Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A WANDERING JEW  (Read 29852 times)

MBarnum

Re:A WANDERING JEW
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2007, 03:36:50 PM »

I'll repeat, if you were a Brain shareholder and you didn't get an e-mail about doing the payment, let me know and I'll resend.  We still have about seven people MIA.  If everyone comes through, then we can close out the shares, as we'll be completely funded for the NYMF fee.

BK, maybe you should let all those whose shares have been received by you, know that you got 'em...that way if someone sent a share, and you did not receive it, then they will know you did not receive it.

For instance, I don't know if you received mine or not. I am presuming you did...but I don't know for sure. It could be that you did not receive it and are cursing me at this very moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2007, 03:36:54 PM »

Pretty bird, even though it's tough to photograph -- yellow and black and crested.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2007, 03:43:09 PM »

There would have been more than 100 of the birds fly over here yesterday morning DearReader Laura - and now again this morning.  We have quite a few trees and shrubs providing the seed pods that they like.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2007, 03:44:53 PM »

There would have been more than 100 of the birds fly over here yesterday morning DearReader Laura - and now again this morning.  We have quite a few trees and shrubs providing the seed pods that they like.

Must be quite an exciting time walking around under those trees for you.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2007, 03:45:14 PM »

Very exciting, DR Tomovoz. We get hundreds of pigeons around here if we put out seed.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2007, 03:45:33 PM »

I had a good laugh listening to Rush Limbaugh for a bit today--he was ranting about the CNN/You Tube debate last night, because letting people ask the questions via YouTube was more evidence of "rank amateurs" taking over broadcasting.  I believe something along those lines was mentioned here a while ago.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2007, 04:05:28 PM »

For instance, I don't know if you received mine or not. I am presuming you did...but I don't know for sure. It could be that you did not receive it and are cursing me at this very moment.

Good idea.

I was sending two payments yesterday. One I had thought I'd sent months ago, and it hadn't gone through.

While I was there I sent my share payment. It didn't go through, as far as I could tell, so I sent it again today.

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2007, 04:06:50 PM »

Last night we heard barred owls hooting at each other. The night before, a screech owl (I think).

We are going to love living by a creek!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2007, 04:13:56 PM »

TOD: I have also been following the case of my friend's missing mother, but so far, there is no news, unfortunately.

There was a search organized last weekend and 250 volunteers showed up, but with no results.

Edisaurus

« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2007, 04:16:52 PM »

It's official---my DH and I will be in NY Sept 27-Oct 1. We hope to see STARFIGHTER on Friday night and BRAIN on closing night. We'll be staying at my old stand-by, The Wellington. I got very cheap flights on a Travelocity special right now and Wellington was offered as a package deal.

We haven't had a vacation together alone that wasn't work related for 5 or 6 years, so we're looking forward to it and the accompanying social events!

Edisaurus

« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2007, 04:18:15 PM »

No, off to do more house washing. Last night we washed the awnings, which were black after years of crud had accumulated. Tonight I will wash the vinyl on the house front until it gets dark (and the vinyl gets lighter!)

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2007, 04:33:32 PM »

Move update -- it's not happening.  Long story, just not the right time.  Onward and upward, I always say!

Onward and Upward vibes to DR Matthew!!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2007, 04:34:40 PM »

The first trial just began here in town of one of the two serial killers we had last year. I'm sure we'll hear about it every day.

This is the guy who struck near one of my favorite birding places, so that folks were afraid to go there for quite some time.

Who is his lawyer? Who is the prosecutor?  I wonder if I know them

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2007, 04:38:16 PM »

Spoo, I keep forgetting to offer Congrats to the best lawyer on the planet, Miss Cillaliz!!!

Wow! Thanks Ben, that's a lot to try to live up to.  Maybe I should hire you to do my PR

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2007, 04:41:14 PM »

Tomovoz, NICE photos!

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2007, 04:41:31 PM »

Very, very nice :)

I remember watching a news special on the bully that was killed by the townspeople.  You really couldn't blame them for getting rid of the guy & keeping quiet about it.

Thanks Jane, no you can't blame them, but it's very rare that no one in town cracked. They were interviewed over and over and no one talked.   That's a fascinating thing to me when almost everyone tells it all immediately.

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2007, 04:43:25 PM »

[ url = http : // esthervilledailynews.com/News/articles.asp?articleID=5612 ]THIS [ /url ]

THIS is how you do it, but don't use any spaces between the open and close brackets.  

Thanks George, I think I get it now.  I'll try it on my next link

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2007, 04:43:57 PM »

Laura - yes, I did.  We've gotten about nine people so far.  

You should have mine.

Jane

« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2007, 04:48:15 PM »

Edi-On my first trip to NY I stayed at the Wellington.  Because it was freezing there & I arrived limping, they upgraded my room to a suite, nothing fancy but I enjoyed it very much.  I found the area much nicer than my second stay in Times Square.

Jane

« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2007, 04:58:26 PM »

it's very rare that no one in town cracked. They were interviewed over and over and no one talked.  

I know, very intriguing.  That town really hated that guy, not a friend in it. ;D

Jane

« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2007, 05:02:21 PM »

MBarnum & JMK, or anyone-We are looking for a nice Oregon coastal town to stay in.  We normally go to Bandon but need to find one with an easier access to the beach for Sherlock.  We can't take him on too many stairs at once.

For us we want a charming town with shops & nice restaurants.

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2007, 05:05:16 PM »

DR Edi - congrats on making your plans.  

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make the trip, much to my chagrin.  It's just too expensive during that time.  With my business being less than 3 months old at that point, I just can't swing it. I will be cheering and sending vibes and keeping the home fries burning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2007, 05:06:35 PM »

I'll print the list of shares I've received upon my return - just got a call from Mr. Grant Geissman that now is a good time to enter what we hope will be my final set of corrections.

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2007, 05:08:46 PM »

Well, back to the office...I have work to do and ice cream to buy on the way there.

Jane

« Reply #234 on: July 24, 2007, 05:10:24 PM »

Cilla, I'm sorry you can't make the trip.  To my great disappointment the timing isn't good for me.  I think I would have had a place to stay in Brooklyn.

Jane

« Reply #235 on: July 24, 2007, 05:11:02 PM »

Cilla, just a cone or do you have a frig & freezer in your office?

FJL

« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2007, 05:11:38 PM »

Edi - That Friday night will be Last Starfighter's first performance, so if we're crazily rude that night, you'll have to forgive us - it will be nothing personal.  :)

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2007, 05:14:50 PM »

Who is his lawyer? Who is the prosecutor?  I wonder if I know them

Corwin Townsend and Suzanne Cohen. I think he will get away with it.

The DNA evidence matches him, but the witnesses had trouble identifying him.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #238 on: July 24, 2007, 05:16:58 PM »

Thanks George, I think I get it now.  I'll try it on my next link

Glad I could help! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #239 on: July 24, 2007, 05:17:41 PM »

If you want to petition Nike to drop Michael Vic, go to https://community.hsus.org/campaign/US_2007_dogfighting_nike
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up