Author Topic: MOW  (Read 32151 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:MOW
« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2006, 07:55:42 PM »

I also have a screen capture from Penn and Teller

The Doctor is IN!!!   ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2006, 08:18:04 PM »

There was also the comedy clunker IT COULDN'T HAPPEN TO A NICER GUY in which Paul Sorvino was raped--by a girl.

I remember this! I watched a re-run of it one night, and I've been wondering what the name of it was for years. Sorvino gets raped by a good looking woman, and nobody believes it. It was played for laughs. Probably never see this thing again with a premise like that.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #242 on: June 21, 2006, 08:20:27 PM »

Good wishes for DR Elmore's trip and for his father's condition.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2006, 08:22:13 PM »

DR MS - I think RODZINSKI was referencing two different movies on purpose....punctuation notwithstanding....

You got it, JRand. (It's not like I'm an editor for a living or anything! D'oh!)
The Desi Jr. ABC MOW that featured "Time in a Bottle" was called SHE LIVES. The tune became a posthumous #1 for Jim Croce.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:22:43 PM by Rodzinski »

Matt H.

« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2006, 08:22:21 PM »

I started my evening with another WILD WILD WEST episode, this one not featuring any famous guest stars but featuring loads and loads of Robert Conrad bare chested.

The man was chiseled in his prime. Absolutely gorgeous (and you can tell that he knows it.)

Matt H.

« Reply #245 on: June 21, 2006, 08:24:57 PM »

Then came BIG BROTHER. Seeing those 20 faces and clips from the various seasons sent a flood of memories coming back to me.

I still maintain that Season 2 was the all-time best one.

I know Dr. Will Kirby is one of those popular guys you love to hate, but honestly, I think those that have won before shouldn't be entered. I suspect as with SURVIVOR All-Stars, they'll get rid of previous winners as early as they can, but I still would rather see those who didn't win be the only ones eligible to compete.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #246 on: June 21, 2006, 08:26:37 PM »

Later, after his prime, say during the BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP DAYS, he would captain the NBC team on Battle of the Network Stars and lose a man on man sprint against Gabe Kaplan.

Matt H.

« Reply #247 on: June 21, 2006, 08:27:17 PM »

Ended my evening with BE COOL, the sequel to GET SHORTY. Not nearly as entertaining as GET SHORTY even though they tried to throw in every famous Hollywood name they could into the movie to give it some lure for the audience (it did not do well at the box-office).

But at almost 2 hours, I think it was at least 30 minujtes too long for the slight story they had to tell, and all the plots and counterplots got so tedious after awhile.

Matt H.

« Reply #248 on: June 21, 2006, 08:29:47 PM »

Later, after his prime, say during the BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP DAYS, he would captain the NBC team on Battle of the Network Stars and lose a man on man sprint against Gabe Kaplan.

And I'll bet he didn't take losing kindly either.

For years, he and Ryan O'Neal tried to get a network to buy into a celebrity boxing series (decades before Fox did a few celebrity boxing specials). O'Neal got to do his boxing movie THE MAIN EVENT instead, and Conrad played an ex-boxer on his series THE DUKE.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #249 on: June 21, 2006, 08:30:40 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~SAFE AND STRESS FREE TRAVEL VIBES FOR DEAR ELMORE~~~~~~~~~~~[/move][/color]

You  and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.  I think you are doing exactly the right thing.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:30:59 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2006, 08:39:06 PM »

TOD:

I cannot remember watching a single Movie of the Week.  We were a one TV family and the only thing I can imagine is that my Dad didn't care for them.  Growing up in my house, if Daddy didn't want to see it, NOBODY was going to see it!

We did however watch  the miniseries Roots, Sho-Gun and The Thornbirds

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2006, 08:40:29 PM »

And I'll bet he didn't take losing kindly either.

You got that right, Matt. Nobody took the Battles of the Network Stars as seriously as Conrad. He used to get so angry. Type A stuff. The reason he had to race Gabe Kaplan solo is because Conrad was complaining in the first place during the team relay that one of the ABC runners had interfered with an NBC runner. There was a big argument, and Kaplan finally just said, let's go, and everyone thought Conrad would win, but Mr. Kotter blew him out.

vixmom

« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2006, 08:52:03 PM »

I had a scary moment this evening.  I dropped the Vixter off at her rehearsal which I was told  would be from 7:30 - 10 PM.  The rehearsal space is about 20 minutes from home.  At 9:48, as I was enroute to collect her, my cell phone rang with a voice mail (why it didn't ring with the intiial call is a mystery) with  the message.. "Come and get me right now. It's really dark and I'm freaking out"  now she's supposed to be inside with the director and his wife and the accompianist and a bunch of other kids so now I am freaking out over this message  and I hit the return call button (I am minutes away anyhow) and get the director's cell phone voice mail. So I leave a message that I am nearly there.

