Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: MR. BIG  (Read 17065 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: MR. BIG
« Reply #330 on: October 29, 2009, 10:14:26 PM »

Since NBC has elected to drop TRAUMA after its original 13-episode order and bring CHUCK back earlier than planned and adding 5 more episodes to its order, looks like there will be something to watch on NBC on Mondays after all.

Nice!  I never watched "Trauma," so I'm not heartbroken about that, but I love "Chuck." 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #331 on: October 29, 2009, 10:23:19 PM »

Grey's Anatomy was very different tonight.  I think things are going to calm down from the mania of the merger. I'm curious to see how it will all shake out

Cillaliz

« Reply #332 on: October 29, 2009, 10:24:33 PM »

DR Elmore -you're here!  How was your evening? Fabulous I hope

Cillaliz

« Reply #333 on: October 29, 2009, 10:27:35 PM »

Guess I'll have to wait until morning to see....I'm really sleepy and tomorrow is another day....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #334 on: October 29, 2009, 10:30:39 PM »

We're a hit! I have so much to tell, from the gypsy robe ceremony to the party that I will do it all tomorrow. The show was to begin at 6:45 but we began a little after 7 pm. Among the audience: Arlene Dahl, Trevor Nunn, Bran Dennehy, Judy Blazer, Rob Fisher and a lot of family and friends. Seeing the show was a lot like seeing the final performance of Lansbiry and Cariou in SWEENEY TODD: every moment, every entrance got applause; Terri White's "Necessity" and the gospel quartet on "The Begat" stopped the show dead. The 15-20 minute intermission must has lasted 30 minutes; the ailes were packed with folk tryng to hit the bar or the johns and being stck in enormous traffic jams. After the show I ran backstage to join everyone in a champagne toast, and then it was off to the party. The word late in the evening was that we're getting pretty solid raves and I am ecstatic over it. I picked up opening night Playbills for DRs George, TCB, and JRand59. I think a loy of the reviews we deserved and some of them are HHW vibes doing their best.

I'm tipsy and very tired so I'll continue the story tomorrow. Thanks for posting the reviews online, DR JRand59! I can't wait to read them all.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #335 on: October 29, 2009, 10:34:35 PM »

We're a hit! I have so much to tell, from the gypsy robe ceremony to the party that I will do it all tomorrow. The show was to begin at 6:45 but we began a little after 7 pm. Among the audience: Arlene Dahl, Trevor Nunn, Bran Dennehy, Judy Blazer, Rob Fisher and a lot of family and friends. Seeing the show was a lot like seeing the final performance of Lansbiry and Cariou in SWEENEY TODD: every moment, every entrance got applause; Terri White's "Necessity" and the gospel quartet on "The Begat" stopped the show dead. The 15-20 minute intermission must has lasted 30 minutes; the ailes were packed with folk tryng to hit the bar or the johns and being stck in enormous traffic jams. After the show I ran backstage to join everyone in a champagne toast, and then it was off to the party. The word late in the evening was that we're getting pretty solid raves and I am ecstatic over it. I picked up opening night Playbills for DRs George, TCB, and JRand59. I think a loy of the reviews we deserved and some of them are HHW vibes doing their best.

I'm tipsy and very tired so I'll continue the story tomorrow. Thanks for posting the reviews online, DR JRand59! I can't wait to read them all.

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND THE CAST AND CREW AND EVERYONE AT FINIAN'S RAINBOW!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #336 on: October 29, 2009, 10:34:55 PM »

And thanks for the Playbill!! :-*

FJL

« Reply #337 on: October 29, 2009, 10:35:28 PM »

Congrats, Larry!

FJL

« Reply #338 on: October 29, 2009, 10:35:50 PM »

What great news for td!

François

« Reply #339 on: October 29, 2009, 10:46:23 PM »

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:49:29 PM by François »

François

« Reply #340 on: October 29, 2009, 10:52:56 PM »

Well, we know How Are Things On Broadway, but

How Are Things in Glocca Morra, may we ask?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_VsewKJrCo&feature=related

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #341 on: October 29, 2009, 11:09:15 PM »

Just got home and must read posts tomorrow.

Had a great evening at Royce Hall with R. Crumb.

What a wonderful person, very funny.

Had some funny things to say about France too.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 11:18:43 PM by Sam »
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #342 on: October 29, 2009, 11:18:03 PM »

I did buy "The Book of Genesis".  It took 4 years to draw.   The original pages are on display at the Hammer Museum right now.  After the book was published he found one mistake on one page, had the museum take it off the wall so he could fix it.   Also bought "Heros of Blues, Jazz and Country, which includes a cd from his collection of 78RPM records from 1927-1931.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 11:19:51 PM by Sam »
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #343 on: October 29, 2009, 11:18:25 PM »

Time to sleep.  Night all.

Sam

« Reply #344 on: October 29, 2009, 11:20:14 PM »

Hi George.

George

« Reply #345 on: October 29, 2009, 11:36:43 PM »

Hi and good night, Sam.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up