Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO MANY WORDS  (Read 62472 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:TOO MANY WORDS
« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2007, 02:01:28 PM »

Tu?... Tu?... Tu?...Tu?...

Four "Tu's"....does that equal a "Toi"?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #301 on: March 06, 2007, 02:01:38 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]3OOth 3O1st POST PAGE 11 DANCE!![/move]

::)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 02:04:00 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #302 on: March 06, 2007, 02:02:07 PM »

[size=8]M-O-O-N, that spells Page 11[/size]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2007, 02:05:26 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]3OOth 3O1st POST PAGE 11 DANCE!![/move]

::)

Beat ya to it, Georgie!

Tomovoz

« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2007, 02:07:46 PM »

DR Jose - does the revised "Over & Over" retain the "Eat The Ice Cream" song?. There are not enough songs about the major food groups.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #305 on: March 06, 2007, 02:10:08 PM »

Speaking of which:

I chatted up Alex's (4th grade Grandlad) Music teacher about the lessons to be offered next year. It is true that "keyboard" will not be an option. (I told her about Alex's Dad's refusal to allow him to play, in his house, any musical instrument that makes noise.) I have a fairly nice keyboard he could use with headphones to keep everybody happy. Well, all the instrument choices (Clarinet, Sax, French Horn, Flute, Trumpet, Drums) have no electronic counterparts (I know of).

She agrees that keyboards would answer the parental objection and also provide Alex with good grounding in music (a hell of a lot better than Drums!)

So what's the problem:

The school purchases their music arrangements in a band package which does not include keyboard charts!

I told her I would pay for the music if she could acquire it.

She will investigate.

(I think I worked a successful guilt/sympathy trip on her.)

der Brucer

Hmmm...

Having had quite a bit of experience as a print music buyer, I'd have to question the lack of band packages that do not include keyboard parts.  Heck, even some "band" method books include keyboard/piano parts nowadays.  -Alas, this is mainly due to the fact that a lot of schools have to supplement the sound of their school band with a piano or keyboard.

Many band sets will include a "piano accompaniment" part, but that part is usually meant to be played by the teacher since it is an "advanced" part.  However, that does not rule out the possibility that a student could just play the left hand or right hand part - or better yet, having two students play the one part as a duet.

Another option to explore would be to see if there is a melodic/mallet percussion book/part as part of the set and teaching materials.  Yes, it would mean that the student would be playing a single line (from a glockenspiel, xylophone, marimba, and/or bell part), but that part could also be played in octaves by both hands. And if the school happened to have a keyboard/synth, and no mallet percussion instruments, well, then the parts could be played on the electronic keyboard, and sound - almost sound - like the real thing.

*And if the student needed some additional practice reading and playing bass clef, there's also the possibility of doubling the bass parts on the piano too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #306 on: March 06, 2007, 02:11:44 PM »

DR Jose - does the revised "Over & Over" retain the "Eat The Ice Cream" song?. There are not enough songs about the major food groups.

"Eat the Ice Cream" is indeed still retained.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #307 on: March 06, 2007, 02:14:41 PM »

Beat ya to it, Georgie!

Only by 10 seconds! >:(

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #308 on: March 06, 2007, 02:15:52 PM »

Four "Tu's"....does that equal a "Toi"?

Piccolo iddio!

*I thought I would just continue the Puccini reference.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #309 on: March 06, 2007, 02:16:51 PM »

OK - Time to start a load of laundry, and also to take an e-break.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #310 on: March 06, 2007, 02:30:59 PM »

Thank you DR Jose.  Now to add a song about the other major food group - chocolate.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #311 on: March 06, 2007, 02:32:29 PM »

How can Eddie Hodges be 60? (today?)
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #312 on: March 06, 2007, 02:39:55 PM »

Heading down now to fix what would have been my lunch but due to errands will now turn into my dinner.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #313 on: March 06, 2007, 02:40:51 PM »

[size=8]M-O-O-N, that spells Page 11[/size]

HOWL!!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #314 on: March 06, 2007, 02:58:06 PM »

