Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: EPHEMERA AND DETRITUS  (Read 35141 times)

MBarnum

Re:EPHEMERA AND DETRITUS
« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2007, 01:59:40 PM »

Product placements don't bother me at all. They're a fact of life now, and I much prefer the real thing to someone opening a box that's labeled "Cookies" or drinking from a can called "Cola."

Product placement was widely used in TV shows of the 50s...and of course many shows, like Burns and Allen incorporated the commercial into the show.

And like MattH, I always thought it sill when a character uses a generic box of cereal...you would think they could actually make the box look somewhat like a real cereal box, even if it is a fake one.

MBarnum

« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2007, 02:01:00 PM »

No one should pass up the chance to see a Bollywood musical in a theatre!

If only you were coming to NYC this week you could be my date!

But then, of course, you may be only saying this because you will be safely 1000s of miles away.

MBarnum

« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2007, 02:01:41 PM »

I did to to an Indian wrap restaurant in Times Square yesterday that had a lot of old Bollywood posters on the wall that MBarnum would love. It is closing the day he arrives though.

Closing? How sad. What will become of all of those posters???

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2007, 02:03:14 PM »

From All That Chat:

On a side note who appointed you the authority on taste??? Hate to break it to you but just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they have bad taste, only different taste. To say that "we're going to be suffering for Brantley's bad taste for years and years to come" is one of the most arrogant and ludicrous things I've read on this board, and that's saying a lot. I happen to agree with a lot of what BB writes and I happen to think my taste is pretty good.

Somethings never change.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MBarnum

« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2007, 02:04:03 PM »

And Rodzinski, you neglected to say if you wanted to go to the Bollywood movie on Friday.

Don't think I didn't notice. ;)

And where is Jose.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2007, 02:05:46 PM »

And where is Jose.

I'm pretty sure he's hiding, along with MusicGuy, in the banyan tree grove down by the reservoir.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2007, 02:09:25 PM »

But then, of course, you may be only saying this because you will be safely 1000s of miles away.

No, she's less than 900 miles away - a short 12 hour spin in her car and she could join you!

der Brucer

singdaw

« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2007, 02:16:41 PM »

DR Edisaurus -

Your very generous package and your very sweet note arrived today!!!!  A million thanks...    :-*

You very sweet.  And funny too!  Me love you long time.

singdaw

« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2007, 02:17:58 PM »

ps:  should I save the return address for future reference?  Or is that the old house...

DERBRUCER

« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2007, 02:18:36 PM »

I'm pretty sure he's hiding, along with MusicGuy, in the banyan tree grove down by the reservoir.

The Randy Vicar and the Tryst in the Banyon Grove

der Brucer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #220 on: June 26, 2007, 02:19:41 PM »

No, no!  We had a first run Bollywood theatre near our house and a wonderful Indian restaurant nearby. And they both closed!!

The theatre was a twin; one side was the dollar movie, which we attended, the other side was, especially on the weekend, chock full of young Indian folks. If we got there early we would sneak in and catch some of the movie.

There is a Bollywood Channel on Comcast but you have to pay extra for it.

Our Indian restaurant of choice now has a monitor which has a channel that's sort of like MTV for music videos from movies. Always VERY entertaining!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #221 on: June 26, 2007, 02:21:45 PM »

ps:  should I save the return address for future reference?  Or is that the old house...

It is the old house but the address should be good for another month, at least. We will still have that address, but we may not get out there every day to check the mail!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #222 on: June 26, 2007, 02:22:59 PM »

Your very generous package and your very sweet note arrived today!!!!  A million thanks...    :-*

The generosity is all DR Elmore's...I am just the messenger. Enjoy!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: June 26, 2007, 02:25:07 PM »

If I were coming to NYC this week I'd be most happy to be your date--if you'd agree. Of course, it would have to include an Indian meal.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2007, 02:25:42 PM »

I just read at TV GUIDE on-line that due to disappointing ratings, TNT will be moving HEARTLAND to 8 p.m. on July 23 , and the 10 p.m. slot will go to SAVING GRACE (with Holly Hunter) that was going to premiere on WEdnesdays at 10, but now will be on Monday after THE CLOSER.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: June 26, 2007, 02:29:15 PM »

Anyone have any thoughts on the Courtyard by Marriott Convention Center in Washington DC?  Also, is it convenient to Union Station?

But it would be a very long commute for BK   ;)  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2007, 02:29:20 PM »

I told you those promo's were BORING!

