Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO MANY WORDS  (Read 62459 times)

Miss Karen

Re:TOO MANY WORDS
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2007, 08:42:08 AM »

As a costumer (albeit amateur), I've got chests and closets full of clothes I can't part with -- might need it for some dramatic purpose at some point -- plus it doesn't help that I'm part pack-rat...

But like everyone else, T-shirts and shoes, but my oldest pieces would be:

a colorful little vest my grandmother gave me in elementary school at Christmas (I was so taken with it then that whenever I pull it out now, I just can't imagine giving it away -- besides I might have a little grand-daughter to give it to someday....)

my twirling costumes from high school

and this leather jacket my husband gave me in college circa 1970s -- multiple-piece, multi-colored thing -- that is most retro now -- Karen and the Amazing Multi-Colored Leathercoat ...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2007, 08:42:36 AM »

Matt H-Continued healing vibes at home for your friend.

Thank you, DR Jane. I just got a call from him. I'll be picking him up in about an hour, and he sounded relieved to finally be released.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2007, 08:43:34 AM »

Now, I'm going to head down and take care of a few things around the house before I go to meet Jeff.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Miss Karen

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2007, 08:45:10 AM »

DR Miss Karen, I just came up with a better answer to your question.  About that upper fish on my avatar?  It's just pixelated to protect you from the naughty bits!!

:o ...Whatever!!  ... it definitely has some issues... :-\

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2007, 08:47:16 AM »

OK , MBARNUM, here's an old story from my past that you might enjoy. Just thought of it last night:

There used to be a TV show starring Ida Lapino and Howard Duff, called MR ADAMS AND EVE. Their dressing room was a small--quite small--little structure with two rooms. Over one door was a sign, MR ADAMS, and, of course, over the other, EVE. After the show completed the dressing room was about to be broken down and trashed. My dad grabbed it, brought it home, and set it up in the back yard for me to use as a playhouse. Yes, a real star's (stars') dressing room. I was ten. And, yes, I could appreciate what it was and where it came from.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2007, 08:48:03 AM »

I have a Spandau Ballet T-shirt that I bought back in the 80s when that band was popular. I couldn't squeeze into to save my life, but still I keep it.

....Oh contraire, dearest MB......

You just let dear Elmo and I have you alone in a room for 30 minutes, and you'd come out of that room wearing your old T-shirt AND a smile!

And That T-shirt would be fitting on you like a second skin.... in the best tradition of 50s hunk & muscle movies! :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2007, 08:48:11 AM »

Glad Cason made it back to L.A. safely.

Miss Karen at least you get to see your son often.  In June Craig will have been in Romania 4 years.  Twice we visited him & twice he returned home for short visits.

It looks as if he will be returning to the States just shy of his four year stay.  He has been accepted into a graduate program at Carnegie-Mellon.  Instead of beginning in September they accepted him for this May!  Craig hasn’t heard back from the other schools he applied to, this was really fast.  Not that it matters as CMU is his school of choice.

Jennifer

« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2007, 08:49:30 AM »

HEROES

You've got something against good food?

Linderman himself said that cooking was one of the few things in life where he could come close to perfection.

And Malcolm McDowell has had white hair for ages.

You DO know who Malcolm McDowell is, right?

I've seen him in a few things. But i'm not sure what specifically you're referring to.

I love good food!

I did not know who would be playing Linderman.  And i guess i just pictured him differently.  I can't imagine most people would have expected a white haired chef who seemed quite calm.  He was just the complete opposite of what i was expecting.

MusicGuy

« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2007, 08:50:48 AM »

And after my impulsive and cheeky post to dear MB.....

A GOOD MORNING to all of the sun-dried lovelies here today.

Jane

« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2007, 08:51:27 AM »

MR ADAMS AND EVE, another show I would like to see again.  Jeanne, your stories are wonderful.  I wish I had known you back then.

Miss Karen

« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »

***FIRST DAY OF REHEARSAL VIBES*** for DR JoseSPiano

and continuing ***healing vibes*** for Sherlock.

Well, look at little junior there -- no longer a newbie and using that HHWer lingo like a pro (but couldn't help but notice no fancy "moving" graphics or verbage across the screen....)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2007, 08:52:26 AM »

All these stories of not being able to throw out old clothes really warm my heart. All those declutter folks make me feel that I'm derelict (well, maybe I am...). But it's not just about functionality, is it? Senitment has a place in life, I say. Memories are important.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2007, 08:53:33 AM »

MR ADAMS AND EVE, another show I would like to see again.  Jeanne, your stories are wonderful.  I wish I had known you back then.

Thank you, Jane. And we grew up so close to each other!

MusicGuy

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2007, 08:53:58 AM »

And dear Esteemed, rested, and cranium-filled BK --

Did a box from me arrive (hopefully) at your mail place on Saturday, and have you retrieved it?  Just checking, so I don't have to file a claim against UPS.

Jennifer

« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2007, 08:54:44 AM »

HEROES spoilers and speculation.

RE:  HEROES

Wow!  Wow!  And WOW!  What an episode!  How are we gonna wait until April?

! ! ! ! ! SPOILER ALERT  ! ! ! ! !

I have a theory!  I believe that Grandmom Petrelli once worked for "The Company" but is now working against it.  Furthermore, I'm willing to bet that while Nathan is her natural son, she "adopted" Peter much the same way that HRG "adopted" Claire.  And it is because of an early manifestation of Peter's adaptive powers that he so resembles his mother and brother.  This will clear the way for Peter and Claire to eventually hook up without it being unseemly.  That is, if Peter lives through whatever Skyler puts him through...