WHAT a day.  Holy moley on rye.  I went to my meeting, parking on the corner of Tujunga and Moorpark, where they were doing that annoying thing of shooting a movie.  Kirby was running late, so Joan and I did what we had to do.  I then had to go put money in the meter.  When I'd parked, I was behind a fire truck (they were having lunch) and I'd misjudged how close I was to the curb.  So, I went to move my car closer to the curb.  Turned the key.  Nada.  Squat.  Nothing.  Dead.  As a doornail, and I think we all know how dead a doornail is.  It so disgruntles me to have a working car one minute and a non-working car moments later.  I called the auto club and a half-hour later they showed up.  He looked at the battery and ascertained that the terminal had corroded beyond corrosion.  I could see it plainly - tons of white around the terminal connection.  He cleaned it a bit and managed to get the car started.  I asked him if I was safe to be able to go the mile to my local station where I attend to car matters.  He said no prob.  He left.  The minute I pulled away from the curb I knew that there WAS a prob - I could hear the battery fighting to hold the connection from the terminal.  I prayed I could go the mile without dying.  I went six blocks and that was that.  I looked at the terminal and the bloody connector, which is normally about a half-inch or more thick, had corroded to a sliver of metal and having cleaned all that white corrosion away, the metal wasn't even touching the battery connector.  Another half-hour to get them back to me, then I was towed to my local station.  He fixed the terminal right away, then I had him check the battery to see how much life it had left (I last replaced the battery four years ago - I'm sure it's in these here notes somewhere) - he hooked it up to a machine and it was very low in juice - he said maybe I had a month maybe I had a day.  Obviously, I put a new battery in and now with the new terminal everything is fine and dandy with the motor car.  And that's been my day.  I shall now read through my pages, fix and smooth, then print them out so I can get them to my muse Margaret in the morning.  I also have to print out a Brain script to send to a producer.

MBarnum

« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2007, 03:03:11 PM »

I hate car troubles.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #316 on: March 06, 2007, 03:26:42 PM »

I hate car troubles.

When it comes to cars, I've never had that much engine-knew-ity.

Ouch, I can hear the cringes...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #317 on: March 06, 2007, 03:29:01 PM »

I also have to print out a Brain script to send to a producer.

That's what I'm talkin' about!
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #318 on: March 06, 2007, 03:29:32 PM »

Glad Cason made it back to L.A. safely.

Miss Karen at least you get to see your son often.  In June Craig will have been in Romania 4 years.  Twice we visited him & twice he returned home for short visits.

It looks as if he will be returning to the States just shy of his four year stay.  He has been accepted into a graduate program at Carnegie-Mellon.  Instead of beginning in September they accepted him for this May!  Craig hasn’t heard back from the other schools he applied to, this was really fast.  Not that it matters as CMU is his school of choice.

I once ate an entire Carnegie Melon.  It was very sweet, but it, also, made me think.!

(And you thought I was going to bring up weiners)
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #319 on: March 06, 2007, 03:32:05 PM »

[/i]

...around here, you just might have... :o
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:32:28 PM by Cason »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #320 on: March 06, 2007, 03:33:42 PM »

Hello, TCB!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #321 on: March 06, 2007, 03:34:04 PM »

I have been waiting, and waiting for the list of celebritie guests to update on the website for the Burbank Ray Courts Hollywood Show....I waited and waited for days...finally it has updated...with only one name added since last week...Traci Lords... ::)

Guess I will have to wait for further updates.

I am excited to be attending again this year, however!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #322 on: March 06, 2007, 03:35:17 PM »

[/i]

But from the stories you have hinted at, I am sure you have done so before.

Miss Karen

« Reply #323 on: March 06, 2007, 03:37:20 PM »

When it comes to cars, I've never had that much engine-knew-ity.

Ouch, I can hear the cringes...

Don't apologize -- throw 'em -- and caution-- to the wind...everyone else does on this site....

MBarnum

« Reply #324 on: March 06, 2007, 03:37:32 PM »

So far it will be just me, Laurie Mitchell, and Traci Lords.

MBarnum

« Reply #325 on: March 06, 2007, 03:38:17 PM »

DR Singdaw, you must never reign in! That is no fun!

Miss Karen

« Reply #326 on: March 06, 2007, 03:39:17 PM »

I once ate an entire Carnegie Melon.  It was very sweet, but it, also, made me think.!

[/i]

:D

See, Case, DR TCB has no shame..

MBarnum

« Reply #327 on: March 06, 2007, 03:39:27 PM »

I have made my plane reservations (ouch) and now must make hotel reservations.

Miss Karen

« Reply #328 on: March 06, 2007, 03:40:45 PM »

But from the stories you have hinted at, I am sure you have done so before.

Now that would be a safe bet...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #329 on: March 06, 2007, 03:41:49 PM »

Well, I just got my first official paycheck...

It's nice - but I see the government got their little fingers all over it first.  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23   Go Up