Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: I GOT THE SUN IN URANUS AND THE MOON IN MARS  (Read 34602 times)

Cillaliz

Re: I GOT THE SUN IN URANUS AND THE MOON IN MARS
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2012, 09:46:26 PM »

Time for bed.   I do have a hearing in the morning and have to deal with the traffic in the afternoon...Bill Clinton is coming to town.  I've seen him twice or would probably go, but it's an outdoor event and you can't usually see or hear as well at those events.

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: October 11, 2012, 09:47:25 PM »

He's coming for a congressional campaign.   And, like almost all events here...it's free.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2012, 09:53:58 PM »

Tonight, I had a dream come true... and a new job.  I've always wanted to play piano in a restaurant.  We have a small local chain of restaurants in the Bay Area that had a chain of "Opera" Cafe's where the waiters/waitresses sang.  Over the years, the singing became less and less and recently, the pianists sang as well as played.  Well, to make a long story short, I "Auditioned" this eve, played and sang and accompanied some people, and got a position there playing on Saturday nights starting in November.  I'm really excited to finally get to be able to do something like this. 

How did I get in?   Well, I guess I can mention that the DP is leaving the Four Seasons Hotel to take a job as Bakery Manager for Max's Restaurants here in the Bay Area.  Same people that have the aforementioned "Opera" cafes.  He will over see the bakery for the restaurants as well as their wholesale and catering departments.  It's a great move for him financially and for his career.  It's a great position for lots of room for growth and incentives.   

And these are the days of our lives.

Laura

« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2012, 09:58:58 PM »

Time for bed.   I do have a hearing in the morning and have to deal with the traffic in the afternoon...Bill Clinton is coming to town.  I've seen him twice or would probably go, but it's an outdoor event and you can't usually see or hear as well at those events.

He was here yesterday or today. Somewhere.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2012, 10:00:25 PM »

That's wonderful, Matthew! Will you take requests? Can we make requests?

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2012, 10:04:47 PM »

That's wonderful, Matthew! Will you take requests? Can we make requests?

Yes, and yes. 

Laura

« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2012, 10:07:22 PM »

Yay! What kind of things will you play?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #187 on: October 11, 2012, 10:12:44 PM »

Tonight, I had a dream come true... and a new job.  I've always wanted to play piano in a restaurant.  We have a small local chain of restaurants in the Bay Area that had a chain of "Opera" Cafe's where the waiters/waitresses sang.  Over the years, the singing became less and less and recently, the pianists sang as well as played.  Well, to make a long story short, I "Auditioned" this eve, played and sang and accompanied some people, and got a position there playing on Saturday nights starting in November.  I'm really excited to finally get to be able to do something like this. 

How did I get in?   Well, I guess I can mention that the DP is leaving the Four Seasons Hotel to take a job as Bakery Manager for Max's Restaurants here in the Bay Area.  Same people that have the aforementioned "Opera" cafes.  He will over see the bakery for the restaurants as well as their wholesale and catering departments.  It's a great move for him financially and for his career.  It's a great position for lots of room for growth and incentives.   

And these are the days of our lives.

Congrats, Matthew!  And to the DP's new job, too!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2012, 01:39:12 AM »

Finally back after the show, a brief visit with Alet and then a little late-night meeting with a singer who wants some help figuring out an act.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up