Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MELODY LINGERS ON  (Read 9498 times)

Michael

Re: THE MELODY LINGERS ON
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2012, 03:33:57 PM »

I just came back from the dentist.

1.5 hours in the chair.

Thank god for novocaine and laughing gas and of course my favorite Ibuprofen 800mg
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2012, 04:18:28 PM »

My mother, the nurse, wasn't shy about giving us codeine cough medicine.  Even when we weren't coughing.  She also used to bring home empty ether cans for me to play with, since I loved the smell of ether when I was a kid.  Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind.  ;)

One winter  when I was in 11th grade I had a bronchitis & my father gave me a bottle of cough syrup with codeine.  In L.A. lunch was spent outside and I since I coughed more in the colder climate I did a lot of sipping on that medicine.  I got in soooo much trouble for talking too much in the class that followed, plus I flirted with a a senior guy I knew because he played tennis with my brother.

We actually dated for awhile.  I feel bad about it because my sister, coincidentally, began dating his older brother at the same time & then we both kind of stopped dating them at the same time though I thought she should have stuck with the older brother. 

In high school it was fun receiving letters with a Stanford University sticker on the outside.;)

Jane

« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2012, 04:20:04 PM »

I still have a memory -- (and perhaps it's never been anything but a fragment of an impression of an imagined or dreamed moment) -- of the ether mask being place over my face for my age-four tonsillectomy.  At times I've thought there was smell attached to that memory, but I can't lock in on it.  Bizarre, the things that stay with us.

I have distinctive memories, which have been proven, from when I was 2 & 3.  I don't see why you shouldn't remember something so traumatic.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2012, 04:21:16 PM »

I still have a memory -- (and perhaps it's never been anything but a fragment of an impression of an imagined or dreamed moment) -- of the ether mask being place over my face for my age-four tonsillectomy.  At times I've thought there was smell attached to that memory, but I can't lock in on it.  Bizarre, the things that stay with us.

I remember quite clearly the gauze mask being put over my nose and mouth and then the doctor dripping the ether onto it!  It was a sickly sweet smell, but I loved it.

I'm the third with an ether memory. We (my two sisters and I) had our tonsils and adenoids out at the same time around 1957 and I can still see in my mind being wheeled into the operating room on a gurney and having the mask placed over my face and being told to count back from 10. I made it to 9.

I think three children between the ages of 7 and 4 having their tonsils and adenoids out at the same time and then coming home for recuperation helped lead to my mother's breakdown soon after that.

Your poor mother!!!!

Jane

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »

I can now say that I have added to my life's achievements by having googled "ether mask".

;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »

I guess I must be suffering from post-surgery flu.   I am all achy, and I feel like I could sleep for a week.

~~~CONTINUED VIBES FOR DR TCB!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »

So, bright and early -- before dawn's early light -- my Birding Buddy and I headed up north to check out a lovely spot that is always noisy and birdy in the spring.

Sadly, in the dark I grabbed the wrong canvas bag. I had plenty of bottled water, but no binoculars or camera.

OH NO!!!  Did your birding buddy have either?

Jane

« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2012, 04:27:15 PM »

I just came back from the dentist.

1.5 hours in the chair.

Thank god for novocaine and laughing gas and of course my favorite Ibuprofen 800mg

I hope it doesn't hurt too much tonight.

Jane

« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2012, 04:27:36 PM »

FLU BE GONE VIBES FOR DR TCB!!

ChasSmith

« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2012, 04:30:16 PM »

I thought that said "Did your birding buddy have ether?"

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2012, 04:31:47 PM »

You say ether and I say either!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2012, 04:53:16 PM »

Hello!  I'm back from New York, New York.   I went to the Laurie Beechman Theater and saw "True Colors," a benefit for the Trevor Project.  There were about 12 performers-most were very good.  I honestly had never heard of any of them except our own Brent Barrett, but they were very talented.   Most of the perfomers sang 2 songs, but Brent only sang one ("Romantic Notions," which was great).  The audience was very enthusiastic--it's a very small place and I think there were less than 40 people.

KevinH

« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2012, 04:55:08 PM »

Anyone see the TV Land Awards?  I'm watching it on my DVR now.  It was fun seeing the casts of Murphy Brown, In Living Color and One Day at a Time.

KevinH

« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2012, 04:57:16 PM »

Cute picture of you at your sister's wedding, DR Ginny!

KevinH

« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2012, 04:58:37 PM »

Health vibes for DR TCB.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »

I thought that said "Did your birding buddy have ether?"

;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2012, 05:37:12 PM »

It's classical night on Dancing with the Stars. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2012, 05:37:58 PM »

I can't wait to watch SPLASH tonight.  Only 3 episodes left in the season.  Something's got to happen.

George

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2012, 05:45:36 PM »

I can't wait to watch SPLASH tonight.  Only 3 episodes left in the season.  Something's got to happen.

I know! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2012, 05:46:55 PM »

Anyone see the TV Land Awards?  I'm watching it on my DVR now.  It was fun seeing the casts of Murphy Brown, In Living Color and One Day at a Time.

What a co-inkydink!  I just read an article about the possibility of ‘Murphy Brown’ Returning to TV.

That could be fun!

Jane

« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2012, 05:59:53 PM »

The concept seems to limiting to me.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2012, 06:06:38 PM »

Did anyone see what happened to this guy who went to his dentist just days after he broke up with her?
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/dentist-pulls-her-ex-boyfriend-teeth-split-210829769.html

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2012, 06:11:55 PM »

Hell hath no fury.....

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2012, 06:12:23 PM »

I must confess I've been reading Celebrity Apprentice Spoilers.  Won't say anything...

George

« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2012, 06:20:19 PM »

So...who do you want to be nominated for a Tony?  HERE is the list of potential nominees.  They're going to be announced tomorrow morning!

George

« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2012, 06:37:12 PM »

Well, I must be off.  The Publicity Committee for Theater Artists Olympia is having a meeting and since I'm a member of said committee, I should be there.  Tonight's a big TV watching night for me, so I hope it goes quickly.

Be back later.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »

I guess I must be suffering from post-surgery flu.   I am all achy, and I feel like I could sleep for a week.

~~~CONTINUED VIBES FOR DR TCB!!~~~
Many vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2012, 06:41:04 PM »

So...who do you want to be nominated for a Tony?  HERE is the list of potential nominees.  They're going to be announced tomorrow morning!
I want Danny Burstein to win.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2012, 06:41:55 PM »

John G.

« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »

Well, my sister Linda is still in need of vibes. They went in today and blasted one of the two too-large kidney stones, but they couldn't find the other, so they will have to go in again next Monday and look again. That means she still has the stent in and will likely be on painkillers for most of the week. She's needed to catch up on her sleep and I think that will happen. But keep those vibes a'coming.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up