Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SEPTEMBER AND SESSION TWO  (Read 4373 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: SEPTEMBER AND SESSION TWO
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2014, 01:13:13 PM »

Page two?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2014, 01:13:22 PM »

Page three?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2014, 01:13:49 PM »

Should I eat prior to rehearsal?  That is the question, although I've waited so long it's probably not doable now.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2014, 02:02:51 PM »

By adult I mean not a book geared to children.

"Exodus" in 6th grade. 

Jane

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2014, 02:09:41 PM »

We are having a lovely day.  We went into town and walked around a little.  Lunch was good.  I ordered the barbecue salad & thought of DR John. 

Romaine, black beans, avocado, tomato slices, cucumber, tortilla strips and an herb buttermilk dressing.  It comes with cubed pieces of chicken dipped in BBQ sauce.  I usually toss the salad and then kind of pick out the chicken, maybe eat a couple of bites for the protein. 

Today I requested it without the chicken and extra beans.  I forgot that without the chicken I would be missing the secret ingredient that makes this salad special.  I was given a side of sauce and I dipped my tortilla strips in it and tossed the salad.  It worked :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2014, 02:12:51 PM »

And i am home from the movies. Matthew and I had to decide between BOYHOOD and LOVE IS STRANGE, which worked for out time slot. We went in expecting a comedy of sorts and emerged from a very moving independent film with a great cast: John Lithgow, Alfred Molina, Harriet Harris, Cheyenne Jackson, and Marisa Tomei in a really marvelous performance. It is not a comedy but it was truly wonderful and heartbreaking.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2014, 02:18:37 PM »

We are having a lovely day.  We went into town and walked around a little.  Lunch was good.  I ordered the barbecue salad & thought of DR John. 

Romaine, black beans, avocado, tomato slices, cucumber, tortilla strips and an herb buttermilk dressing.  It comes with cubed pieces of chicken dipped in BBQ sauce.  I usually toss the salad and then kind of pick out the chicken, maybe eat a couple of bites for the protein. 

Today I requested it without the chicken and extra beans.  I forgot that without the chicken I would be missing the secret ingredient that makes this salad special.  I was given a side of sauce and I dipped my tortilla strips in it and tossed the salad.  It worked :)

Sounds good.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2014, 02:19:39 PM »

And i am home from the movies. Matthew and I had to decide between BOYHOOD and LOVE IS STRANGE, which worked for out time slot. We went in expecting a comedy of sorts and emerged from a very moving independent film with a great cast: John Lithgow, Alfred Molina, Harriet Harris, Cheyenne Jackson, and Marisa Tomei in a really marvelous performance. It is not a comedy but it was truly wonderful and heartbreaking.

I really want to see both movies. Glad to hear Love is Strange is that good. And I love the cast.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2014, 02:20:55 PM »

Up from a nap that I enjoyed. The pie worked. It was really good.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2014, 02:29:36 PM »

I've just been watching some TV, but now I need to take a shower and do some laundry...a lot of laundry...and some more TV watching.  I still haven't watched Saturday's "Doctor Who"!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2014, 03:08:14 PM »

I really want to see both movies. Glad to hear Love is Strange is that good. And I love the cast.

It reminded me a bit of the Beulah Bondi film Make way For Tomorrow.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2014, 03:13:17 PM »

Today was the last day at the outdoor pool.  Luckily the weather was sunny and quite hot.

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »

That post took a really long time to go through.

Tomorrow is my younger nieces first day of kindergarten.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »

Is she excited?  How long is kindergarten there?  Ours is half day unless you need a before or after school program and then you have to pay for it.

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2014, 03:20:42 PM »

I saw that DR George said that it took him 8 minutes to post.  For my last post it did not seem to be going through (it usually goes back to the last post after it's posted). But I thought maybe it might have posted anyways. So I just clicked on discussions and saw that mine was the last post (it had gone through even though i was still waiting).

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2014, 03:22:13 PM »

Is she excited?  How long is kindergarten there?  Ours is half day unless you need a before or after school program and then you have to pay for it.

It is a full day, except for this week. Tomorrow is 1 hour with your mom. Wednesday is till lunch. Not sure about Thursday. But Friday is a full day.

There are 6 classes so she has no idea if anybody she knows will be in any of her classes.

John G.

« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2014, 03:30:48 PM »

That was one of the most heartbreaking movies I've ever seen.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »

Mom, not parent, or is it just that your sister will be the one to go.  It is nice they build up to full day.
VIBES SHE ENJOYS SCHOOL!!!!

John G.

« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2014, 03:34:23 PM »

It just took two minutes to make that last post, which was a quote. Those seem to take longer, and I don't know if they are going through, because I usually get a message saying that the connection been interrupted.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2014, 03:36:14 PM »

Finally watching "Dallas Buyers Club." Enjoying the performances, even if the direction is a bit inert.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2014, 03:38:16 PM »

Which, "Make Way for Tomorrow" or "Love is Strange"?

Jane

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2014, 03:38:51 PM »

So far I'm not having any issues.

Michael

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2014, 03:54:31 PM »

TOD

The Man Who Folded Himself.

I read it when I was around 14 or 15. Didn't know it had adult material in it

I read it because it was by David Gerrold who at that time was best known to me for writing for Star Trek and The Land of The Lost.

It was also my first novel that had homosexuality as part of the plot which I didn't quite understand what it was.
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2014, 03:57:47 PM »

Mom, not parent, or is it just that your sister will be the one to go.  It is nice they build up to full day.
VIBES SHE ENJOYS SCHOOL!!!!

I think it is all the moms that are going. But I suppose you could send your dad.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2014, 04:12:02 PM »

Didn't you see his comment implying that he had not seen "Love is Strange"?

John G.

« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2014, 04:21:51 PM »

Make Way for Tomorrow.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2014, 04:42:30 PM »

I'm now on my third load of laundry.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2014, 04:42:40 PM »

Just had to share. :)

George

« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2014, 04:57:28 PM »

Well...

George

« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »

...since we're so close...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up