Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TEENY-TINY NUTS  (Read 13499 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: TEENY-TINY NUTS
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2012, 05:05:36 PM »

DR Ginny I just saw an ad for a free mini kisses coin purse with the purchase of any Vera Bradley for $15 or more.  I didn't know Vera Bradley sold anything near the small price of $15.

Laura

« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »

It was a work day. Church until noon. Then a picnic afterwards. Not a bad day.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2012, 05:06:44 PM »

for Sandra
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »

It was a work day. Church until noon. Then a picnic afterwards. Not a bad day.
Picnof - loaves and crossroads, I mean fishes?
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2012, 05:33:58 PM »

So the Spartans won the Big 10 Championship game today.

They sure did - took care of those Buckeyes!

And my two favorite teams, Michigan and University of Cincinnati are going to Nashville to play in the early rounds of March Madness - Go, Blue and Go, Bearcats!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2012, 05:34:03 PM »

Was reading the posts from yesterday--the idea about a smartphone for TCB.  I have a spare LG Optimus model phone that I would be happy to give to you, TCB.  It works with the Virgin Phone network.  It's a pay as you go type of phone and I believe the cost is now $35.00 a month for unlimited internet/text and I think 300 anytime talk minutes.  The reason I switched phones to the LG Optimus Slider was because it didn't have the slide out keyboard.  I was having problems with using the on screen keyboard because of the arthritis in my hands.  I don't know if that would be a problem for  you.

If you think it would help, I would be more than happy to send it to you.

That is a very kind and generous offer, Danise.  Let me check things out and I will get back to you.  I definately need a keyboard that  I can actually use.
No problem.  I don't know about the pen/styles thing DR Ginny spoke of but it would be GREAT if that would help. :)

Please forgive my stupidity.  So, the keyboard is on the screen?

No problem.  Believe me I didn't really understand it either when I bought it which is why I want to make sure it is something that would help you.  The keyboard is on the screen and you touch the letters to type.  The problem I was having was that I don't always feel right in my hands with the arthritis and I would touch something harder then I wanted to and get double letters  kk for example which can be a pain when you've already typed another sentence. I have to be 100% honest and tell you that I do use the slide out keyboard and I will never buy another phone without one. 

Do you have a Best Buy or a Target near you that you could get to so you could look at the phone and ask questions?   

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2012, 05:38:09 PM »

DR Ginny I just saw an ad for a free mini kisses coin purse with the purchase of any Vera Bradley for $15 or more.  I didn't know Vera Bradley sold anything near the small price of $15.

Not much, DR Jane.  Some of the small accessories - ID cases, lanyards, coin purses - and some stationery items and homegoods are under $15.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2012, 05:44:10 PM »

I need to go to the store anyway so I'll check out what they have.  I wish they made a better selection of fanny packs.  I find wearing the purse around my waist is easier on my shoulders.  The travel belt bag is pretty but I think it is too small.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2012, 05:49:05 PM »

To top of my day, I was invited by BK to join him and his friend Walter at Joe Allen's after the show.  I spotted them right away --they had a great view of the entrance.  Walter was interesting and friendly and BK was as funny as ever.

Brent and Bernie joined us not long after.  I do believe they were quite surprised to see me, but were gracious as always. 

I really enjoyed myself and heard some discussion of Brent's possible participation in Outside the Box--I'm sure it will be hilarious!

Thanks again to BK for inviting me----it was so great of you!

Speaking of Brent, I was curious to know if Brent had any desire to return to Vegas to do POTO one more time before it closes.

or indeed to the lovely state of Washington to perform a private show

Now, vixmom, we can't hope for the impossible dream.

To reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach the unreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeachable staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

;D ;D
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »

DR Ginny I'm browsing the website.  The Small Crossbody in Olive looks like it might be my style of purse, not too big & with an adjustable strap.  Of course I have to see it in person.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2012, 05:50:26 PM »

Long day. Paella Challenge had to be covered (and the weather for it was glorious, sunny and healthful feeling). Then one of the city's most famous restaurateurs died. So much for any time off.

Were you friends?

