Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: WE'RE ON OUR WAY  (Read 116034 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:WE'RE ON OUR WAY
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2007, 06:21:53 AM »

But did you touch the statue?   ;)

Methinks said sculpture will stay in our minds. Is it on one of Jose's walking-and-eating tours yet?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2007, 06:25:02 AM »

MOVING VIBES to DR GINNY!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2007, 06:28:27 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I don't have to play any auditions today.  :)

*During the past three weeks, I've played 13 full days of auditions.  Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2007, 06:29:40 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  Today's a self-declared casual day - I'm in my cleaning & moving clothes for the big cubicle switcheroo.

Someone at my office (not me) is also moving from one cubicle to another. Must be a trend. Now I just have to remember that she moved on Monday morning when I deliver printouts to her desk.

Ben

« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2007, 06:30:18 AM »

Oh, yes, Congrats to our Jose. Put a stick in that boy's hand and there's no stopping him.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2007, 06:30:31 AM »

Methinks said sculpture will stay in our minds. Is it on one of Jose's walking-and-eating tours yet?

Why, yes, it is.  There is a matching "wife" sculpture on the other side of the atrium lobby.  There's nothing to rub there, but a lot of people opt for the rear-view photo opportunity.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2007, 06:31:26 AM »

Oh, yes, Congrats to our Jose. Put a stick in that boy's hand and there's no stopping him.

Well, I'd have to stop some time.  If I don't stop while I have a stick in my hand, I'd go blind.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 06:42:57 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2007, 06:32:18 AM »

Wowwee Zowwee!!
[/color][/size]
[/b]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]

CONGRATS TO DR JOSE!!
[/move]

[/size]
on his new music gig!

singdaw

« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2007, 06:33:53 AM »

And what, dear Singdaw, is AT ESOTERIC WAY?

Why, HHW itself, of course!   ;)

td

• td
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2007, 06:34:12 AM »

Last night, my accompanist (Matt Brown) and I got together for a nearly three hour session, in which we attempted to nail the twenty or so songs constituting a new cabaret.  We ate no ham chunks.  We did however, sans music, do an impromptu "I Can't Help Falling In Love" (key of E-flat) which we may just add to this little cabaret.  Last night was the first time I tried to sing all of these songs without looking at lyric pages or sheet music, with many new lyrics made up on the spot.  :-[
I believe that the hardest piece, memory wise, that we're working on is Rodgers & Hammerstien's "I Am Going to Like it Here," which just goes off in its own directions lyrically and melody-wise.  The melody I've got, it's just those darned words. . . :-\

Following the get-together, I watched a most excellent film on dvd, entitled, THE HONEYMOON KILLERS.  Criterion did a great job with the film, which has a remarkable performance by Shirley Stoler and a compelling performance from Tony LoBianca.  Based on a true 1940s series of murders, the film is starkly photographed in black and white, features a score from Gustave Mahler (!) and is just plainly one of the best films of the late 1960s early 1970s.  I'm glad that I finally caught up with it.  Now, I'll also seek out DEEP CRIMSON and LONELY HEARTS which are both based on the same true tale.

Then, I must have slept in a bad position, for I have a major muscular pain in my neck, which a massaging showerhead somewhat relieved, and which, hopefully, a Tiger Balm patch will alleviate while I'm working.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2007, 06:34:25 AM »

Why, yes, it is.  There is a matching "wife" sculpture on the other side of the atrium lobby.  There's nothing to rub there, but a lot of people opt for the rear-view photo opportunity.

Nothing to rub?? Never mind. I won't go there.

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2007, 06:34:50 AM »

Great news DR Jose.

td

• td
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2007, 06:34:50 AM »

Oh!  TOD:
Elvis at the Movies on cd.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2007, 06:36:20 AM »

Someone on a theater chat board just saw fit to comment on a second posting of our press release (have no idea why it was there again, but always happy to see it) - mind you, there was also a second posting of the Such Good Friends release right below ours.  He didn't comment on that so it's an LA person with an agenda - he says he saw the show and it was "marginally entertaining".  That's fine, but why comment with "we've seen this press release why do you keep posting it" - twice doesn't mean they keep posting it, but if they want to, who am I to say boo?   This is why once we get near performances, I will NOT be visiting these chat boards - too many people with agendas who are just waiting.  And since I was at the show every night in LA, and I know the LA people who post on the board I know who this is - and if he does it again, I'll just let everyone else know.  And it's funny that he didn't post after he actually saw the show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2007, 06:36:48 AM »

I shall now be on my way to our meet and greet/read-through/rehearsal, after which I shall return.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2007, 06:38:18 AM »

I'm waiting for the tub-resurfacing guy to show up and resurface the bathtub. He didn't sound too organized on the phone. Let's hope it goes well. Replacing the tub and shower just isn't an option.

singdaw

« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2007, 06:38:46 AM »

***SOOTHING NECK MUSCLE VIBES AND MEMORY VIBES***[/size][/color]
for DR tb!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 07:04:35 AM by singdaw »

Jennifer

« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2007, 06:38:51 AM »

DR Cillaliz, re: BIG BROTHER

No, i don't consider howie anything like dick donato. Howie was a goof, who was occasionally mean.  Yes a couple of times he was a bully.  But he taunted whats-her-name.  Dick has abused and threatened a bunch of people.  Dick is way more abusive than howie.

singdaw

« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2007, 06:39:43 AM »

Replacing the tub and shower just isn't an option.

