Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK  (Read 20371 times)

Cillaliz

Re:INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2006, 08:24:44 PM »

Cilla! You bought the book!!! Oh, how very nice of you! Yep, every once in awhile, someone buys a copy off Amazon or Barnes and Noble.com. It's always such a welcome surprise! PS - another of my 2nd amendment bud's says you should go to NRA.org, re: your elderly "gun nut who reads books" case. Frequently, they will have their legal dept do research for you, and write amicus briefs, sometimes they have the Big Guns (you should pardon the expression) call you with research/funding.

I have been told that there is an NRA lawyer already interested, but I haven't heard from anyone yet.  Thanks for the support.

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2006, 08:27:14 PM »

I just wan the guy withthe liposuction machine... take a little outa here , put  a little in there

;D

I want the same guy to take a little outta here and dispose of it properly

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2006, 08:28:48 PM »

AND I'll be reading from my book and, hopefully, signing copies they will have purchased, AND I'll be collecting private clients for after the class, whom I'll gently nudge toward completion of their manuscripts, poetry, movie scripts, kids' book, whatever - and my grant ap to the Arts Commission asked for funding to pay for up to two hours of my private time with up to six individual students... so we'll see whose dream i can set a fire under! I LOVE THIS!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2006, 08:29:56 PM »

I want the same guy to take a little outta here and dispose of it properly
Proper disposition might be hooters on the less voluptously-endowed among us...
PennyO

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2006, 08:31:01 PM »

I see we've passed the crucial point, so I'm off to bed.  Is anyone watching this Showtime series BROTHERHOOD besides me?   It's sort of an Irish SOPRANOS set in Providence, Rhode Island, and the cast is quite wonderful.  It's certainly more focused than THE SOPRANOS, which I love, and I'm becoming quite addicted to it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2006, 08:34:34 PM »

Ah, a warm Sunday evening, both kitties are doing well, preseason football has begun -- All's right with the world!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2006, 08:38:43 PM »

I am not sure yet.  When the school calender comes out I will see what her schedule is... if possible I plan to take a day and come in and see you whether or not she is with me.  What are the exact days you will be there so I can mark my calendar?l

Richard and I arrive on Monday, October 2; Jane arrives on Tuesday or Wednesday (I think); and Cillaliz and her nephew late Wednesday afternoon.  We're all staying until the weekend, I think.  Richard and I fly out late Sunday afternoon.  Is MBarnum coming in for this trip?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2006, 08:40:04 PM »

Cillaliz -- I am glad to see that your nephew has joined our merry (marry, Mary) band.

Welcome DR jhvw![/b]
[/size]
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2006, 08:40:59 PM »

Penny sounds great.  I'm sure you'll provide tons of inspiration. I'd love to see you in action.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2006, 08:42:05 PM »

Has Ann caught up yet?
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2006, 08:43:30 PM »

...and this is your friendly travel agent, signing off for the night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2006, 08:44:17 PM »

Gotta go. night all

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2006, 08:45:21 PM »

Cillaliz -- I am glad to see that your nephew has joined our merry (marry, Mary) band.

Welcome DR jhvw![/b]
[/size]

Thanks all for welcoming him.  I'm glad he's here too.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2006, 08:46:20 PM »

COmpleted THE AVIATOR. I do love the sequence with Hughes pulling himself together and making his case at the hearings. A triumphant moment for him, and important for the viewer knowing as we do how sadly he ended up.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2006, 08:48:05 PM »

Next came THANK YOU, MR. MOTO. I didn't like it as much as the first MOTO, and I didn't think the transfer was quite as good for this one too - grainier and not quite as sharp.

Also, the movie really wasn't much of a mystery, more of a crime drama.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2006, 08:52:27 PM »

I had the DVR set to record DEADWOOD while I watched GREY'S ANATOMY, but ABC showed the pilot tonight, and I had no interest in seeing it again so soon after just seeing it when it was shown on Thursday night about a month ago. Disappointing.

So, I flipped back to DEADWOOD, stopped the DVR from recording it, and sat riveted by the tense doings on this episode. Oh, the upcoming face-off between Hurst's factions against the rest of the camp has really built uip tension to the breaking point. It has been hard for me to sit still due to the escalating violence going on for these past few weeks.

Terrific drama.

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2006, 08:53:42 PM »

ENTOURAGE had some fun sequences with Martin Landau playing a fabled Hollywood producer who lives with his memories, but who pulls out of his hat a surprise script that interests our main character. Nice episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2006, 08:54:48 PM »

RENO 911 had some good laughs tonight. My favorite sequence involved a singing preacher who's actually a dope dealer. SOme of the tunes did have me laughing.

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2006, 08:56:11 PM »

And since SOUTH PARK was repeating the Mel Gibson-PASSION OF THE CHRIST episode "The Passion of the Jew" which I never saw, I watched it. Very wicked jabs at Mel Gibson that made me laugh a lot.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2006, 08:58:48 PM »

The DVR is recording the Brad Pitt-Angelina Jolie MR & MRS. SMITH tonight on HBO-HD, so I'll probably watch that tomorrow. I didn't see it at the theater nor did I rent/buy the DVD. Should be interesting to finally get to see it.

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2006, 09:13:23 PM »

It's after midnight here, so I'm off to bed.

Good night!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2006, 09:21:13 PM »

It's not past midnight here...........in fact it is barely past 9:00, but my pupick is pooped for today, and I ain't gonna fight it.  So I'm going to fall over early and collapse.  (Jesus, maybe I can start eating dinner at 4:00 and then go to bed at 7:30 !! )  

Nighty Night DRs.......... sleep ghostless, DR elmore..........and sweet dreams and dark chocolate to Esteemed BK .

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2006, 10:01:54 PM »

Mmm Patti Lupone - a voice that shatters steel.

Horseracing. ::)

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2006, 10:04:27 PM »

My name is my initials and yes, I drive a small german car. It's my baby. A 76 gold beetle.

What a coinkydink!  I used to have a '76 orange Super Beetle!  I loved that car, but it died a slow death. :'( Fortunately, I wasn't stuck somewhere out in the middle of nowhere.  It just wouldn't start up anymore.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2006, 10:11:13 PM »

Welcome back, Vixmom...if only for a moment. :)

And Happy 51st Anniversary to your parents!! ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2006, 10:11:54 PM »

Sadly, this is all too true. ;)

George, I am glad I could point out the errant CDs!!

Glad your book are all reunited... I bet they were lonely ;)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2006, 10:14:22 PM »

I had a good afternoon of writing. It felt good to let my imagination wander...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2006, 10:19:19 PM »

Welcome jhvw!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2006, 10:22:29 PM »

Vixmom, I am glad to see you back!! You have been missed...

Glad to hear that Vixter had a successful run.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2006, 10:30:40 PM »

Glad to hear your mother is doing better vixmom
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up