Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: TIMELINES  (Read 5786 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: TIMELINES
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2019, 12:30:14 PM »

DR TCB what happened with the condo?

He who hesitates, is lost!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2019, 12:35:15 PM »

Sooooooooo......did you hesitate??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2019, 12:35:40 PM »

We don't really have much summer stock in the Northwest.  There is a theater group up in Leavenworth, WA, where former DR Jed worked, that does two family-friendly musicals every summer.  One of them is almost always THE SOUND OF MUSIC.  My friend, Jenny, who I did GUYS AND DOLLS with, played Maria for a few seasons up there.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2019, 12:35:52 PM »

Or did you POUNCE??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2019, 12:38:19 PM »

I spoke to my friend Janet who is one of the liaisons between the ACC and rescue groups.  She told me that if I want to adopt Scooter, he's mine and I cannot adopt him simply to save him and hand him over to someone else.  I am praying like mad that someone jumps in and adopts him before I am down to Sophie's Choice.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2019, 12:41:52 PM »

The only summer stock in my neck of the woods was the Kenley Players, and the few things I saw there were poor: Earl Wrightson, Lois Hunt, Sally Ann Howes and Terrence Monk in Blossom Time (OY!); Barbara Eden in Finian's Rainbow; Noel Harrison in Where's Charley?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2019, 12:51:06 PM »

Sooooooooo......did you hesitate??

I did.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2019, 12:52:11 PM »

I am on a rampage with the publisher right now.  I've gone straight to the top of the food chain.

Understandably.  Good luck!

Jane

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2019, 12:52:58 PM »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2019, 12:54:25 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2019, 01:03:46 PM »

Something else just as good will come along. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2019, 01:04:41 PM »

No, something better!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2019, 01:05:07 PM »

If it had been perfect, I would not have hesitated.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2019, 01:11:39 PM »

I spoke to my friend Janet who is one of the liaisons between the ACC and rescue groups.  She told me that if I want to adopt Scooter, he's mine and I cannot adopt him simply to save him and hand him over to someone else.  I am praying like mad that someone jumps in and adopts him before I am down to Sophie's Choice.

Did you contact a Boxer rescue group? He is part Boxer, yes?  Dog breed rescue groups will often get dogs out of shelters.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2019, 01:12:00 PM »

No, something better!

Vibes on that!

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2019, 01:36:20 PM »

Monday afternoon greetings!  Just had a nice phone chat with DR Elmore who called to check on me.  Sorry, I hadn’t realized it’s been a week since I last posted here.  Last week was kind of busy and then I went to a crafty gathering in Columbus on Friday and Saturday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2019, 02:12:16 PM »

After enough non-communication, I went right to the top of the food chain.  That nice person said he would take care of it, and ten minutes later I had my corrected galley, checked it, signed off on it, and at some point by morning it goes to the printers, then my gal, who was indeed out all day today and Friday (and Monday and Tuesday of last week), should be in in the morning and we'll get the new order placed.  If she's not, then the head guy will arrange everything and make sure it gets to the right printing plant.

George

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2019, 02:24:18 PM »

George

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2019, 02:24:29 PM »

After enough non-communication, I went right to the top of the food chain.  That nice person said he would take care of it, and ten minutes later I had my corrected galley, checked it, signed off on it, and at some point by morning it goes to the printers, then my gal, who was indeed out all day today and Friday (and Monday and Tuesday of last week), should be in in the morning and we'll get the new order placed.  If she's not, then the head guy will arrange everything and make sure it gets to the right printing plant.

That's great!

Jane

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2019, 02:44:24 PM »

Monday afternoon greetings!  Just had a nice phone chat with DR Elmore who called to check on me.  Sorry, I hadn’t realized it’s been a week since I last posted here.  Last week was kind of busy and then I went to a crafty gathering in Columbus on Friday and Saturday.

I have gotten used to you being super busy these days.

Did you have fun in Columbus?

Jane

« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2019, 02:44:45 PM »

Great news Bruce.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2019, 02:46:11 PM »

It is 66 degrees here and sunny.  Aside from the wind blowing a bit hard at times we had a lovely walk.  It feels good not to need a coat.

ChasSmith

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2019, 03:04:40 PM »

Welcome back, DR Ginny!

ChasSmith

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2019, 03:18:32 PM »

The only summer stock in my neck of the woods was the Kenley Players, and the few things I saw there were poor: Earl Wrightson, Lois Hunt, Sally Ann Howes and Terrence Monk in Blossom Time (OY!); Barbara Eden in Finian's Rainbow; Noel Harrison in Where's Charley?

I'm sure I saw Wrightson and Hunt in something or other. One of the few programs I have is for Gordon MacRae in Kismet. I believe we saw it in Columbus while on a visit from Florida, which would coincide with my having recently bought the vocal score and being blown away listening to the OCR.

I clearly remember Jan Peerce in Fiddler on the Roof, I think in 1971. I was very familiar by then with his singing, and he had appeared a couple of times with us in Cleveland. I remember being struck at the warmth he brought to the part of Tevye.

Ginny

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2019, 03:42:00 PM »

I have gotten used to you being super busy these days.

Did you have fun in Columbus?

I did!  The event was Simon Says CREATE.  I passed on the $700 package of classes, but went for Friday afternoon coloring with Kathy Racoosin, who blogs as The Daily Marker.  Simon Says Stamp, an online retailer based in Columbus brought in 40 stamp companies to do make & takes.  That’s what I did on Saturday - made 17 little projects and chatted with lots of people I follow on YouTube.  The make & takes were all free, but SSS had a shop set up and I spent some $$$ there.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2019, 03:42:56 PM »

Welcome back, DR Ginny!

Thanks, DR ChasSmith!  Richard and I went to Skyline for lunch today...

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2019, 03:46:06 PM »

DR John G., that's a nice collection of summer stock memories.

But I'm shocked, shocked, to hear about "this and that". This was a cast of adults, right?

Yes. But they knew their audience: old people who would have been shocked at the real lyrics.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2019, 03:46:27 PM »

Welcome back, DR Ginny!

Thanks, DR ChasSmith!  Richard and I went to Skyline for lunch today...

Jealous.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2019, 03:48:43 PM »

I would have liked to have seen Barbara Eden. Not a great actress, but I always liked her singing. I enjoyed her in the TV version of Kismet.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2019, 03:51:58 PM »

The library just got a copy of Rene Clair's And Then There Were None. I hope they didn't pay much for it as the print is in terrible shape. Strange to see Walter Huston in black tie after watching him last week as a Chinese father in Dragon Seed.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up