Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: MIDNIGHT AT THE OASIS  (Read 28815 times)

Cillaliz

Re:MIDNIGHT AT THE OASIS
« Reply #300 on: June 05, 2007, 08:00:17 PM »

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT

(But you won't see it here!)

Did you see the Dueling pecs? Bless us and save us Mrs. O'Davis

Michael

« Reply #301 on: June 05, 2007, 08:02:07 PM »

Haven't caught up with all the postings from the last few days. So this may have been mentioned/

Is there a website for the play Party Animals that BK is in?
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #302 on: June 05, 2007, 08:05:14 PM »

TOD - I think it was Seussical for me. I just thought it was dumb. It was a tour, don't know if that made any difference

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #303 on: June 05, 2007, 08:15:52 PM »

I didn't attend.  Apparently an invite was sent, but not received.  Oh well, we shall celebrate with pizza and that long overdue ice cream treat.

You never received it???  Rats!  I did not know this.  

We will have to celebrate with pizza and ice cream, and soon.  Just this last Sunday we were discussing that it'd been too long since we met up.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #304 on: June 05, 2007, 08:20:37 PM »

Oy! If I knew I would be on tv that long, I would have put on make-up this morning, lol. If they post the story later, I'll give you a link, but they showed quite a bit of me.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #305 on: June 05, 2007, 08:23:35 PM »

I have to say that it felt good to go and stick up for the building.  I'll have to photograph it during the next month in case we lose the battle

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #306 on: June 05, 2007, 08:41:29 PM »

TOD - Lost in Translation - I know millions thought it was the best movie ever, but we found it oh-so-tedious.

So did I. I found nothing about it worthy of all the commendations it received, but I certainly did know folks who liked it a lot. I didn't.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #307 on: June 05, 2007, 08:44:59 PM »

I enjoyed Lost in Translation, but I don't know why.

Matt H.

« Reply #308 on: June 05, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »

I finished the episode of THE CLOSER I had started, the one with Richard ROuntree trying to save him son from being killed by the cops. It was a good one from the first season.

Matt H.

« Reply #309 on: June 05, 2007, 08:47:03 PM »

I watched one more CLOSER episode from the first season, the one with Mark Fuerstein as the psychiatrist whose professional partner was murdered. This is the one where Lt. Flynn was at his most devious in trying to bring down Brenda Leigh.

Matt H.

« Reply #310 on: June 05, 2007, 08:50:28 PM »

Next, I picked back up with FROM THE TERRACE where I stopped watching it last night. I didn't get to the end of it (still have about 20 minutes to go), but I was only halfway enjoying it. I liked Ina Balin a lot, but this kind of melodrama where things happen just at the moment of something else occurring (Newman's father dying right as Paul is getting ready to be married; Joanne's former finace just happening to be invited to a party when Paul can't make it home due to business) is just so artificial and calculated.

I liked THE LONG HOT SUMMER much, much more than this. Glad I didn't spring for the DVD.

Matt H.

« Reply #311 on: June 05, 2007, 08:52:28 PM »

I watched the Kathy Griffin comedy special on Bravo. It certainly made me laugh out loud a couple of times, but I didn't find the comedy consistently laugh out loud funny. I certainly "get" her mantra, and it makes me smile more than guffaw. Margaret Cho can make me laugh out loud much harder and more often than Kathy.

Matt H.

« Reply #312 on: June 05, 2007, 08:53:13 PM »

The season finale for THE SHIELD was 90 minutes tonight, and it was chock full of action and surprises. Terrific end to a marvelous season, one of its best ever.

FJL

« Reply #313 on: June 05, 2007, 09:01:45 PM »

My eyes must be a little fuzzy tonight.  I could have sworn people were talking about duckling pecs.

And I won't say what I thoguht I was reading when it actually said Duck You Sucker.

Matt H.

« Reply #314 on: June 05, 2007, 09:03:28 PM »

I'm heading downstairs now to go to bed.

Good night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #315 on: June 05, 2007, 09:08:34 PM »

My eyes must be a little fuzzy tonight.  I could have sworn people were talking about duckling pecs.

And I won't say what I thoguht I was reading when it actually said Duck You Sucker.

