Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WRITING THE NOTES  (Read 11133 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DAW

Re: WRITING THE NOTES
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 06:02:55 AM »

DR Ginny - I am glad you noticed that NOW and not during [or after] your visit to NYC!! 

I was told that pronged rings should be checked for soundness at least once a year.

DAW

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 06:03:44 AM »

I forgot to say before:  BB is still looking spectacular!      :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 06:06:42 AM »

Page Two GO PHILLIES!!! Dance:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 06:12:24 AM »

DR Ginny - I am glad you noticed that NOW and not during [or after] your visit to NYC!!

Me, too, DR DAW!  I've known several women who have lost their engagement diamonds and didn't realize it until it was too late. 

I was told that pronged rings should be checked for soundness at least once a year.

I was pretty diligent about that until the store where we bought our rings went out of business.  We recently discovered that the proprietor of that store is now a partner in another jeweler in a nearby community.  We were very glad to find him again.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 06:14:39 AM »

Good morning!

Very cold this morning and only warming into the mid-50s today. It will warm up as the week progresses, at least so say the forecasters.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2009, 06:16:14 AM »

I'll be working on TINKER BELL AND THE LOST TREASURE this afternoon. In the meanwhile, I'm going to try to squeeze in some recorded shows like BROTHERS & SISTERS and THREE RIVERS today and tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2009, 06:17:41 AM »

Looking forward to hearing Brent's holiday CD. It'll be greatly anticipated and then added to the queue of Doris Day, Andy Williams, Clay Aiken, and Julie Andrews holiday albums.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2009, 06:19:07 AM »

TOD:

I go to usatoday.com, amazon.com, and highdefdigest.com in the mornings...

variety.com, zap2it.com, playbill.com, tvguide.com, in the afternoons...

and afterelton.com throughout the day.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2009, 06:19:37 AM »

And, of course, I come here three times a day and to my worksite hometheaterforum.com three times a day as well.

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 06:20:30 AM »

Hmmm, I try to get a new Christmas album every year or so.  Wonder which one I should get this year  ;) ?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 06:34:40 AM »

It will be a long week at work. Perhaps I will take a break and see Ginny and Richard during a lunch hour. I don't know if we can get to John's on Saturday.

Friday, when we go to the Morgan Library, or Monday, when we go to the Strand Bookstore? 

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2009, 06:37:46 AM »

RE:  Last night's THE AMAZIN' RACE:

SPOILER WARNINGS!!!

Thank Gawd!  I was getting so sick of that lunkhead and his whiney partner!  As one of the Poker Gals once said, how did this idiot ever get to be a lawyer?

I was a little disappointed that there was no real challenge that involved the world's tallest building in Dubai other than taking an elevator ride up there.  But the desert and indoor ski/snow challanges made up for it.

At this point, my favorites are the Ken and Barbie couple, the former Miss America and her hubby and the Globe Trotters.  There's no team left that I actively dislike, but I guess I would say that the Poker girls and the young couple (with the girl who freaked about going up the tall building) are my least favorites.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2009, 06:43:08 AM »

It will be a long week at work. Perhaps I will take a break and see Ginny and Richard during a lunch hour. I don't know if we can get to John's on Saturday.

Friday, when we go to the Morgan Library, or Monday, when we go to the Strand Bookstore? 

Monday the 26th sounds good to me. The craziness will be subsiding by then. Let's aim for Monday and I'll let you know if anything changes.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2009, 06:43:14 AM »

TOD:

imdb
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2009, 06:47:14 AM »

Monday the 26th sounds good to me. The craziness will be subsiding by then. Let's aim for Monday and I'll let you know if anything changes.

Sounds good, Ben.  This will be my first trip to NYC in a long time when I haven't had a business reason to visit your workplace.

DAW

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2009, 06:48:27 AM »

TOD:

I don't really have any set daily Internet itinerary [except for HHW, of course].  I just kind of go where the spirit moves me.  And Twitter is great at pointing out destinations that I might not have known about.

I am rapidly getting to the point of blog oversaturation.  There are just too many charming, literate, witty people out there writing to be able to take it all in.   :(

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2009, 06:51:57 AM »

TOD - My browser usually has tabs open for HHW, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2009, 06:52:31 AM »

Heading down now to get cleaned up for lunch out later with best friend John. I'll likely watch last night's BROTHERS & SISTERS while I'm waiting for my friend to arrive.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2009, 07:00:55 AM »

I am rapidly getting to the point of blog oversaturation.  There are just too many charming, literate, witty people out there writing to be able to take it all in.   :(

DR DAW - have you tried an "aggregator" like Bloglines?  It allows you to scan your chosen blogs quickly and read only what really interests you.  That reminds me - I need to add DR MBarnum's new blog to my "friends" category!

DAW

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2009, 07:05:47 AM »

Thanks, DR Ginny.   I'll have to check that out.

DAW

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2009, 07:06:00 AM »

A stage manager for the Broadway revival of “South Pacific” has been accused of secretly recording an actress in her dressing room.

DAW

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2009, 07:23:18 AM »

The Complete National Geographic (every issue since 1888) on DVD-ROM:  http://bit.ly/2GVhpg

Landfills everywhere overflow!!!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2009, 08:11:07 AM »

Nothing worse than a bent prong!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2009, 08:12:29 AM »

A stage manager for the Broadway revival of “South Pacific” has been accused of secretly recording an actress in her dressing room.

I bet it was Bloody Mary.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2009, 08:12:42 AM »

Nothing worse than a bent prong!

Ain't that the God's truth.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2009, 08:12:47 AM »

TOD: HHW
Facebook
MDJonline (to keep up with local political gossip/sleaze)

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2009, 08:14:21 AM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2009, 08:14:33 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept laye, nearly 9 am, and I've been busy with emails concerning Live Begins at 8:40 and all the madness this project still generates, laundry, and returning emails. Today I will be working at home, perhaps go to the NYPL when the laundry is over, and stop down at the show tonight.

I am quite excited about hearing Mr Barrett's album, and I hope it sounds lke what I magined during the arranging process. The problem with recording in LA and not being there, is that I have to rely on others to fix/adjust my errors in judgment or taste, and I rely on BK and Chris Denny for that. I've had several bad surprises from London recordings because I only hear the final mix and think, why wasn't I consulted before it was finalized? I got a peculiar phone call from BB last week about billing, so i'm curious to hear how it sounds and how the biling ended up.

TOD:  Talkin' Broadway
          Broadway World.com
          Theatremania
          Very rarely I go to the Sondheim site
          CNN
          Huffington Post
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2009, 08:15:45 AM »

www.crazydaysandnights.net     For celebrity photos and gossip

The Google NEWS page is also quite informative
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up