Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: MR. BIG  (Read 17102 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: MR. BIG
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2009, 08:29:17 AM »

BROKEN LEGS GALORE TO ELMORE & THE FINIAN CREW.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2009, 08:30:23 AM »

bk's description of THE PRISONER (probably my all-time favorite TV show) on Blu-Ray makes me want to get the set and a player. I wonder if he has stock in Blu Ray technology and knows how to hit us all in our week spots?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ben

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2009, 08:31:26 AM »

No, Laura, the time change in the U.S. happens at 2am on Saturday/Sunday. The rest of the world including Great Britain did it this past Sunday so I guess my computer just decided it wanted to do it early.

Laura

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2009, 08:32:17 AM »

Thank you, Ben.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2009, 08:33:31 AM »

Oy--one of my Pops choir members wants to do this song as a solo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUajb1uogF8

I'm having a hard time transcribing it on these lo-fi speakers.  Some of those ambiguous chromatic chords over the Eb and Ab pedals are driving me slightly insane.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2009, 08:34:13 AM »

bk's description of THE PRISONER (probably my all-time favorite TV show) on Blu-Ray makes me want to get the set and a player. I wonder if he has stock in Blu Ray technology and knows how to hit us all in our week spots?

Someone might have an extra copy just lying around here for a suitable bribe.  ;)

JMK

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2009, 08:35:51 AM »

I should think Johnny Mercer's original handwritten lyric to either SKYLARK or MIDNIGHT SUN might suffice.  ;)

Edisaurus

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2009, 08:42:19 AM »

I forgot to post to yesterday's TOD, but my first "home away from home" was my starter house that I bought 30 years ago in Marietta. It was in such a bad neighborhood (mostly WWII era duplexes built for Bell Bomber workers) that my mom cried when she saw it. The neighborhood ultimately deteriorated so much due to slumlords (some of Marietta's most respected citizens!) that the city bought most of the properties from the slumlords at outrageous prices (700k an acre)  gave a huge TAD incentive to a great developer who started building really nice and expensive houses and some town homes. My street was the only one that wasn't bought up, because it wasn't "that bad". (Dang!) So I lived there until we moved in to Atlanta a few years ago. This nice development didn't get finished and the acres of woods torn down behind my house are a "PVC farm". I am now an "absentee landlord" but have responsible tenants, and am very happy in Atlanta. (Just wish this house was bigger!)

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2009, 08:47:58 AM »

Someone might have an extra copy just lying around here for a suitable bribe.  ;)

Hmmmm...well, I do happen to know that there will be a new Johnny Mercer song released next month. It was a lyric he wrote that was never set to music until recently by a composer whose songs we all know and love!

There were many rare TV appearances floating around (most of the great stuff didn't get used because it was more important to pay homage to any great writer except Johnny...grrr...) so it there's anything in particular you're looking for I could try and snag it before we donate everything to the Mercer archives.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2009, 08:54:52 AM »

I've won some eBay bids, sent a few "break a leg notes" and now I ned to run out and buy a few cards.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2009, 08:58:41 AM »

DR DRUXY what part did Charla play in VILLAGE OF THE GIANTS....I just watched it on DVD the other day.

I certainly enjoy  Mr BIG's films....

ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE
EARTH vs THE SPIDER
THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN & WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST
CYCLOPS
THE BEGINNING OF THE END

All of the classics.

Her character's name was "Nancy". 

You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2009, 09:03:15 AM »

Nancy..... I shall look for her next time.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2009, 09:21:19 AM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And on "day three", I believe I have a cold. Or something or other. Whatever it is has settled into my throat, and when I tried to speak earlier, I was quite literally caught off guard by the two-octave drop in my voice. Well, maybe more like a just and octave and a half.  Not so profundo of a basso, but I most definitely do not sound like a tenore today.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2009, 09:22:52 AM »

Thank you, Ben.

It's a fall back situation by the way. Spring Ahead Fall Back. So at 2am it becomes 1am.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2009, 09:23:47 AM »

She also played Jimmy Stewart's youngest daughter in TAKE HER, SHE'S MINE.
You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2009, 09:25:51 AM »

Pride Festival this weekend in Atlanta. Along with Halloween, it should be a very festive weekend!