When will April get here!

Well i would be completely shocked if peter dies. I mean he is a fan favorite. Plus since he can heal himself and make himself invisible, i think it is highly unlikely that he is going anywhere.

While i would love an eventual peter and claire hookup. Then making him her uncle and then backtracking and making her only 15 (instead of the 17 many assumed she was) seems to indicate they do not want them together. I thought there chemistry was great and am just looking forward to seeing them in actual scenes together.

Oh and re: linderman, i do think it was great casting. It was surprising and really different. I loved it!  I mean the way linderman has been portrayed (him ordering people dead ...) it just seemed like he would be mean. But how great for him to be differerent than we expected.

Miss Karen

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2007, 08:56:08 AM »

....Oh contraire, dearest MB......

You just let dear Elmo and I have you alone in a room for 30 minutes, and you'd come out of that room wearing your old T-shirt AND a smile!

And That T-shirt would be fitting on you like a second skin.... in the best tradition of 50s hunk & muscle movies! :)

:o.... You're such a cheeky little monkey....you're just to... to...to..to! :D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2007, 08:57:25 AM »

I've never been a shoe lover, but despite tossing all I can the last few years, I've been unable to go through and weed out my shoes. I have a small wardrobe of shoes in size 7 (I wear a 7 1/2) that I KNOW I'll never wear, but can't bear to toss. My friend Bart, who's much more hardhearted than I, told me recently that he has the same problem: he simply can't throw out old shoes!!

OK, H/Ks, who can think of a name for the inability to throw out old shoes???

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2007, 08:59:03 AM »

For some reason, I was compelled to look up the following.  I don't know why.  But, here it is for you all to enjoy:

"I Married Joan" by Richard Mack

I married Joan
What a girl, what a whirl, what a life.
Oh I married Joan
What a mind, love is blind what a wife.

Giddy and gay, all day she keeps my heart laughin'
Never know where her brain has flown.

Each to his own
Can't deny that's why I married Joan.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2007, 09:01:26 AM »

I have a feeling Jose is going to have a fun interesting day.

Jeanne-There is always the possibility we did meet and will never know it.  

Miss Karen

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2007, 09:04:29 AM »

Glad Cason made it back to L.A. safely.

Miss Karen at least you get to see your son often.  In June Craig will have been in Romania 4 years.  Twice we visited him & twice he returned home for short visits.

It looks as if he will be returning to the States just shy of his four year stay.  He has been accepted into a graduate program at Carnegie-Mellon.  Instead of beginning in September they accepted him for this May!  Craig hasn’t heard back from the other schools he applied to, this was really fast.  Not that it matters as CMU is his school of choice.

Yes, we're lucky that he's not too far away.  He's just so much fun to have around -- keeps me laughing.
In my best James Lipton voice:  "He's delightful .... whimsical..."

And what great news about Craig.  You must be proud -- Carnegie-Mellon, impressive -- not to mention MUCH closer than Romania...Congrats to Craig!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2007, 09:06:46 AM »

I went to the nursery and bought many colorful flowers. When my butterfly emerges from his chrysalis any day now, I must have a feast prepared.

Besides, flower-planting is a nice relaxing thing to do whilst awaiting a subpoena, don't you think?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2007, 09:17:38 AM »

CMU is his school of choice.

And one for Craig!  

Congratulations-

Miss Karen

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2007, 09:17:52 AM »

Besides, flower-planting is a nice relaxing thing to do whilst awaiting a subpoena, don't you think?

..yes, that, and maybe a stiff shot of tequilla...

Jane

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2007, 09:18:39 AM »

Thank you Miss Karen.

We are very excited and proud of him.  Instead of two years for his Masters degree the school is taking into account his Peace Corps & work experience in Romania & offered a one year accelerated program.

This is all very sudden and exciting.  Craig has much to think about and to do in a very short period of time.  First he feels guilty having recently begun a new job.  He needs housing.  He has to bring his dog with him, his cat might wait until the summer.  Plus he needs to figure out how to get his Romanian girl friend here.  It is all very complicated.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2007, 09:19:46 AM »

Thanks Singdaw :)  I am so happy for him.

Miss Karen

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2007, 09:21:01 AM »

Well, look at little junior there -- no longer a newbie and using that HHWer lingo like a pro (but couldn't help but notice no fancy "moving" graphics or verbage across the screen....)

DR Dingdaw ~ Guess that's next, when you're a "full member".....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2007, 09:22:58 AM »

Thought I'd mentioned the box arriving, MusicGuy - it arrived, and I'm going to actually attempt to send something out in one of the boxes this week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2007, 09:23:38 AM »

The skies are a bright canary blue and it looks like it will be another lovely day.  

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2007, 09:24:39 AM »

Jeanne-There is always the possibility we did meet and will never know it.  

Yes, the same thought occurred to me.

singdaw

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2007, 09:24:52 AM »

(but couldn't help but notice no fancy "moving" graphics or verbage across the screen....)

[move=left,scroll,20, transparent, 100%]
***JUST GIVE ME TIME, DR Miss Karen!!!***
[/move][/B]

[move=up,scroll,20, transparent, 100%]
JUST GIVE ME TIME, DR Miss Karen!!!***
[/move][/B]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 09:25:17 AM by singdaw »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23   Go Up