I can't even explain it, but I'll try....two guys flexing their pecs independently to Dueling Banjos. I'm sure it will make YouTube

FJL

« Reply #316 on: June 05, 2007, 09:11:56 PM »

Hmmm...I was going to go to bed early tonight, but now it's too late to do that.

MBarnum

« Reply #317 on: June 05, 2007, 09:37:44 PM »

My Tomovoz made HHW Birthday CD finally made it to Salem.

I think my post man was confused to see a package from Australia as he had recently commented on the amount of packages I have been getting from India.

Tomovoz

« Reply #318 on: June 05, 2007, 10:20:36 PM »

Good to know DR MBarnum.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #319 on: June 05, 2007, 10:28:12 PM »

We've just returned from the Pirates 3 movie. A lot of fun. Unlike DR Vixmom, we had no problem with the "choices".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #320 on: June 05, 2007, 11:22:10 PM »

DR George - the Curtains CD was released today. I pre-ordered from Amazon. I got an email that it shipped on Saturday, but I haven't gotten it yet

I haven't gotten mine, yet.  It's supposed to be delivered on June 8th...Friday.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #321 on: June 05, 2007, 11:47:19 PM »

I watched the Kathy Griffin comedy special on Bravo. It certainly made me laugh out loud a couple of times, but I didn't find the comedy consistently laugh out loud funny. I certainly "get" her mantra, and it makes me smile more than guffaw. Margaret Cho can make me laugh out loud much harder and more often than Kathy.

I really like Margaret Cho, but I love Kathy Griffin. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #322 on: June 06, 2007, 12:02:31 AM »

It will take three weeks for my curtains to arrive. (probably). I shall avoid all the possible jokes about the hanging of such.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #323 on: June 06, 2007, 12:35:39 AM »

So...what's taking BK so long?

Tomovoz

« Reply #324 on: June 06, 2007, 12:38:45 AM »

He's hanging curtains?
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #325 on: June 06, 2007, 12:40:14 AM »

Here's a post:  I bought a shredder. :) Actually, I got a confetti paper shredder so that all of my personal documents ( ;) ) can be shredded into tiny, small pieces so that it can't be put back together.  And it'll help with recycling. :)

George

« Reply #326 on: June 06, 2007, 12:41:29 AM »

He's hanging curtains?

This reminds me of a joke that I've posted before...I hope no one minds the repeat:

CURTAIN RODS

She spent the first day packing her belongings into boxes, crates and suitcases. On the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things.

On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining room table by candlelight, put on some soft background music, and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar, and a bottle of Chardonnay.

When she had finished, she went into each and every room and deposited a few half-eaten shrimp shells, dipped in caviar, into the hollow of the curtain rods. She then cleaned up the kitchen and left.

When the husband returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days. Then slowly, the house began to smell. They tried everything; cleaning and mopping and airing the place out. Vents were checked for dead rodents, and carpets were steam-cleaned. Air fresheners were hung everywhere.

Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters, during which they had to move out for a few days, and in the end they even paid to replace the expensive wool carpeting.

Nothing worked. People stopped coming over to visit... Repairmen refused to work in the house...the maid quit...

Finally, they could not take the stench any longer and decided to move.

A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they could not find a buyer for their stinky house. Word got out, and eventually, even the local realtors refused to return their calls.

Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place.

The ex-wife called the man, and asked how things were going. He told her the saga of the rotting house. She listened politely, and said that she missed her old home terribly, and would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting the house back...

Knowing that his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on price that was about 1/10th of what the house had been worth...But only if she were to sign the papers that very day. She agreed, and within the hour, his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

A week later, the man and his new girlfriend stood smirking as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home...

...including the curtain rods.

I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING, DON’T YOU????

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #327 on: June 06, 2007, 12:56:32 AM »

Sorry, back late because a few of us went out after the performance.  I must now write the notes in a hurry.

Shayne - I'm not IN The Party Animals, I directed it.  www.thepartyanimalslive.com  at least I think that's what it is.

singdaw

« Reply #328 on: June 06, 2007, 01:08:11 AM »

My Tomovoz made HHW Birthday CD finally made it to Salem.

I think my post man was confused to see a package from Australia as he had recently commented on the amount of packages I have been getting from India.

That's because you're just such an International Man of Mystery!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #329 on: June 06, 2007, 01:09:10 AM »

I shall avoid all the possible jokes about the hanging of such.

Why?  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up