I arrive at 9:52 to find the building locked up  and no one present except for two older ladies who advise me that no one is there, they  saw all the kids leave and the only two cars in the parking lot are theirs. They leave and I am all alone

I call the director's phone.. voice mail again.  I leave another message,.  I call home to Vixdad... he hasn't gotten a call or a dropped off kid

Over the course of the next 20 minutes I make three more calls to the director's phone only to get voice mail and two more to home, becoming more and more frantic with each passing moment

Suddenly I think I hear voices..... I walk through some bushes and lo and behold!  There is another parking lot and entrance on the other side of the building accessible only from a different road than the one I came in on.  There stands my darling  Vixter, the director, his wife, the accompianist, the other kids.... all wondering where the %*^(* I am  !!!

Great was my relief! And I'm getting there at 9:30 from now on!!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:57:06 PM by vixmom »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: June 21, 2006, 08:52:53 PM »

There is a gal on the Connotator that has several shows of Battle of the Network stars... They are a riot to watch..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #254 on: June 21, 2006, 08:53:11 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I'm packed... almost...  Just toiletries to take care of in the morning...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #255 on: June 21, 2006, 08:54:10 PM »

Well, I'm heading off to bed now. A friend has invited me to his pool for swimming and sunbathing tomorrow, so I'll be on a bit earlier than usual tomorow before I head off to his house.

Good night.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: June 21, 2006, 08:56:49 PM »

DR elmore...

Safe Travel Vibes To You.

May you have a cherishable (is that a word?) visit with your father and the rest of your family.  My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend.

*I just wish that I could chauffeur you to La Guardia tomorrow morning... I'll see you when you get back in town.  Take care.  And Peace.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #257 on: June 21, 2006, 08:56:51 PM »

Yikes Vixmom, I am glad everything worked out!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #258 on: June 21, 2006, 08:58:40 PM »

DR vixmom - Whew!

*Now my question is: Was the vixter really freaking out?  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #259 on: June 21, 2006, 08:58:46 PM »

~~~SAFE TRAVEL VIBES TO OUR DEAR JOSE!!!!~~~~~~[/color]

vixmom

« Reply #260 on: June 21, 2006, 09:01:01 PM »

DR vixmom - Whew!

*Now my question is: Was the vixter really freaking out?  ???

The lights in the parking lot had gone out so it was dark and some of the kids were telling creepy stories and scaring each other so she was "getting creeped out", in her words!

I do believe that my freaking out beat hers hands down!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2006, 09:01:13 PM »

All's well that ends well, Vixmom.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #262 on: June 21, 2006, 09:01:25 PM »

OK...  Well, it's almost midnight here, and I need to start winding down my brain - just way too many details and stuff going through my head right now...  So...  Until Poughkeepsie...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #263 on: June 21, 2006, 09:04:06 PM »

Haven't posted an LP cover in a spell, as MBarnum reminded me. This is not from a recent purchase. I think I got it in Ohio, at "Ohio's Largest Antique Store."

vixmom

« Reply #264 on: June 21, 2006, 09:04:09 PM »

All's well that ends well, Vixmom.

Yes indeed.... but it made me realize that in the next few years she is going to be starting to wander the world on her own and I am NOT ready!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 09:05:21 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #265 on: June 21, 2006, 09:15:54 PM »

Well I am off to bed - pleasant dreams to all...

and a special ~~~VIBES~~~ for peaceful and restful night especially for Elmore.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #266 on: June 21, 2006, 09:17:26 PM »

Aww, Thanks, DR vixmom - I just wish that I could take the MetroNorth train up tomorrow morning - I just love that trip along the Hudson... But since I have to come back into the city over the next couple of days, the train would be a little extravagant...  Although with the gas prices being what they are...  We shall see... Again, Thanks.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #267 on: June 21, 2006, 09:35:21 PM »

Haven't posted an LP cover in a spell, as MBarnum reminded me. This is not from a recent purchase. I think I got it in Ohio, at "Ohio's Largest Antique Store."

A striptease PARTY??? Who knew?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: June 21, 2006, 09:44:52 PM »

Som more questions for ASK BK DAY.

How many episodes of LIKELY STORIES were there?
Did each episode have a Volume # after it?

Which ones did you appear and/or work on and what did you in them?

The Barry Manilow Parody Songs are brief snippets (heard of the CD The Music of Bruce Kimmel) is that how they were performed?

Any of the songs from The Elephant Man musical ever released on Cd or recorded by someone else?

I think there were three volumes of Likely Stories, but am not certain.  The Manilow spoof is exactly how you hear it on the CD, snippets - it's really funny on video, though.  The Elephant songs have never been released - they're funny, too.  I appeared as Barry in Concert, and I also appear as "Anthony Newley" in Elephant!.  In my other major contribution to the show as writer/director, a soap opera on cable spoof called The Lays of Our Lives, we've got Gerritt Graham, Timothy Carey, and Debralee Scott.  Somewhat amusing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: June 21, 2006, 09:47:13 PM »

BK:
YOU HAVE A PREFERENCE FROM SCREEN GRABS FROM TABITHA?

ALONE
or with anyone of the actors?

Any good close shot with or without actors.  I'm much more interested in Partridge Family, though.  I think I have two episodes on volume two, and one of them, The Partridge Papers is my most famous episode, so that one would be great to have.  I don't know if Give The Band A Hand is on any Happy Days set - although it had to be the first or second season, but that's a great show, too.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up