No. I never met him. But my business partner, Bonnie (the one who's off in New York now), did a lengthy and wonderful profile of him a few years back. Turns out he had pretty much turned over his restaurant to family in recent years to take care of his parents. His father died about a month ago. I feel really bad for his mother to have lost both husband and son in such a short period of time.

So, the reputation was of a good man who also happened to be a good restaurateur.

I don't mind those stories.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »

TAR....Oh good grief. It's not over yet, but I have never heard such whining and bickering.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2012, 05:54:43 PM »

Long day. Paella Challenge had to be covered (and the weather for it was glorious, sunny and healthful feeling). Then one of the city's most famous restaurateurs died. So much for any time off.

Were you friends?

No. I never met him. But my business partner, Bonnie (the one who's off in New York now), did a lengthy and wonderful profile of him a few years back. Turns out he had pretty much turned over his restaurant to family in recent years to take care of his parents. His father died about a month ago. I feel really bad for his mother to have lost both husband and son in such a short period of time.

So, the reputation was of a good man who also happened to be a good restaurateur.

I don't mind those stories.

Sad, especially for his mother.  Thank you for telling us a bit about him.

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2012, 05:54:48 PM »

DR Ginny I'm browsing the website.  The Small Crossbody in Olive looks like it might be my style of purse, not too big & with an adjustable strap.  Of course I have to see it in person.

DR Jane, several of the shoulder bags have adjustable straps that can be made long enough to wear crossbody - Hipster, On the Go - if you want a bigger bag.  Also look at the Mini-Hipster.

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2012, 05:57:48 PM »

Well, the ending was ok. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2012, 05:58:50 PM »

Ok, now I'm going to have to confess and say I love watching Celebrity Apprentice.   Here it comes!

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »

Oh wait!  Worst cooks in America is on at the same time.   I like that show even better.

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »

DVR I'm glad I have youj

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2012, 06:03:18 PM »

Today I did the first run at my taxes.  The good news is the office had a higher profit this year, the bad news is the office had a higher profit this year.   I hate paying taxes

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2012, 06:05:33 PM »

Worst cooks really is a fun show to watch

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »

Today I did the first run at my taxes.  The good news is the office had a higher profit this year, the bad news is the office had a higher profit this year.   I hate paying taxes
I do, too. But the other of life's certainties that Ben Franklin spoke of is worse.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2012, 06:13:20 PM »

True, DR John G.  I am relieved that I have enough to pay what I need to pay, but it will drain my reserve and I hate that

Jane

« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2012, 06:14:38 PM »

DR Jane, several of the shoulder bags have adjustable straps that can be made long enough to wear crossbody - Hipster, On the Go - if you want a bigger bag.  Also look at the Mini-Hipster.

I don't care for the shape of the mini-hipster, plus it looks too small & the hipster looks too big.  That is the problem with viewing online.  Adjustable straps are a must for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2012, 06:17:48 PM »

Today I did the first run at my taxes.  The good news is the office had a higher profit this year, the bad news is the office had a higher profit this year.   I hate paying taxes

Single people really need a lobbyist in Washington.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2012, 06:19:01 PM »

After TAR - which as DR CILLA LIZ reported - was full of FAKE crying and useless bickering....I think it's done for screen time....and the Ending was satisfactory.....but something I suspected.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2012, 06:20:52 PM »

After TAR I switched to ME TV to watch the last half hour of a COLUMBO episode....it will be followed by an episode of the English series THE INVISIBLE MAN....I have watched it for a few weeks....and ALL of the stories have been Iron Curtain/Russian spy dramas.....it will be followed by THRILLER.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2012, 06:43:17 PM »

Is all the TAR drama centered around the Big Brother pair from hell?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2012, 06:51:16 PM »

Using the Kindle for internet access is clunky, at best.  Unless you have a Kindle Fire, in which case you need a stylus.

I have the kindle keyboard like DR TCB. I find that if you bookmark a page then it is very easy to navigate on the kindle. It is very easy for checking email. And HHW is surprisingly easy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2012, 06:59:13 PM »

Sorry, I was eating instead of posting.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2012, 07:00:05 PM »

One post more.