicized".

So...

It's been very rainy here in Richmond for the past couple of hours.  It's been a very mellow evening.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2004, 10:54:20 PM »

I've been listening to William Finn's song cycle, Elegies, and I've noticed something rather peculiar.

Not in what I've been hearing, but in the reading that goes with the hearing, and well, with the hearing, too.

The disc, for those who haven't encountered it yet, consists of a series of songs, tributes to people Finn has known who are no longer with us, or with him.  The songs are sung by Christian Borle, Betty Buckley, Carolee Carmello, Keith Byron Kirk, and Michael Rupert, singularly and in groupings.  The singers are accompanied, quite well, by a solo pianist.

So I'm hearing this pianist, and I'm looking on the back cover, and the front cover, and all through the CD booklet, and there is no indication of who is playing the piano.

I find this strange.

I mean, I suppose they could have been accompanied by a player piano.  It's possible.  But then, I would have expected some credit given on the back of the cover, or somewhere in the booklet, to whoever it was who programmed the player piano.

Or at least to whoever it was who plugged in the player piano.

But nothing of the sort is to be found anywhere on the back cover.  Or the front cover.  Or anywhere in the booklet.

How sad.

And how sloppy.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2004, 11:00:42 PM »

I believe it's one of those "combo Nathan's/Pizza Hut/Dunkin'Donuts/Baskin-Robbins/etc... But there is a Nathan's there.

Thank you, Jose, you have made me a very happy man (and with your clothes still on).

“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2004, 11:11:16 PM »

We were supposed to head over to watch the grandlads play baseball (or T-ball, or whatever) today, but they were rained out.

We went and watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban instead.  We enjoyed.

I particularly enjoyed John Williams' score.  He follows the groundwork he laid in the earlier two films, but shifts gears significantly.  The Knight Bus sequence shows his jazz roots, and he has fun with clock sounds later in the film.  Good work.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: June 11, 2004, 11:19:21 PM »

Today I was sent a DVD, some Universal anime thirty minute thing called The Chronicles of Riddick: The Dark Fury.  Supposedly this show is meant to bridge the gap between the movie Pitch Black and its sequel The Chronicles of Riddick.  I find it peculiar that a thirty minute animated program (very much in the style of anime) is meant to bridge the gap between two live action features but I'm enjoying it because it looks and sounds very good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: June 11, 2004, 11:20:59 PM »

And speaking of strange, go to amazon.com - I've never in the history of amazon seen the site down.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #220 on: June 11, 2004, 11:21:05 PM »

Back from my meal at La Frite. Had Bouillabaisse. Very tasty. A HUGE serving. Much more than I could eat. But delicieux.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2004, 11:33:55 PM »

Over an hour later....and Amazon.com is still DOWN.  I can't believe it....what can the matter be?  Have we stayed too long at the fair?

All of the pics are wonderful.  Jason I love NY!!    Jane - I don't know how to convert those numbers....LOL....

Good vibes to daughter Rachel....if she still feels bad in the morning tell her to take two lamb chops.

DRSANDRA I think that turtle is doing an arabesque...and it has lovely extension....better than most I saw in ballet class in Miss Ludie's basement!

Almost time for bed....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 11:34:55 PM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2004, 11:35:44 PM »

I hope that Amazon.com is not going to re-invent itself the way EBAY does on a regular basis, making everything harder to find and use.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2004, 11:52:43 PM »

Just checked Amazon. It is Ok now. Well it is from OZ.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up