Because you don't want to go through the hell that DRs Laura and Sandra went through?   ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2007, 06:41:59 AM »

Otherwise, Thanks for the continued Congrats regarding my potential conducting duties over at Mary Poppins.  I'd say the earliest I'd ever get on the podium would not be until sometime in November, and, frankly, I don't think I'd be comfortable getting on the podium - with a stick in my hand - until sometime in November.  Late November.

However, after observing last night, from my stand point at least, it would be an easier show for me to conduct than it would be to play.  There are just a LOT of notes in the Keyboard 2 book - I don't even want to think of tackling the Key 1 book at all right now - and having to coordinate the MIDI piano technology is quite the feat in itself.  But that's where I'll have to start off.  *And, thankfully, by playing the rehearsal book, that should make learning the Key 2 book a little easier.  In the meantime, I'll have to brush up my scales and arpeggios.

But conducting the show is by no means an easy feat.  With all the dance sections in the show, there's a lot of tempos that have to be locked into my body.  Additionally, there's a ton of rubato - give and take of the tempo - throughout most of the musical numbers in the show.  And there's a lot of music.

I'd have to say it would be one of those situations where if I were called in an emergency situation to conduct the show sooner than later - say, like tomorrow (which I'm not) - that that would be "easier" to do than conducting the show a few weeks from now.  I'd just have no time to be scared.  Well, I would be, but I seem to have a knack for dealing with last-minute musical emergencies.  There's just no time to think of the (possible) mistakes I could make.

-Does that make sense?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2007, 06:45:19 AM »

Tub-resurfacing wasn't on my list. It's one of those things that just popped up while Matt and I were trying to take care of all the things that are actually ON the list.

Sigh. I'll be glad when all this is done.

singdaw

« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2007, 06:45:27 AM »

-Does that make sense?

In a word:  YES.

However, there's no remedy for any young children sitting in the front row and peering into the pit, sighting THE ENABLER holding a stick.   ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2007, 06:47:08 AM »

td - I like "new lyrics".  Especially if someone can still manage to make them rhyme.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2007, 06:48:16 AM »

DR Jose - allow me to add my congrats for your impending Poppins gig!

Signing off for now - it's about time to move the computer (Jared's going to help me).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2007, 06:51:36 AM »

(Jared's going to help me).

THIS one?

Jennifer

« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2007, 06:58:35 AM »

DR Cillaliz, yes in Canada we get all the major US stations (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC...).  The only channels we don't get are HBO (although if you buy the movie network here they carry those shows), US Bravo (Canadian bravo has their own list of shows) and channels like that.

So if i remember i will be watching the POWER of 10 on tuesday (although i actually think this show is also carried on a canadian station).

I am very curious to see who won. You'd think in a one on one it would be daniele.  But amber was mentioning talking to her cousin. So she might have been the one of the two to go forward.

Actually if it is between these two, i hope amber actually gets some money (for her daughter).

singdaw

« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2007, 07:02:32 AM »

DR JoseSPiano:  Have Paul and Joanne called you yet?

Composer John Kander to Be Honored at Gala Evening at
Westport Country Playhouse

Tony Award-winning talents Shuler Hensley, Debra Monk, James Naughton, Bebe Neuwirth, David Hyde Pierce, Chita Rivera, Ben Vereen and Karen Ziemba will take the stage of Westport Country Playhouse, Westport, Connecticut (Tazewell Thompson, artistic director, Jodi Schoenbrun Carter, managing director) to celebrate guest of honor John Kander, the Tony Award-winning composer of “Chicago,” “Cabaret” and “Curtains,” on Monday, September 24.

Westport Country Playhouse artistic director Tazewell Thompson said, “All this talent, all on one evening, all in one place---Westport Country Playhouse! We are proud to have Broadway’s ‘best of the best’ saluting a true gentleman of the Broadway stage. This is a once-in-a-lifetime, unforgettable spectacular!”

The annual benefit to support Westport Country Playhouse will honor the theatrical achievements of legendary songwriting team John Kander and the late Fred Ebb. All of the artists performing in this unique event have starred in Kander and Ebb shows and are Tony Award winners.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2007, 07:04:17 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2007, 07:05:34 AM »

DR JoseSPiano:  Have Paul and Joanne called you yet?

Alas, no, they haven't called me yet.  :(
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2007, 07:07:08 AM »

But I guess I should go ahead and make my appointment at the hairdresser now.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Up