Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: IN A MELLOW MOOD  (Read 47815 times)

singdaw

Re:IN A MELLOW MOOD
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2007, 09:58:04 AM »

DR MBarnum, perhaps you can package up the leftover seaweed and send it to DR Michael...I think it was he that was on the Total Body Makeover. [??]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 11:08:31 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2007, 10:02:41 AM »

Seaweed
I Can See It
It Came From Outer Space
From This Moment On
On a Clear Day You Can See Forever

Who knew?  You can connect Babs to seaweed in 4 steps!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2007, 10:02:57 AM »

Tamari Sea Weed Rice Cakes?

The package must have been very nice!  The product title would have scared me.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »

Page four Meena Kumari and Dilip Kumar dance.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2007, 10:07:19 AM »

DR MattH, thanks for the reminder of the new Shirley Temple movies that are out today...I must hie myself to Best Buy and pick up my favorite, STAND UP AND CHEER! The only movie that I know of that features both little Shirley Temple and big Aunt Jemima.

Isn't it funny how different we are! I bought the set, but that's the one DVD in the set I really don't care whether I watch it or not. Shirley's in so little of it. I would have bought THE BLUE BIRD and THE LITTLE PRINCESS separately and left off STAND UP AND CHEER completely, but I saved money buying the set.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2007, 10:09:16 AM »

DR Matt H.  I admire your cleaning regimen.  Some surfaces in my home haven't seen a duster in...well, I am embarrassed to admit how long!  :)

Thanks, but I can't take any bows really. When I worked a full time job, I almost NEVER cleaned. I didn't have time or inclination. Being retired, I'd really be hard pressed to find an excuse for not keeping the house clean now.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2007, 10:09:37 AM »

And now I'm going ead down to start preparing lunch.

WBBL.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2007, 10:15:52 AM »

Last night at the grocery store I bought a package of Tamari and Seaweed Organic Rice Cakes. I thought they would make a nice snack to have with my morning coffee....I have never been so wrong in my whole life.

I think we all could have told you that just from the name alone.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2007, 10:18:32 AM »

Shirley is only a supporting player in STAND UP AND CHEER, but there are some wonderful musical numbers in that movie...particularly those of Dick (Nick) Foran. The movie just makes me smile (with the exception of the comedy routine by Mitchell and Durant...and I use the word comedy very loosely)

On the other hand THE BLUE BIRD has always left a me feeling sort of icky...I just never cared for the movie...with the exception of the beautiful Helen Ericson as Light. My best friend in Jr. High and High School loved this movie, though. I may give it a try again and see if I like it any better...it does have an interesting cast...and I will be meeting little Sybil Jason when I go to L.A. in April.

singdaw

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2007, 10:49:42 AM »

I went for a walk today...

At my local Borders.

And this is what I saw bought:

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2007, 10:54:01 AM »

Yes, indeed.  My monster shipment arrived on Saturday, and I'm about half way through the first book.  I'm really enjoying it, and many connections are falling into place.  In many ways, it truly is the HHW membership manual you never got...

See?

singdaw

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2007, 10:57:05 AM »

Just as you had indicated it would be!  :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2007, 11:02:56 AM »

You are doing HHW in a big way, Singdaw. I don't think most people order so many products at once. But you'll enjoy your time here more, I think, as a result of it. Sort of like that language immersion stuff.

singdaw

« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2007, 11:07:22 AM »

Exactly!  Immersion, Mind Meld...   Whatever.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2007, 11:09:27 AM »

I'm going to the bedroom environment, where I will watch a little of the Brain final edited version.  Oh, boy!

How was it?!

And when will some of us be able to do the same thing...well, maybe not retire to YOUR bedroom environment, but get to watch a little of the Brain final edited version?
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2007, 11:11:45 AM »

Man, did I sleep late.  I really needed it, and I stumbled into the kitchen at 9:45. I see the gray skies have turned to blue and that the wind is really kicking up its heels.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2007, 11:12:08 AM »

If this is the only audition in the past two weeks for you, you're doing something wrong.  You're too talented.

Well, the only problem there is that I'm not represented - getting auditions without someone else's help ain't so easy out here in good ol' LA.  
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

singdaw

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2007, 11:12:58 AM »

DR Cason, of course, when I first inserted The Brain into my car's CD player this morning, I had to skip straight to your big number.  You do a really wonderful job with it!  :)

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2007, 11:13:23 AM »

DR Cason -

Your conservative grandmother MUST come from your father's side of the family!  :)

Indeed she is.  

How ever did you know? ::)

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2007, 11:13:53 AM »

DR Cason, of course, when I first inserted The Brain into my car's CD player this morning, I had to skip straight to your big number.  You do a really wonderful job with it!  :)

Why, thank you!   ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2007, 11:14:21 AM »

I really enjoyed THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS last night - as DR MATTH wrote it looks great!

I like everything except Donald O'Connor's solo which I don't like the staging of....but everything else is GRAND in the Fox manner.  1954 was certainly a banner year for Irving Berlin what with this film AND White Christmas!!

singdaw

« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2007, 11:14:26 AM »

the wind is really kicking up its heels.

Like a gazelle in a chorus line?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2007, 11:15:25 AM »

The Brain looks good so far.  I also watched a little of the show from camera four, the lock-off shot of the full stage.  And I must say I will never use this video crew again.  The lock-off shot, which is supposed to run the entire show (it's a mini-DV cam, and the tapes are an hour), occasionally has "off" moments, isn't locked off (frequently zooming in and out), and occasionally adjusting its light sensitivity.  In other words, there are times when you really would like to use that shot and you can't because it's not doing what it's supposed to be doing, i.e. recording the entire show from a wide master shot.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2007, 11:16:46 AM »

Our next step is to sweeten the sound - we just have to find the time and the person who's willing to help out in that regard.  We're going to do a highlight reel of about twenty minutes - if we can't find anyone willing to sweeten the entire show, then we'll just do the highlights reel, since that's what we'll be using for promotional purposes.

MBarnum

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2007, 11:20:12 AM »

Well, the only problem there is that I'm not represented - getting auditions without someone else's help ain't so easy out here in good ol' LA.  

Well, we must find you an agent...it is too bad that Henry Willson is not still around...of course he would change your name to something like Chuck Wagon or Rock Steady.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2007, 11:20:53 AM »

DR MBARNUM are you the bidder on that Allison "Acapulco" publicity shot?  I have never seen one of those!  But it's a bit pricey for me.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2007, 11:23:32 AM »

Well, we must find you an agent...it is too bad that Henry Willson is not still around...of course he would change your name to something like Chuck Wagon or Rock Steady.

:)  

Well, if anyone happens to know any agents or such, I definitely won't turn a deaf ear...

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2007, 11:24:27 AM »

DR MBARNUM are you the bidder on that Allison "Acapulco" publicity shot?  I have never seen one of those!  But it's a bit pricey for me.

I am indeed...it is pricey, but I just gotta have it!

I will make you a copy if I get it! It is a wonderful shot...although she seems to be way to happy with those two balloons!

MBarnum

« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2007, 11:27:17 AM »

We should have invited agents to the Brain....I have no doubt that there would be a couple of people in that cast who would have been picked up!

Maybe Mr. Kevin Spiritas knows an agent or two? Perhaps his agent? Most of the actors I know haven't had an agent in 40 years.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »

Too bad the show only ran for six episodes!  8)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up