Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LET ME JUST SAY THIS  (Read 69973 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: LET ME JUST SAY THIS
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2008, 03:53:11 PM »

Has anyone noticed to edit you just click the little pencil and paper next to your post.  That's kind of cool

Oh, that is where the spell check is. :) It seems easier to use than modify.

Or about the same, easier if you need the spell check.  I also like it has a cancel box. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #211 on: October 04, 2008, 03:56:02 PM »

Today I went to the Sioux City Public Museum and renewed my membership. They had some new SC history books etc, so I picked those up.  Then I went to Staples - then to the Lewis and Clark Interp Center. I was a docent a few years ago, but thanks to the gambling $$ coming in and the Iowa law that they have to distribute a certain percentage to the community, the Interp center has more than doubled in size since I was there last and now has a Discovery Center that had an exhibit of the photos taken when Garrison Keillor and another guy went in search of the real Lake Wobegon.

Then I went to the Renaissance Festival.   Truth be told I'm  about Renissanced out.  I like those fests, but I've been to so many that after I grabbed a turkey leg, a lemonade, watched the escape artist and figured out how he got out of the ropes, watched the falconry, walked around and saw the shops,  I was ready to leave.  One of my friends was working the gate and gave me some grief about leaving early, but hey, I went, paid the entrance fee and supported their project.  Who cares how long I stay.

Then I went to Barnes & Noble where I had a vanilla buttercream cupcake and a toasted marshmallow mocha at the instore Starbucks. I ran into a friend of mine. We used to share political views but don't anymore. He's one of the few people around here who I seem to be able to have a real discussion with and we both listen to each other and don't let each other off the hook.  It was a lively discussion that I really enjoyed.  He thinks I'm just having a mid-life crisis and will soon regain my senses.

Then I came home and mowed the yard, mulching the leaves that have fallen so far. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 04:01:28 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #212 on: October 04, 2008, 04:05:52 PM »

I met friends for lunch today, something I rarely do anymore.  It was very nice.  I decided to have the brain power lunch which was also the most expensive item on the menu, at one of the more expensive restaurants in town.  It was delicious & a treat I haven't given myself in a long, long while.

Town was busy today and I parked a nice walk along the park & creek.  Shortly after sitting down it began to rain, and shortly before we left the rain stopped :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: October 04, 2008, 04:08:54 PM »

Sounds like a nice day, DR Jane

Jane

« Reply #214 on: October 04, 2008, 04:10:32 PM »

It was thank you.  Yours sounds like a nice day as well. :)

Jane

« Reply #215 on: October 04, 2008, 04:11:37 PM »

I must say I'm pleased with the new software update on the site.  I'm just sorry it was such a nightmare for Bruce to get it in order for us.

Thank you Bruce.

Cillaliz

« Reply #216 on: October 04, 2008, 04:14:56 PM »

It was thank you.  Yours sounds like a nice day as well. :)

It was.  Now that I don't have Paul to do things with anymore, I've decided to make a concerted effort to get out and do things.  It's just too easy to never leave the house.

Jane

« Reply #217 on: October 04, 2008, 04:26:19 PM »

Especially when you don't live in a neighborhood.  Except for my hikes I have turned into a real homebody.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: October 04, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »

Back from the signing reading - we had about ten people, which is better than five people.  I did do the reading and it was fun, and the cake was very popular.  I met a couple of new people, which I always enjoy.  Sold only a few books, but the owners of the store said business has been just horrible, which is why none of their regulars were at the signing.  So, it was all fine, but I'm really miffed at the people who'd confirmed they'd be there and then had every excuse under the sun as to why they weren't - and then there were those who didn't even have the excuse, who just didn't show up.  Present were Hisaka, Miss Adriana Patti and her mother, Cason Murphy, a nice fellow from the film score board, occasional dear readers Mark and Amy, a 3D enthusiast, film composer John Scott, and a couple of others I didn't know.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: October 04, 2008, 04:31:39 PM »

I'll now relax until I have to go to the Hollywood Sheet Music event, which I'm really not looking forward to at all - it's about forty singers, only a couple of whom I've heard of and know, and apparently it's a tiny room and we have no idea how the food is (I'll be having dinner there).  Doesn't seem like a lot of thought went into it, but I'm there to show my support.  It's going to be a very long thing (there's no time limit) and I'm sure I'll bail after two hours.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #220 on: October 04, 2008, 04:41:42 PM »

I loves me my Kitty Pilgrim.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ben

« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2008, 05:18:30 PM »

Larry

Jose

NYMF

On the Town

Ben

« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2008, 05:19:47 PM »

Wonderful picture Jose. Whooda thought we could all squeeze together like that.

Ben

« Reply #223 on: October 04, 2008, 05:23:03 PM »

Breakfast was indeed wonderful. Amy is a dear and I wish she had more time but at least she's here on business and working.

