Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GETTING READY  (Read 25037 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:GETTING READY
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

The day is waxing, FINALLY...and I'm as contentious as I was this morning.

I had a GREAT lunch, though....

Pancetta, red onions, heirloom tomatoes and mozzarella sauteed with olive oil, garlic and basil served over penne.

YUM!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2006, 03:50:26 PM »

And I started a new page!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2006, 03:51:26 PM »

Someobdy better warn TomovOz that I'm closing in on him on the post totals....I'm a mere 685 posts behind him!

François de Paris

« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2006, 03:56:39 PM »

Happy Laura to DR Cake!

I mean... Voeux de Joyeux Anniversaire pour notre Chère Lectrice Laura!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2006, 04:06:25 PM »

Anything for an edge!

LINE PASS

Eat a Roach and Be the First in Line
AP
GURNEE, Ill. (Sept. 21) - Why wait in line when you can just eat a cockroach? That's the question Six Flags Great America is asking its thrill seekers during its Halloween-themed FrightFest. The amusement park is daring customers to eat a live Madagascar hissing cockroach in exchange for unlimited line-jumping privileges.

The promotion, which has Lake County Health Department officials shaking their heads, starts Oct. 7.

Anyone who chows down the entire 2- to 3-inch horned cockroach gets a pass for four people to cut to the front of ride lines through Oct. 29.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2006, 04:12:05 PM »

I was being kind.

Thank you. Woody says I should always depend upon the kindness of strangers.

der brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2006, 04:20:42 PM »

S-T-E-L-L-A !

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 04:21:14 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2006, 04:32:47 PM »

Back for but a moment - I did all the music charts for Em and Al today, and I now have to go pick them up at Staples and then go Fed Ex them to Emily.  I've been in storage facilities and I had a nice lunch, but I haven't stopped doing since this morning and I'm ready to sit on my couch like so much fish.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2006, 04:33:25 PM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NYC HHW ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to our DRvixmom, who spoke to our DR Tomovoz.  We will meet on Saturday morning at 11 AM in Shubert Alley.  If any other DRs want to join us, you now have the time and the place.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 04:33:59 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2006, 04:46:24 PM »

Allo, I am still around, I have just been very busy and I will catch up on posts later....

Today was Matt's last airdate on Days... BOOO!! Guess I no longer have to watch days...

I wanted to drop by quick and wish DR Laura the happiest of Birthdays and I hope she has a spectacular day!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2006, 04:47:23 PM »

I assume she was talking about the shuttles on a loom...

Not in MY story. For me talking about the Space Shuttle in 1880 is much more interesting. And as she's not here to argue, who's to say which one it is?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2006, 04:50:54 PM »

Not in MY story. For me talking about the Space Shuttle in 1880 is much more interesting. And as she's not here to argue, who's to say which one it is?

I am with you, Maria!
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2006, 05:04:19 PM »

I have decided, upon reflection, to go through this day uncontented.
You're going to loose all your contents?

The visual image alone is...

:P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2006, 05:27:17 PM »

Let me know when Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders) needs company!

der brucer

Der Brucer is always on the lookout for a good bridge partner.  I've never figured out the danged game.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2006, 05:37:57 PM »

After two days spent wrangling shopping carts at work, I am remarkably sunburnt.

I can say that quite honestly, because I remarked about it to der Brucer just a little while ago.

Right now, we have no idea when, or if, our regular cart wrangler is coming back.  But Dixie, my direct boss, has told me that next week the carts will be handled by two of the others on staff.  And on weekends, we've got the high school kids to do the job (but nowhere near as efficiently as I!   ;D).

It was a nice change of pace while it lasted.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2006, 05:42:38 PM »

The tv news announcer just asked "Is Elizabeth Taylor dating again? Tune in at 5," and I thought: carbon dating, perhaps.

ROTFLMAO

Last month we were watching a show on ancient Egypt, and an archeologist said he had been in Cairo dating mummies.

I turned to Joe and said, "I hope I never get that desperate!"
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2006, 05:45:44 PM »

Finally back home and exhausted from all the running and lifting.  

