Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BORING WEDNESDAY THAT WAS  (Read 4323 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE BORING WEDNESDAY THAT WAS
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2019, 04:25:53 PM »

I've been trying to figure what I need to do to sleep through the night. In desperation one night at 2 am, unable to sleep, I pulled out some sleep products I hadn't used in a while. One used to help, but no longer did so. The other never did seem to help. Guess what? The one that never helped made a difference! I now keep it next to my bed in case I wake up during the night.

Those who never have sleep issues just don't know how lucky they are!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2019, 04:27:11 PM »

I really don't how I am supposed to buy a home and still be able to eat?

You want to eat, too? Picky, picky, picky.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2019, 04:28:54 PM »

We have been visited by a bear twice in two days.

This is thanks to its having discovered the bird feeders. Nathan says it’s a young one — but not a cub, which is important — and he’ll be able to scare it off easily. (He’s an exterminator with some training in wildlife control, and has the proper noisemakers and other paraphernalia.)

Well, those skills will certainly come in handy.

Anti-bear vibes.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2019, 04:32:47 PM »

DR George those were a good number of similar and duplicate names you worked with.

When we moved into our condo 3 of our neighbos in our building were named Jim and 2 of those had wives with matching names.  One Jim moved away and the remaing wives have different names.

George's case is the most I've ever heard of.

In my life currently there's an Erik and a Daerick, a Mindy and a Mandy. (Two Mandys, actually.) I've gotten a bit tongue-tied once or twice.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2019, 04:34:08 PM »

I've been trying to figure what I need to do to sleep through the night. In desperation one night at 2 am, unable to sleep, I pulled out some sleep products I hadn't used in a while. One used to help, but no longer did so. The other never did seem to help. Guess what? The one that never helped made a difference! I now keep it next to my bed in case I wake up during the night.

I am glad something is finally working.

When it is really bad I feel the same as when I am suffering from server jet lag without the the reward of seeing new places. 

DR Jeanne do you also get nauseated along with the other symptoms?

Jane

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2019, 04:34:55 PM »

DR George those were a good number of similar and duplicate names you worked with.

When we moved into our condo 3 of our neighbos in our building were named Jim and 2 of those had wives with matching names.  One Jim moved away and the remaing wives have different names.

In my life currently there's an Erik and a Daerick, a Mindy and a Mandy. (Two Mandys, actually.) I've gotten a bit tongue-tied once or twice.

;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2019, 04:37:42 PM »

When it is really bad I feel the same as when I am suffering from server jet lag without the the reward of seeing new places. 

Not from sleep issues. When my neck and shoulders cramp up badly it can make me a bit sick, but I learned long ago that I need to treat for cramping, not stomach issues.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2019, 04:40:21 PM »

Pain does that too :(

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2019, 04:40:53 PM »

I'm trying to make a joke out of your "server jet lag" typo. When the (computer) server is really slow you get jet lag. I'm sure someone here can do better than that.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2019, 04:42:33 PM »

I have no other news.

Vibes to all.

TTFN.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2019, 04:47:37 PM »

Had a good and brief work session, then was just in the mood for something fast and easy so - McDonald's - very good today.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2019, 04:48:03 PM »

Tonight we are going to watch Stan & Ollie.  DR Druxy I will mention your comments to Keith.  Did anyone else also see it?  If so did you find it sad?

Jane

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2019, 05:13:34 PM »

I'm trying to make a joke out of your "server jet lag" typo. When the (computer) server is really slow you get jet lag. I'm sure someone here can do better than that.

;D :)

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2019, 05:23:41 PM »

The news has broken on Facebook, so I can share it here now:  Rob and Mary Linda closed on their first house today.  It's about 15 miles from us and a very good choice for them.  This photo makes it look like it's out in the country, which it was when it was built, but it's actually 5 minutes from lots of shopping & dining and right across the road from Voice of America Park.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2019, 05:38:29 PM »

The news has broken on Facebook, so I can share it here now:  Rob and Mary Linda closed on their first house today.  It's about 15 miles from us and a very good choice for them.  This photo makes it look like it's out in the country, which it was when it was built, but it's actually 5 minutes from lots of shopping & dining and right across the road from Voice of America Park.

Congratulations! I wish them years of joy
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2019, 05:40:34 PM »

Thank you, DR Vixmom!  We're very happy for them, of course, but will miss having upstairs housemates...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

KevinH

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2019, 05:50:34 PM »

Congrats to Rob and Mary Linda!

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2019, 05:55:49 PM »

Thanks, DR KevinH!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »

I wrote about Stan and Ollie right here - I enjoyed it for what it was.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2019, 06:30:19 PM »

Congratulations to Rob and Mary Linda on their lovely new home.  While you will miss your upstairs housemates I still congratulate you on the nearness of their new home.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2019, 06:31:09 PM »

I wrote about Stan and Ollie right here - I enjoyed it for what it was.

It would be nice if the "search" bar included the notes.

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2019, 06:36:10 PM »

Congratulations to Rob and Mary Linda on their lovely new home.  While you will miss your upstairs housemates I still congratulate you on the nearness of their new home.

Thank you, DR Jane!  We are very pleased with their location.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2019, 07:07:23 PM »

Very nice house DR GINNY!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2019, 07:27:30 PM »

Very nice house DR GINNY!

Thanks, DR JRand!  It’s going to be even nicer before they move in because they’re redoing all the floors downstairs - new carpet in the living room and bedrooms, woodgrain laminate in kitchen, dining room, and hall.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2019, 07:39:57 PM »

When I did A Christmas Story back in December, there were two Meghans and one Megan.  One of the Meghans (the only one that I knew...she also was just in Bunbury) said that people could call her Meg.  I still called her Meghan.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 07:41:31 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2019, 07:41:42 PM »

Congrats to the new home owners!! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2019, 07:42:07 PM »

And now, I'm off.  Gonna do a little shopping, then head home.

Be back later.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2019, 08:01:43 PM »

Good evening, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2019, 08:01:51 PM »

It's been an insane day.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2019, 08:01:59 PM »

Let's move on.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up