Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: PITH  (Read 14865 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: PITH
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 06:12:52 AM »

DR JRand59 - thanks for the warning!!!      :)

DR JRand I totally disagree with what you wrote about posting the ending to shows that eliminate someone without giving anyone a head's up.

Maybe you knew DR Mbarnum would not care. But there are other people who watch too. And i think it's up to each person to decide if they want to be spoiled.

Big ditto to that, DR Jennifer.  Yes, these are all only tv shows, but I still like to be surprised.  I'm glad that I did happen to catch TAR last night before I caught up with last night's posts this morning (I usually watch TAR a day delayed.)  I would still appreciate spoiler warnings of some kind...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 06:15:50 AM »

Page Two TAR Dance:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Kerry

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 06:28:51 AM »

A HHW BIRTHDAY CHEER TO DR JED!!!
I like boat races.

Laura

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 06:28:53 AM »

Happy Happy Birthday to Jed!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2009, 06:36:13 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  We're having a lazy morning before we make our way down to Union Square to meet Ben and Anthony for lunch.  Richard has just discovered the wedding announcements in yesterday's NY Times and has read me some of his favorite tidbits.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2009, 06:36:38 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR Jed!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2009, 06:37:32 AM »

Good morning!

Certainly seems like a fall morning here. Cool but not cold and not getting out of the 60s today. My favorite kind of weather.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2009, 06:37:35 AM »

I heard that Lou Jacobi had died over the weekend.  He was 95.

I had lunch with him once.  He was a very warm, fun person.  Great sense of humor.
You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009, 06:38:55 AM »

TOD:

I'd say my original set of WIZARD OF OZ plates which I have on the wall in my den.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 06:40:47 AM »

I'm anticipating a pleasant day off today. I have two HD movies on the DVR: SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE and PAUL BLART MALL COP. I also have MONK from last Friday, and last night's BROTHERS & SISTERS and MAD MEN. SHould make for a really nice day.

Of course, if by some miracle that Fox Blu-ray of ICE AGE 3 should show up, my day off would be a day on and I'd be back to work.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2009, 06:40:55 AM »

DR JRand59 - thanks for the warning!!!      :)

DR JRand I totally disagree with what you wrote about posting the ending to shows that eliminate someone without giving anyone a head's up.

Maybe you knew DR Mbarnum would not care. But there are other people who watch too. And i think it's up to each person to decide if they want to be spoiled.

Well, DR Jennifer, I do more than sit around watching tv so I don't invest a great deal in tv viewing, but I try to tape the shows I miss, if I really want to see them. I then watch them ASAP. In this world of instant media, I refuse to let a spoiler dim my appreciation of a show. It's only TV and it's usually a rehash of someone else's plot. My feeling is, if it's an awards show, it's good not to spoil it for viewers on the West Coast who catch it later, but on a series, I feel the next day's log enough.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2009, 06:42:46 AM »

In addition to DR Jennifer's little reminder about HOUSE being preempted for a special edition of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, there are a couple of other notes about tonight's viewing:

the CBS line-up of comedies and CSI: MIAMI are all in repeats tonight.

TRAUMA tonight reveals a gay character among its regular cast. I plan to watch just to see what's up with that. SInce I've dropped HEROES, the only Monday show still in my rotation is CASTLE.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2009, 06:43:49 AM »

Happy Birthday to occasional DR Jed.

DAW

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2009, 06:53:25 AM »

Sorry, I do not wish to get dragged into the SPOILER debate, which seems to rear its head here every so often.  I have my own views on this, which I shall not share.

My comment to JRand59 was in regards to his post on the Titanic book(s).

Thank you.  We now return you to your regular HHW programming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2009, 06:53:54 AM »

Speaking of last night's THE AMAZIN' RACE:

SPOILER WARNINGS:

I agree/disagree with some of the comments made last night.  For one thing, I think that many contestants realize beforehand that they have a fear of heights, water, etc., but they see the race as an opportunity to face and overcome those fears.  For me, it's one of the delights of the show when we see a contestant come face to face with a task or stunt that they would have never even imagined themselves doing otherwise and they do go through with it.  The girl last night (Mika?) obviously was not ready to confront her fears and. yes, that was a major disappointment, even though I didn't really care for this team to begin with.  But what her partner attempted to do struck me as horrible and close to criminal.  You do not overpower and physically force someone to anything, let alone push them into something that they are not willing to do!  The guy was more than just a jerk!  There are other ways to handle a situation like that--remember last year when the two sisters were stuck at the swimming pool because the younger one was deathly afraid of water?  The older did cajole, but she kept telling her sister that she would support her whether she went through with it or not.  Her sister's mental well-being was more important to her than losing a million dollar competition.  And then the jerk had the balls to say that HE forgives HER?  Give me a break...

Likewise, the Globetrotters are also on my shit list.  Yes, you want to do everything you can to win, but they crossed that line.  Out-and-out unsportsmanlike behavior.  Looking forward to their auffing...
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2009, 07:09:23 AM »

I don't think a competitive television show is the best place to face one's fears and phobias, especially if your partner is in it not for fun but to win a million dollars. That is, unless one got it straight before the race ever started that these might be issues and that it might cost them the race. Then the partner could decide if he wanted to participate under those conditions or not.

Perhaps once they found out they were cast, they might have sought out some place to work on those phobias ahead of time. I think trying to deal with something that is that paralyzing "under the gun" is foolish and likely unproductive.

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2009, 07:11:07 AM »

Now I'm heading downstairs to check for any UPS deliveries, clean my bedroom, and then get cleaned up myself for lunch outing today with best friend John.

WBBL.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2009, 07:48:40 AM »

Happy Birthday, Jed.

I hope that wasn't a spoiler.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2009, 07:51:28 AM »

Off for a friend-filled Monday in NYC...bye for now!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2009, 07:52:25 AM »

DR DtM - Mr Sondheim answered a question via mail for me.  I think if you write, you will probably receive an answer in return.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2009, 07:53:39 AM »

That's why I stopped posting anything about ANY g&^$d*#n television show.  Being chastised on a public board about what I can and CANNOT write is ridiculous.

So I will just refrain from writing anything about television and make one or two people happy.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2009, 08:05:34 AM »

That's why I stopped posting anything about ANY g&^$d*#n television show.  Being chastised on a public board about what I can and CANNOT write is ridiculous.

So I will just refrain from writing anything about television and make one or two people happy.

You should be selfish like me, DR JRand1959, and not care! ;)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2009, 08:11:56 AM »

Look at it this way--at least someone's reading your posts, LOL.  I sometimes go for months around here without getting a response.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ben

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2009, 08:22:25 AM »

Look at it this way--at least someone's reading your posts, LOL.  I sometimes go for months around here without getting a response.  ;)

What? Did you just say something?  ;)

Kerry

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2009, 08:22:35 AM »

I'm sorry--but did you say something?
I like boat races.

Ben

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2009, 08:23:20 AM »

In approximately 15 minutes we will be sitting down to Chinese food (or at least ordering said food) with Ginny and Richard.

Ben

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2009, 08:24:11 AM »

Sorry, Kerry, not quick enough  ;D

Laura

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2009, 08:24:16 AM »

I also never post about television shows. Or the fact that I like Canadian geese.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2009, 08:27:14 AM »

I like Canadian geese.

Broiled or fried?

JMK

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2009, 08:27:41 AM »

I'd post about television shows, but I fear no one save for JR is interested in Frances Farmer Presents.  ;)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up