And here in NYC, not only will all the usual Halloween festivities be going on (along with with ING NYC Marathon on Sunday), but the annual Chocolate Show is taking place this weekend too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2009, 09:29:50 AM »

I have a new(ish) computer at work and it seems to be working much better than the old one except for a quirk with the time. On Sunday it followed the rest of the world (not the U.S.) and reverted to Standard Time. Nothing I do will keep it at the correct time so I went into Time Zones and changed from Eastern to Atlantic. That seemed to work but again today the time changed on its own. Well I glanced down at the task bar and saw that it was 11:30 and I thought "hmm, I'll go to lunch early" instead of glancing at my watch to see the correct time. I came into the apartment and Anthony said "you're home early. Lunch isn't ready" Well, I was there an hour early. I have to talk to tech people. I know I have Service Pack 3 for Windows XP and no one else's computer here at the office has changed over. I don't know what's going on unless someone is trying to gaslight me!

DR Ben - It sounds like your computer is checking in with the time server in Greenwich (UK), and not the one based out of the U.S. Naval Observatory in DC.

When in doubt, you could always check in at time.gov.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2009, 09:34:17 AM »

Pride Festival this weekend in Atlanta. Along with Halloween, it should be a very festive weekend!

Is there a convenient way to discern who belongs to which festivity?

Since the latter is the OFFICIAL holiday of the former, I'd say "No".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Julie

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2009, 09:34:54 AM »

Feel better vibes  to DR Jose.

I would like to hear your voice two octaves one and a half octaves lower.  ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2009, 09:36:13 AM »

Festive and Fabulous!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2009, 09:36:30 AM »

The BIG soundtrack must remain a mystery for now.  And it's certainly not the Holy Grail soundtrack - and the Holy Grail soundtrack is a Holy Grail for me - others may not feel so.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2009, 09:39:21 AM »

Feel better vibes  to DR Jose.

I would like to hear your voice two octaves one and a half octaves lower.  ;)

Thank You, DR Julie.

Although, at this point, I have a feeling that if I tried to talk for more than a minute or two, I'd probably have no voice left.  Thankfully(?), I'm feeling fine otherwise. No fever. No aches. Just a little bit of fatigue.

*And, thankfully, due to a scheduling change and/or mix-up, the voice lessons I was supposed to play for today were either cancelled and/or re-scheduled.  And/or something like that. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Julie

« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2009, 09:44:05 AM »

Yesterday, I was able to spend a few hours really going through the complete exhibit of Celebrating 50 Years of Lincoln Center, over at the Library for the Performing Arts.  I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.  It's there until mid-January.

There are many interesting film clips to watch.  Some of performance highlights over the years, from all of the different arts that have found a home at Lincoln Center.  Interviews with famous artists, such as Luciano Pavaroti, Beverly Sills, George Balanchine, Leonard Bernstein, etc., clips from groundbreaking ceremonies back in 1959 when construction was just getting underway, and many other interesting things to see.  Also, some costume exhibits, set models, and programs in display cases.  A very worthy way to spend a couple of hours on a rainy day.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2009, 09:44:30 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.

Laura

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2009, 09:44:48 AM »

Thank you, Ben.

It's a fall back situation by the way. Spring Ahead Fall Back. So at 2am it becomes 1am.

We don't do that here. I just need to know where California is, time-wise.

We should still be on the same time now. I wonder why none of the ministers are in their offices?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2009, 09:47:53 AM »

She also played Jimmy Stewart's youngest daughter in TAKE HER, SHE'S MINE.

Ah....I saw that movie several times at the theater......she got the nice final bikini shot if I remember correctly.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2009, 09:50:16 AM »

Thank you, Ben.

I like getting that extra hour during my weekend!

I dislike have an hour snatched away from my weekend when it is the other way around.

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2009, 09:50:57 AM »

DR Julie - we enjoyed the Lincoln Center exhibit, too.  The listening areas were all occupied, so I just stood back and watched a bit.  I spent more time looking at the print materials than Richard did (he went elsewhere in the library to read).  The costumes were something to see, especially the little (really, REALLY little) yellow dress from Contact.

That NYPL location will always be special to me, because it's where I had the epiphany right before my senior year in high school that led me to my career as a librarian.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2009, 09:56:48 AM »

No, Laura, the time change in the U.S. happens at 2am on Saturday/Sunday. The rest of the world including Great Britain did it this past Sunday so I guess my computer just decided it wanted to do it early.

My cell phone did this.   Threw me for a HUGE loop the other morning.  Thought I was losing it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2009, 09:59:16 AM »

It's beautiful outside today.

Inside, it's on the chilly side.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up