Tomovoz

« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2007, 02:30:26 PM »

TOTD:  Hercules - The DISNEY version.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2007, 02:30:29 PM »

I Cilla.  I have been thinking about you.  Any updates on your new office and move?

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2007, 02:31:03 PM »

Welcome to America!

This morning Ioana took Yogi for a walk & returned home just as a policewoman & a detective were taking the nice lady across away in handcuffs.  Craig was inside studying & completely missed the commotion.  

The lady was very friendly to Ioana & said she forgot to lock the door & to please do it for her.

But how is the cat?????

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #230 on: June 26, 2007, 02:31:21 PM »

Heading down now to clean the living room and then get back to some evening viewing.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: June 26, 2007, 02:34:07 PM »

The move is progressing nicely, thanks for asking.  The old office is nothing but frustrating, but I just have to last a few more days.   I went over while they delivered my conference table today and it took a little longer than expected.  My cell phone rang as I was walking back into the office and it was the judge's secretary sounding very surprised I was walking in the office because Martha told her she had no idea if I'd be in today....this was at 3:00 PM ..  I can't stand that woman

Edisaurus

« Reply #232 on: June 26, 2007, 02:34:22 PM »

I just read at TV GUIDE on-line that due to disappointing ratings, TNT will be moving HEARTLAND to 8 p.m. on July 23 , and the 10 p.m. slot will go to SAVING GRACE (with Holly Hunter) that was going to premiere on WEdnesdays at 10, but now will be on Monday after THE CLOSER.

You are correct! But up until they do the time change, TNT will re-air the previous week's CLOSER episode before going into the new one on Monday nights. Boy...it's going to be confusing for the next month. We didn't get good numbers last night and I think some felt that HEARTLAND was dragging us down.

Tomovoz

« Reply #233 on: June 26, 2007, 02:35:22 PM »

Thanks to DR RedShoes, DP Colin and I caught up with the Tony Awards yesterday.  We have no interest at all in seeing the winning musical.  I hate those microphones as I did with RENT.  "Grey Gardens" and "Curtains" woud be my choices.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #234 on: June 26, 2007, 02:35:45 PM »

Ok, now that's off my chest.  I'm trying to decide if I'm going to just take Thursday and Friday off.  It would mean taking 2 more vacation days that I could get paid for, but man, I'm really going crazy here and after tomorrow afternoon I literally don't have anything to do for 2 days.   I could call in sick, I suppose, but I don't want to do that.

Jane

« Reply #235 on: June 26, 2007, 02:44:16 PM »

But how is the cat?????

;D  The cat is fine.  She & Yogi are doing very well together again.  She likes to eat his food & he lets her.  I forgot to ask if she has stopped crying all the time now she is back with Craig.

Jane

« Reply #236 on: June 26, 2007, 02:45:25 PM »

The move is progressing nicely, thanks for asking.  The old office is nothing but frustrating, but I just have to last a few more days.   I went over while they delivered my conference table today and it took a little longer than expected.  My cell phone rang as I was walking back into the office and it was the judge's secretary sounding very surprised I was walking in the office because Martha told her she had no idea if I'd be in today....this was at 3:00 PM ..  I can't stand that woman

So...the obnoxious woman had seen you in the office before you left to check on the delivery?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #237 on: June 26, 2007, 02:57:59 PM »

Back from rehearsal - worked mostly act one, which is finally beginning to take shape.  I let her rehearse by herself for a couple of days, and it's just amazing to see that her moves were not what was blocked - and she has it in her script correctly.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: June 26, 2007, 03:00:03 PM »

It's pretty definite that Lauren won't be with us in NY.  And it also appears that BJ can't make the trek due to his low financial condition - it's a pity, the latter, because he would be seen by everyone and it's such an important step not to let an opportunity like this go by.  But, what do I know.

Lauren, who is in my friend's show, Bukowsical, IS going to do that in NY at the Fringe - she can afford that but not us - amazing.

Jane

« Reply #239 on: June 26, 2007, 03:17:47 PM »

You are correct! But up until they do the time change, TNT will re-air the previous week's CLOSER episode before going into the new one on Monday nights. Boy...it's going to be confusing for the next month. We didn't get good numbers last night and I think some felt that HEARTLAND was dragging us down.

I don't get that.  If you like a show why wouldn't you tune into it no matter what the shows before or after are?  It's not like it is difficult to change the channel. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up