Why Fed Ex will be going into the toilet: I went to ship a medium fed ex box of music charts to Emily Skinner.  Weight - barely anything.  In the old Fed Ex days, maybe eighteen bucks.  Cost for AFTERNOON delivery tomorrow? $48.00.  I had them do it for Monday and it was still $25.00 but I'd missed the express mail cutoff for today anyway.  Cost of express mail from the USPS (also trackable and guaranteed by morning)?  About fifteen bucks.  Goodbye Fed Ex - never again, and I suspect I'm not the only one saying it.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2006, 05:49:31 PM »

Bruce! There you are. You can call me - I'm at the apt...
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2006, 05:50:32 PM »

Cell fone does NOT work here... I left the loft number on your voicemail earlier today.
PennyO

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2006, 05:58:35 PM »

One of the tabloids sold at work has a headline for this week's issue, stating that Nichole Richie is the new Karen Carpenter.

Give me a break.

Karen Carpenter had talent.

:P

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2006, 05:59:27 PM »

And, with that, I'd better get dinner on the table.

Italian sausage, pasta, broccoli.

(Nope, no spinach.)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2006, 06:24:19 PM »

Tonight I fixed the dish that I had at Coco's with BK last month -- chicken breast with basil cream sauce with garlic mashed potatoes.

Luckily I had a cake mix in the cupboard. A glue-sticked birthday cake would be unseemly. I don't think it photographed too well:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2006, 06:53:37 PM »

Der Brucer is always on the lookout for a good bridge partner.  I've never figured out the danged game.

Perhaps honeymoon bridge?

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 06:56:15 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2006, 07:23:52 PM »

Just had a mighty long but good conversation with PennyO.  We now have a good plan for what will happen.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2006, 07:32:33 PM »

Good Evening!

...So after listening to the opening of the show, I went ahead and headed out for some shopping.  :)

I had to get a set of elbow and wrist guards, and some knee pads since I recently bought a pair of inline skates.  Yes, inline skates.  Well, actually, they're "outline skates".  I got a pair of LandRollers.  I first saw them on "The Dog Whisperer" - he wears them.  So...  So far, I've just ventured up and down the hallways here in my apartment building, but I think I may give them a try in the parking lot tomorrow.  -Excited and scared.  ;)

And then it was off to Target to pick up a DVD player... Oh, maybe I'll get the DVD recorder... Oh, the DVD/VCR combo is on sale... So...  The DVD/VCR combo it is!  Was!  In any case, I know own a DVD/VCR combo.  Alas, it's not a DVD-R/VCR combo, but at least now I can catch up on my DVD viewing during the rest of my time down here in DC.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2006, 07:37:10 PM »

DRs elmore and WFO - I had forgotten that Michael Hunsaker was/is in Singing Nun....  We had a sort of "reunion" a couple of months ago when he came over to the apartment for a party - he remembered me - and vice versa - from various SETC auditions in years past.  A real good guy.  And, yes, very easy on the eyes too.  And it turns out he's also a neighbor of mine - he lives just a couple of blocks away.

Oh - and if any DR would like to see "more" of him, he has a website too:

MichaelHunsaker.com

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2006, 07:48:04 PM »

Finally back home and exhausted from all the running and lifting.  

Why Fed Ex will be going into the toilet: I went to ship a medium fed ex box of music charts to Emily Skinner.  Weight - barely anything.  In the old Fed Ex days, maybe eighteen bucks.  Cost for AFTERNOON delivery tomorrow? $48.00.  I had them do it for Monday and it was still $25.00 but I'd missed the express mail cutoff for today anyway.  Cost of express mail from the USPS (also trackable and guaranteed by morning)?  About fifteen bucks.  Goodbye Fed Ex - never again, and I suspect I'm not the only one saying it.

It really is amazing just how much FedEx rates run now for anything over a "Letter" weight.  Heck, even some of the "Letter" rates are a bit "surprising".  And the Saturday delivery rates are totally ridiculous.

When FedEx took over Kinko's a few years ago, they lowered the rates in order to entice people to come into Kinko's and mail their packages with them.  They were even offering free packing services.  Then a few months down the line the rates went back to "normal".  Ah, well...

And even though the USPS may not always be "on time" when it comes to their Express Mail service, I've had my share of FedEx woes too.  And getting a refund from the USPS for not meeting their guaranteed delivery time is a heck of a lot easier than getting one from FedEx.

*However, I do like how the last pick-up time for FedEx packages in Manhattan is 8:30pm at some locations.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2006, 07:51:29 PM »

Tonight I fixed the dish that I had at Coco's with BK last month -- chicken breast with basil cream sauce with garlic mashed potatoes.

Luckily I had a cake mix in the cupboard. A glue-sticked birthday cake would be unseemly. I don't think it photographed too well:

Regardless of the quality of the photograph, I'm sure it still tastes/tasted  good.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2006, 07:57:22 PM »

Well, let's kick it over to seven!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!