Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CALL OF THE NEW BEDDING  (Read 17417 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE CALL OF THE NEW BEDDING
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2010, 02:29:21 PM »

So I better post away before I leave

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2010, 02:29:32 PM »

There, that's better

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2010, 02:29:39 PM »

Jennifer, I'm not sure I could behave at a four-hour preschool graduation.

I hope you have fun and that both little niece and graduating niece behave.

Surprisingly my 1 year old niece Jadie was very well behaved.

I think the song and dance part was only like 2 hours. It was so odd. Who knew that they would prepare a spectacle for kids graduating from daycare. Who knew you could even graduate from daycare.

Everyone was wearing white. The girls wore white dresses. And the boys wore white shirts, beige pants/shorts and green ties.

The highlight was the last song number. They stopped the show for 2 minutes and the kids put on leis. My niece and one other girl changed into their bathing suits and authentic Filipino grass skirts and flowers on their heads.  And they sang a song called Pearly Shells.  Basically it was my niece and this other girl singing and everyone else in the background sort of singing/swaying.

My niece is a big singer and dancer. And it was the most hysterical thing. She was swaying back and forth like a hula dancer while shouting out her song. It was definitely the best number.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2010, 02:30:36 PM »

HWHC told me he's going to be doing some plumbing work on one of his restoration projects this weekend....pumbing you say???  I happen to need to have a little repair in the basement bathroom before the big hoard of bike riders stay in my yard in July.  He said it would only take him 20 minutes to do a job like that...I said "good, then you'll do it for me?"    He said yes.   I like this guy more all the time, lol.

:)

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2010, 02:30:40 PM »

They all got diplomas and corsages and medals. All for daycare graduation?  It was pretty cute though.  I think they really prepared these kids well for kindergarten. Although sadly only 1 other kid out of 20 is going to the same school.

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2010, 02:31:32 PM »

I'm looking forward to the party.  It's going to be a casual thing with some good friends.  Should be a very pleasant evening. I am taking buffalo summer sausage.  Some with jalapeno and some without

Jane

« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2010, 02:32:32 PM »

Jennifer, I'm not sure I could behave at a four-hour preschool graduation.

I hope you have fun and that both little niece and graduating niece behave.

The highlight was the last song number. They stopped the show for 2 minutes and the kids put on leis. My niece and one other girl changed into their bathing suits and authentic Filipino grass skirts and flowers on their heads.  And they sang a song called Pearly Shells.  Basically it was my niece and this other girl singing and everyone else in the background sort of singing/swaying.

My niece is a big singer and dancer. And it was the most hysterical thing. She was swaying back and forth like a hula dancer while shouting out her song. It was definitely the best number.

Cute :) 

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2010, 02:33:12 PM »

HWHC told me he's going to be doing some plumbing work on one of his restoration projects this weekend....pumbing you say???  I happen to need to have a little repair in the basement bathroom before the big hoard of bike riders stay in my yard in July.  He said it would only take him 20 minutes to do a job like that...I said "good, then you'll do it for me?"    He said yes.   I like this guy more all the time, lol.

:)

He is difficult, but not in a bad way, just in a "things could be done a lot easier" way.  But he knows it, so it's not quite so bad.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2010, 02:34:46 PM »

The Lovely Wife is watching AVATAR on DVD.  I know I should go see it; but somehow I just can not summon up the enthusiasm to do so.

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2010, 02:34:47 PM »

Sounds like a huge production for pre-school. But it sounds like the kids had fun and that's what counts

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2010, 02:35:25 PM »

Richard is off to Oxford to rehearse with the Men's Glee Club Alumni for tomorrow night's concert, which Rob and I will attend together.  Fortunately, they're rehearsing and performing an air-conditioned auditorium.  In previous years, they've done the concert in a tent - too hot & humid for that.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2010, 02:41:23 PM »

I am still alive.. rattled and have seen WAY too many warnings, storm clouds and pictures of tornados hit too close to family and firends...

The weather adventure started yesterday morning...

Very heavy rain fell just to the west of Fargo in WEst FArgo and Horace to the north of North Fargo affecting Harwood, ND and Georgetown, MN. That area got nearly 4 inches of rain in less than two hours. However, at the airport they got less than an inch. Go figure!

After that Storms formed one after another and warnings left and right throughout ND and MN. SD also had their fair share. However, between part of north eastern ND and northwestern MN there were over 25 twisters. Several did significant damage and sadly several people lost their lives. NWS is saying this is the worst break out of Tornados  they have seen this far north. There was a lot of torrential rainfall with amounts ranging from 3 to 8 inches in the areas where the storms were training. Some of the areas that got rain didnot need any more rain since they have had heavy rain since late may.

Wadena and Mentor, MN were severely damaged.  The C-Store was destroyed in Mentor however, two women survived by hugging the toilet.

Here is an article on teh Wadena Tornado  http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/282223/

the front page of the Forum and Grand forks Herald have more stories on the adventures of Mother Nature being in a VERY BAD mood....

http://www.inforum.com/
http://www.grandforksherald.com/

They are suspecting the damage was possibly caused by more than one twister.

One tornado passed within a few miles of my mother's house near Grnad Forks. Many of relatives have very soggy and in some respects damaged fields and farm buildings.

Needless to say it was a stressful day and night.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2010, 02:43:55 PM »

Hi, DR DakotaCelt - thanks for reporting in!  Glad you're OK.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2010, 02:47:15 PM »

Dakota, you should move to Arizona. It is nice and warm here, and our monsoon storms are nothing like what you put up with there.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2010, 02:50:50 PM »

And I survived...

Some of hte sites I posted also have very interesting photos as does the facebook page for Valley News Live..

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=189785&id=59909762325

These were supplied by weather spotters and people throughout the valley.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jennifer

« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2010, 02:52:37 PM »

I don't know of anyone here who has a duvet.

Everyone i know has a comforter. It is what they use to cover themselves at night and has a color/and pattern that make it presentable to leave on top of the bed.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »

DR Dakota, that is a lot of twisters!!!  Stay safe!!!!!!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2010, 02:55:13 PM »

Vibes for DR Dakota and family. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2010, 02:55:31 PM »

IT is really humid out. But i think i am going to go on a bike ride now.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2010, 02:55:35 PM »

and for us to have that many is very unusual Jane

Jennifer

« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2010, 02:56:15 PM »

My sister gave me the first episode of TRUE BLOOD. So i will watch that tonight or tomorrow.

And i need to read. I have a book to finish. And 4 others i need to read in the next few weeks.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »

I have a Duvet

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2010, 02:59:31 PM »

I Have a Duvet - that's the title of my next novel.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2010, 02:59:58 PM »

Stay tuned for actual photographic evidence of the chili dogs and the bedding - coming any moment now.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2010, 03:01:59 PM »

I just finished some yummilicious Gold Star chili dogs - great, great, great (that is three greats).

Was it three dogs?

Jane

« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2010, 03:02:02 PM »

I don't know of anyone here who has a duvet.

Everyone i know has a comforter. It is what they use to cover themselves at night and has a color/and pattern that make it presentable to leave on top of the bed.

Years & years ago Keith brought home a duvet and duvet cover from his first business trip to Germany.  It was lighter weight while warmer than the comforters sold here.  Sometimes I would see stores that sold duvet's and the duvet's were all from Europe & similar to ours.  Now they are popular as are comforters that look like those early duvet's.

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2010, 03:02:38 PM »

Chili dogs and bedding...that is the title of MY new novel

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2010, 03:03:11 PM »

Or should it be Chilly Dogs and Bedding

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2010, 03:03:28 PM »

Chilly Dogs and The New Bedding