Amy and I had egg white omlettes with lots of yummy vegetables. Jose had a Mykonos (sp?) omlette and Larry had a Classic Denver. All 4 omlettes came with home fries. We all had coffee, three whole wheat toasts and one rye toast. Larry had OJ and Jose had Grapefruit juice. That is the meal report from the Good Stuff diner. They were not exceptionally busy but they did let us sit there for a while after we finished our meals and we just chatted and laughed and had a good old HHW time.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #224 on: October 04, 2008, 05:23:59 PM »

Larry

Jose

NYMF

On the Town

Does that mean you hated I COME FOR LOVE?

Did you get to the Kenn Duncan exhibit and overdose on nostalgia?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: October 04, 2008, 05:24:37 PM »

Breakfast was indeed wonderful. Amy is a dear and I wish she had more time but at least she's here on business and working.

Amy and I had egg white omlettes with lots of yummy vegetables. Jose had a Mykonos (sp?) omlette and Larry had a Classic Denver. All 4 omlettes came with home fries. We all had coffee, three whole wheat toasts and one rye toast. Larry had OJ and Jose had Grapefruit juice. That is the meal report from the Good Stuff diner. They were not exceptionally busy but they did let us sit there for a while after we finished our meals and we just chatted and laughed and had a good old HHW time.

Nope, no OJ. Coffee only.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #226 on: October 04, 2008, 05:26:37 PM »

Larry, I did go up to Lincoln Center Library and the Kenn Duncan exhibit was great!!! I loved the pictures of George Maharis. The Red Shoes picture of Jerry Herman with the Judy Garland doll is wonderful. What a trip back in time. It was like pouring over issues of After Dark but all blown up. Some of those shots of actors from the 70s are amazing. Richard Thomas and Al Pacinio and Ian McKellen looking about 12 and Roger Rees. Anthony will be sorry he missed this. It's over before he gets back from Wisconsin. The Baseball and Music exhibit will still be up for a few days when he gets back so I will try to drag him over to see it.

Ben

« Reply #227 on: October 04, 2008, 05:27:28 PM »

Oh, maybe Amy had OJ or maybe she took it to another table. I saw her with two glasses of juice.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #228 on: October 04, 2008, 05:29:38 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #229 on: October 04, 2008, 05:31:35 PM »

DR Jane - What comprised the "brain power lunch"?
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: October 04, 2008, 05:32:57 PM »

So, people have or haven't seen I Come For Love?  I'd like to hear about it, having spent hours on the phone with the boys who wrote it, listening to their travails.

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: October 04, 2008, 05:36:43 PM »

Quote from what I'm watching "Linda has done a great job training and competing with this bitch"

Cillaliz

« Reply #232 on: October 04, 2008, 05:37:19 PM »

It's the Animal Planet Dog Championships

td

• td
« Reply #233 on: October 04, 2008, 05:39:44 PM »

I just bought a microwave at Sears.  I shopped for it on the internet, Mum picked it out.  I went and got it.  It's huge, but at least it cooks things thoroughly at the proper timing.
I bought two books at Borders as well:  BLOODLINE - the latest "Repairman Jack" novel from F. Paul Wilson and MAKING MONEY - the latest DiscWorld novel from Terry Pratchett.   
Also took a loan-out at Borders of AMERICAN LIGHTNING:  Terror, Mystery, the Birth of Hollywood, and the Crime of the Century by Howard Blum.  It's a slice of Los Angeles history, about a bombing which hit the L. A. Times Building and the subsequent investigation and trial.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #234 on: October 04, 2008, 06:00:18 PM »

Are we still on page 8? ? ?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: October 04, 2008, 06:06:43 PM »

Apparently we are.  Did Jose see I Come For Love or not?  I've asked about three times now. 

Ginny

« Reply #236 on: October 04, 2008, 06:11:42 PM »

Got home from work in time for the last quarter of the Michigan-Illinois game and wished I hadn't.  Richard and I ate some Shaddock's pizza for dinner and now he's getting ready to officiate at tomorrow's Morning Prayer and I'm about to crash.

The breakfast bunch looks great - I agree that DR Elmore is looking slim.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #237 on: October 04, 2008, 06:13:39 PM »

DR Jane - What comprised the "brain power lunch"?

I began with a cup of spinach soup, nice but not great.  It needed more seasoning.  My main meal consisted of a round of baked salmon, nicely flavored with little swirled patties of mashed potatoes and baby (very small) string beans.  It was very tasty & arranged very pretty.  I thought it was the best meal I have had at this restaurant.  I was the only one of four who ordered the special of the day. Considering the cost I almost got something else & then remembered twice today I was reminded of my lack of brain power. ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #238 on: October 04, 2008, 06:13:44 PM »

bk:

I gave my tickets to DR Ben so he will be my proxy this afternoon.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #239 on: October 04, 2008, 06:15:30 PM »

Got home from work in time for the last quarter of the Michigan-Illinois game and wished I hadn't. 

I must write and console my brother.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up